• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Failed Payment: My Mom's Show and a Direct Sales Disaster

In summary, the conversation revolved around a situation where the speaker's mother hosted a joint show with a Home Interiors lady and one of the guests, who was also a direct sales person, wrote a check for $60+ for Pc stuff. However, the check bounced due to insufficient funds and the speaker was left with the check fee and still owed for the order. After multiple attempts to contact the lady, she still has not paid the speaker after two months. The conversation also included advice on how to handle the situation, including taking the check to the lady's bank to see if there are enough funds to cash it.
elizabethfox
Gold Member
My mom hosted a show for me back on November 9th. It was a joint show that I did with a Home Interiors lady. Well one of the guests was a recruit of the Home Interiors gal. So she is a direct sales person too.

She ordered $60+ in Pc stuff and paid me with a check. I cashed the check and a week later, I get a notice from my bank that the check bounced because of insufficiant?? funds. So I call the lady and tell her the check was returned and that the she still owed me for her order ( that she already had btw) + a $7 returned check fee ( because that is what my bank charges me for a returned check).She says she will pay me in cash and give it to my mom at church the next day. ( My mom talked to the HI recruiter I did the show with and this lady says she bounces checks all the time, but always makes good on them right away....HA HA RIGHT!)

So I call my mom a week later, to meet her in town to get the money ( I live 40 min from my mom), and when she gives it to me there is a $20 check and the rest was in cash. SHE WAS SUPPOSED TO PAY ME ALL CASH!:grumpy: So I go and deposit that cash and check and lo and behold I get a notice that the second check was returned as well! So I call the gal and she says she would send me a money order (this was beginning of Dec.) So a week later still no money order. So I call her again. And again...and again....I get the answering machine on both the home and cell phone numbers. So it has been two months since she ordered and I am still out $27. :yuck:

Seeing as how she is a direct sales person as well ( and knows how things go), you would think she of all people wouldn't do something like this! :eek:

Anywhoo....any advice on what to do next? I am continuing to call her, with no avail.:cry:

my bank sends me a copy of the check back that says that you can use it like a regular check. If you get one of those take it to her bank to cash it they should be able to tell you if there are enough funds in her account to cover it. Good Luck

Yeah I got a copy of the check back....so if I take it to her bank, then they will cash it if she has the money in there?

They should at least be able to tell you if there are sufficiant funds in the account... I can't remember if they can "re"cash it or not. (I used to work at a bank, but my area was full of wealthy old people so we didn't run into that problem too often.) Why do people not take care of their finances? I have a customer/past host who I had to put on a 'guaranteed funds only' status. I won't take anything but cash or a money order. Luckily she is really cool and knows she is just flakey when it comes to money. We are able to joke about it.
Good luck!

I had a check bounce on me and when I got the copy of the check I took it right to her bank and they cashed it no problem. On the side it says it can be used like a regular check.

1. What happens if a guest's payment fails for my mom's show?

If a guest's payment fails, they will receive an email notification from Pampered Chef with instructions on how to update their payment information. They will have 24 hours to update their payment before their order is cancelled.

2. Can my mom still earn host rewards if a guest's payment fails?

Unfortunately, if a guest's payment fails, their order will not count towards your mom's show total and she will not earn host rewards for that order.

3. How can we prevent payment failures for my mom's show?

To prevent payment failures, make sure your guests have accurate and up-to-date payment information on file. Encourage them to double check their information before submitting their order.

4. Will my mom's show be affected if a guest's payment fails?

If multiple guests have payment failures, it may affect your mom's show total and potentially lower her host rewards. However, if only one guest has a payment failure, it should not have a significant impact on the show.

5. What should my mom do if a guest's payment fails after the show has closed?

If a guest's payment fails after the show has closed, your mom can reach out to Pampered Chef's customer support for assistance. They may be able to help the guest update their payment information and process their order.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• momoftwins
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
  • lisasfuncooking
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
cheflorraine
  • jimgass