• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What to Do With Orders From a Show Under $150?

In summary, the conversation revolves around a new host for a cooking show who is going through a rough time, and the questions asked by the newbie about managing orders and changing the show date. It is suggested to contact the customers and decide whether to pay for shipping or cancel the orders. Changing the show date is not allowed, but it is possible for catalog shows, as long as they are closed by the 15th of the following month. There is also a suggestion to combine orders with another show and make the first host a co-host to receive benefits. It is mentioned that there may be exceptions for using the following month's specials if agreed upon beforehand.
Optimist78
Hi All,

I'm a newbie. I have a few questions that I wanted to put out to the group. I have a host for an out of state cooking show, and she's going through a rough time in life right now. My sympathies genuinely go out to her, and I was surprised that she still wanted to host a show. To date, the show isn't a show yet (under $150). We held a impromptu cooking show at our Thanksgiving get together in the same city she lives, (she's dating a relative of mine) and two of my relatives placed small orders. The show was supposed to close on Nov. 29th, but she asked for more time. No prob. The closing date has changed twice from the 3rd to the 6th of Dec. She didn't have any additional orders until this morning. I got an online notification for a $55 sale! It's about $52 from it being a show.

My questions are:

1. If the sales don't reach $150, what do I do with the 3 orders that have been placed? Do I have to direct ship at my own expense? I think I can roll my relatives' orders into a cooking show I'm doing on the 11th, and give them in person next month when I see them. (I'll ask them first, of course.)

2. I set up a website page for her show. If she's okay with it, can I switch the date of the show to Dec. 1st or after? No one has placed an order over $60 yet, so my host is the only one affected by the month switch. I only have one show scheduled for Dec 1-15, and the show date change would help me qualify for the new item promotion. Are there any P3 or PWS restrictions I should know about before asking her about this?

Thanks so much everyone!

~Optimist

It's up to you to decide whether or not to pay the shipping for the individual orders. I would contact them and explain what happened. That way they can choose to cancel the order or pay the additional shipping. You cannot change the date on a cooking show and play by the rules. The date of a cooking show is the date you show up. However, if this were a catalog show you'd have some leeway. A catalog show can be placed in whichever month the host prefers, as long as it's closed by the 15th of the following month.

Thanks for the reply Rae Bates! Much appreciated. :)

Sadly, the show is officially not a show... Have to make some phone calls tonight to straighten things out with the customers.:(

Oh well. It's good experience I guess.

raebates said:
It's up to you to decide whether or not to pay the shipping for the individual orders. I would contact them and explain what happened. That way they can choose to cancel the order or pay the additional shipping.

You cannot change the date on a cooking show and play by the rules. The date of a cooking show is the date you show up. However, if this were a catalog show you'd have some leeway. A catalog show can be placed in whichever month the host prefers, as long as it's closed by the 15th of the following month.

Actually we've been told by our NED and by JEAN herself that if we have a cooking show at the end of the month we CAN use the closing date if the host wants/agrees to use the following month's specials. It should be determined ahead of time though so everyone knows what specials are associated with the show.

Optimist78 said:
Thanks for the reply Rae Bates! Much appreciated. :)

Sadly, the show is officially not a show... Have to make some phone calls tonight to straighten things out with the customers.:(

Oh well. It's good experience I guess.

Do you have any other orders or another show going in? If you do I would add those orders to the show and put the host in as a co-host. I would give her the show discount and then she gets 10% off for a year but I would give the other host any other benefit that those extra orders would add to the show since the first host didn't qualify alone.

They'd both be happy! In that case I'd have the show shipped to me.

BethCooks4U said:
Actually we've been told by our NED and by JEAN herself that if we have a cooking show at the end of the month we CAN use the closing date if the host wants/agrees to use the following month's specials. It should be determined ahead of time though so everyone knows what specials are associated with the show.

Yes, my ED encourages us to date our end of month shows for the next month if it's ok with the host (as far as the host special goes) so that we can go green and be active earlier in the month!

1. What are the benefits of placing an order from a show under $150?

Ordering from a show under $150 allows you to take advantage of our hostess rewards and earn free and discounted products. It also supports the host's party and helps them reach their goals.

2. Can I combine orders from multiple shows to reach the $150 minimum?

Unfortunately, orders from different shows cannot be combined to reach the $150 minimum. Each show is treated separately for hostess rewards and benefits.

3. How long do I have to place my order from a show under $150?

You typically have one week after the show to place your order and still receive hostess rewards. However, it's always best to place your order as soon as possible to ensure the products you want are still available.

4. Can I still earn rewards if I place an order under $150 after the show has ended?

Yes, you can still earn rewards for orders placed after the show has ended, but they may be different from the rewards offered during the show. You can always reach out to your consultant for more information.

5. Is there a minimum order amount for online orders from a show under $150?

No, there is no minimum order amount for online orders from a show under $150. You can place an order for as little or as much as you'd like and still receive hostess rewards.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Jennie4PC
  • dme.grant
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
jessinthekitchen