1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Theme Show What to do?

1. LBurke

LBurke Member

I am doing a joint show with a pleasure party lady this Sat. We're doing a 'Chocolate bliss' theme and I'm making a choc micro cake and a m&m brownie trifle. In choosing recipes that would go together quickly, they don't show off many products. I normally do a scavenger hunt thru the catalog to show off products I don't talk about in my demo, but want to show them some more hands on quick stuff too. What should I do? I don't want to spend a lot of time or money on anything These are the ideas I had...
    Garlic - press and slicer
    onion - mandoline and cutlery

Apr 28, 2009
  2. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

You can also show the Food Chopper with onion... Get a lime and you can show the Microplane Adjustable Grater, Zester/Scorer and the Citrus Press. You'll also be showing the cutting boards. I would also have a potato and maybe a carrot and/or cucumber... you can show the Vegetable Peeler, the Serrated Peeler and the Julienne Peeler... And I don't know how you feel about purchasing a pineapple, but you could demo that too and hand out pineapple chunks... just a few thoughts. I really enjoy doing the no recipe demo... You get to show off the really cool things and I usually do it really fast and have juice and peel all over, everyone likes it (be sure to have a garbage bowl!)... Good luck!

Apr 28, 2009
  3. scottcooks

scottcooks Veteran Member Gold Member

mighty potato demo... APCS / garlic press / food chopper / mandoline / QSP / batter bowl & scraper / stoneware

Apr 28, 2009
  4. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

Ok...You have me curious. I can figure out what you'd do with a potato for most of those items, but what do you do with it for the batter bowl & scraper? I'm assuming with the Quick-stir Pitcher you just put the pieces in some water and show it stirring around. :D

Apr 28, 2009
  5. LBurke

LBurke Member

got me too scott, what's the APCS?

Apr 28, 2009
  6. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

the APCS is the Apple Peeler Corer Slicer.

7. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

If this is a joint party, it already sounds like you are doing a lot to me. I wouldn't worry about doing too much else.

Apr 28, 2009
  8. pampchefsarah

pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

The APCS is the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer. It would work the same way on a potato as on an apple.

I'm wondering how the QSP would work on a potato, too. Mashed potatoes?

Thanks, though, Scott. 3 from our team have a booth this weekend and a huge local event - and we're not allowed to give out food samples. This will definitely help with some demo ideas.

Apr 28, 2009
  9. scottcooks

scottcooks Veteran Member Gold Member

It's a little unsightly, (brown & flecks of greyish potato) but I put a few drops of food coloring in the water and it's kind of fun!

Put whatever you chop/grate/peel into a batter bowl and show how the silicone scraper moves it all cleanly from the sides of the bowl. (you can get to the bottom of your batter and see if all the dry mix is incorporated, etc. etc.)

I used a large batter bowl with water to rinse everything right after using - the good part about potatoes is they are water soluble (even if it dries on stuff!)

Apr 29, 2009
Have something to add?