• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Streamlining Paperwork: Tips for Managing Sales Receipts and Drawing Slips

In summary, Tracy keeps her receipts and contact information organized by filing them in an sleeve and binder. She backs up her files every day.
tracyt
I just ended my 90 days earlier this month, and the paperwork from sales receipts (the 3 ply ones) and the filled out drawing slips are piling up on my desk. What do y'all do with them? Do I input all the contact info from the drawing slips into P3? I've been using the emails from my paperwork to send out a monthly newsletter, but there has to be a better system than shuffling through everything once a month. Do I need the other 2 plies from the sales receipts, or can I throw those away since I have everything in P3. I'm really not sure what I'm supposed to do with all this. I need to do something with it though. I've lost my desk. :cry: Help!!

TIA,
Tracy :chef:

I have a small binder/folder and after each show, I record the name of each guest with their email address and phone number. I also include their past host discount # if they have one. That way, all their contact info is there and I can input it into my website contacts. Then i have a filing cabinet and I file all the receipts so I can find them if I need them later on. Oh, and I file the drawing slips in one of those recipe file holders

I don't keep anything after the show has closed. I have everything in P3. If a customer loses a receipt I just reprint but that has not happened as of yet.

I do enter the contacts into P3...even if they didn't place an order. I plan on filing the slips in a recipe box- at least for a little while. Haven't decided long term.
I also have a 2-drawer file cabinet. Each host has a folder in hanging file folders. I put the 2-ply receipts in there. I figured I'd at least hold onto them for a year. But I may just print a "show summary report" and then get rid of the 2-plys. Just be sure to keep good backups of your P3 file!But what do I know?! You should see my desk right now! I sure wish I could see it!! It's currently MIA. :D But the files in my head are BEAUTIFUL! *lol* I'm kidding- sort of- I do have those files...I just have to clean my desk for THIS week's mess. My biggest problem to conquer is (1) Keeping UP with my system, and (2) keeping my other areas from co-mingling! (School papers and "Domestic Management" papers (bills/receipts/mail,etc).*sigh* It's enough to drive anyone to drink!

PamperedChefLayla said:
I don't keep anything after the show has closed. I have everything in P3. If a customer loses a receipt I just reprint but that has not happened as of yet.

I like HER way! Forget all that I said!
After all- it's not my RESPONSIBILITY to maintain the receipt for warranty- it's the customer. It's just a nice customer service if I happen to have it. I'm their consultant, not their mother. :D

I've done well over 1,000 shows. I enter contact info, shred anything w/a credit card # and toss the rest. Back up your files daily...but, even if you somehow delete your shows permanently...PC has the shows you submitted on file.

Chefgirl2 said:
I enter contact info, shred anything w/a credit card # and toss the rest. Back up your files daily...

Ok, so I need to backup daily. I haven't been doing that. Good to know!!!! :D

So, I need to input ALL my contacts even if they didn't order to the "Add to Contact List" in P3? If I'm pulling up contacts in P3 for my newsletter, is there a way to gather up and copy ALL the emails at once? Or do I have to type them in one at a time?

Geesh. I just saw that P3 has contact groups. I see they have groups for potential recruits, hostesses, etc. Can I have a contact group for newsletter subscribers? If so, how do you do that? :confused: So much to figure out.

Tracy

I can't part with things - but yet like to stay organized. I put my receipts in a clear page protector (an entire show fits in one sleeve) and then I have them in a binder for now and if need be, I can move them to a filing cabinet drawer. I'm sure this doesn't work when I have 1000 shows but by that time, we'll be in the Jetson's era and I'll be flying a car to work. :)

1. What is the best way to organize my paperwork?

The best way to organize your paperwork will depend on your personal preferences and the type of paperwork you have. Some popular methods include using a filing cabinet, binders, or a digital filing system. It's important to find a system that works for you and to consistently maintain it.

2. How often should I go through and declutter my paperwork?

It's a good idea to go through and declutter your paperwork at least once a year. This will help you get rid of any unnecessary documents and keep your filing system up to date. You may also want to regularly go through your paperwork and shred any sensitive documents that you no longer need.

3. What should I do with important documents like birth certificates and passports?

Important documents like birth certificates and passports should be kept in a safe and secure location, such as a fireproof safe or a safety deposit box. It's also a good idea to make digital copies of these documents and store them in a secure online cloud storage service.

4. How can I reduce the amount of paper clutter in my home?

One way to reduce paper clutter is to switch to digital statements and bills whenever possible. You can also opt out of junk mail and unsubscribe from unnecessary mailing lists. When you do receive paper documents, make sure to properly file or recycle them to avoid clutter.

5. What is the best way to store important receipts and warranties?

It's important to keep track of receipts and warranties for important purchases. You can store them in a designated folder or binder, or use a digital system to store copies of these documents. Make sure to keep them organized and easily accessible in case you need to reference them in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kdangel518
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
kdangel518
  • ginamkiely
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ginamkiely
  • Shell Northway