• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What to Do With Ham & Turkey Lunchmeat

In summary, the author is looking for a dinner recipe that calls for deli ham and turkey. They suggest recipes such as casseroles or something, a brocolli ham ring, or paninis.
babywings76
Gold Member
I have a lot of deli ham and turkey that needs to get used up. Anyone have a recipe that calls for it? I'm looking for a dinner recipe, maybe a casserole or something?

I like putting cream cheese with ranch seasoning in them and rolling them up. Then cut them in spirals.

I freeze lunch meat too.

you could get crescent rolls and spread like cranberry cream cheese on it, then the cheese and ham, roll up and bake. YUM!!

Grilled Cheese and Ham sandwiches (or turkey)Scalloped potato and ham casserolesorry... brain must not be working much today, that's all I can come up with.

Chop the meat up for chef salads. Make ham salad - look up recipe on internet for one. Make brunch squares or an omelete. Check out All the Best cookbook and use it for ring fillings.

Paninis!

Or use them instead of ground beef and do the itialian hoagies from the Power cooking recipes.

Do you have any bread or pizza dough? do a baked roll up. roll out dough, spread with a bit of EVOO & pressed garlic. Lay out meat, cover with your favorite cheese, maybee add some finely sliced onions an bell pepper or whatever you loke. Roll it up put on stone seam side down. Bake at 350 for 15-20 mins YUM!

Broccoli Ham Ring!I also make a ham/macaroni salad a lot...basically...shells, chopped ham, hardboiled eggs, onion, mayo or Miracle Whip and a little salt/pepper to taste.

Ham and cheese brunch squares! Yummy for dinner too, and cheaper if you use the shredded hash-browns and season them well yourself with salt and pepper (the patties are pre-seasoned but way more expensive).

etteluap70PC said:
Paninis!

Or use them instead of ground beef and do the itialian hoagies from the Power cooking recipes.

Do you have any bread or pizza dough? do a baked roll up. roll out dough, spread with a bit of EVOO & pressed garlic. Lay out meat, cover with your favorite cheese, maybee add some finely sliced onions an bell pepper or whatever you loke. Roll it up put on stone seam side down. Bake at 350 for 15-20 mins YUM!

Ooh, ahh! I have a Rhoades bread loaf, do you think that could work? Should I get it softened and then create this and let it rise and bake? I think I have the thin crust pizza dough also, maybe that would be easiest?

All your ideas are great! Also, would frozen broccoli work in a braid? If I thaw it a bit first?

babywings76 said:
Ooh, ahh! I have a Rhoades bread loaf, do you think that could work? Should I get it softened and then create this and let it rise and bake? I think I have the thin crust pizza dough also, maybe that would be easiest?

All your ideas are great! Also, would frozen broccoli work in a braid? If I thaw it a bit first?

Yes the frozen loaf will do but it needs to totaly defrost and rise a bit so you can roll it out. you do not need to let it rise again after doing the filling. Thin pizza dough is easiest. There is a recipe in all the best (philly cheese steak roll) that I got this idea from.

frozen brocoli would be ok as long as it is thawed and chopped fine.

Awesome, thanks! :)

mmm... I was going to suggest paninis, too. Ham and turkey on rye or sourdough, with some coarse mustard, cheese, and thinly sliced apples.

babywings76 said:
I have a lot of deli ham and turkey that needs to get used up. Anyone have a recipe that calls for it? I'm looking for a dinner recipe, maybe a casserole or something?

When life hands you meat... make a Panini! :)

Kitchen Diva said:
When life hands you meat... make a Panini! :)

and now I even have the grill pan to be able to make it! :D Wow, now I have to plan what to make what night. I have one night where I need to practice the Spinach Carbonara pizza, then a braid sounds great, and I love the baked roll up. Thanks ladies, my meals for the rest of the week are all planned! :)

Turkey cranberry wreath... YUMMMMMMMMM

PamperChefCarol said:
Turkey cranberry wreath... YUMMMMMMMMM

I was just scrolling down to see if anyone mentioned this! This one is soooooooooooo good!

I thought that called for actual real chunks of turkey meat. What I have is just thin sliced deli meat. But that recipe sounds real good, I'll have to try it sometime.

Get a refrigerated French bread loaf and bake it (or 2 and make the ring). Then make sub sandwiches with it.

The other thing I was going to mention was Panini's - LOVE THEM!!

I am making Turkey Cranberry Wreath for dinner tonight- Need to brush up on it, as it is my November recipe. 20% off stoneware, Hide the Turkey shows!!!

babywings76 said:
I thought that called for actual real chunks of turkey meat. What I have is just thin sliced deli meat. But that recipe sounds real good, I'll have to try it sometime.

I think it would be ideal with chunks of real turkey...but cutting up deli turkey would still be really good. Fillings for rings and braids are normally very "forgiving" so I am sure that substituting the deli meat would be fine!

I just had a bunch of leftover deli meat, too, from a teacher conference in which I had to make wraps. Really quick meal - take the turkey, add gravy, and serve over mashed potatoes with a veggie on the side.

I donated a lot of ham to my neighbors...

I searched through my stuff and I can't find my braid recipe. I looked on CC, but couldn't find it listed where it'll actually show me the recipe, it just refers me to a cookbook. I don't own the cookbook that has the recipe. I couldn't find it in the recipes on here. I'll keep searching, but in the meantime, if anyone has it could you post it here? TIA

Nevermind, I found it. It's funny how I can never find recipes doing a recipe search, but have luck finding recipes through searching the files section. ;)

1. How can I use ham and turkey lunchmeat in a sandwich?

Ham and turkey lunchmeat are great additions to any sandwich. You can use them as the main protein or as a tasty addition to other sandwich fillings. For a classic ham and turkey sandwich, layer the lunchmeat with your choice of cheese, vegetables, and condiments between two slices of your favorite bread. You can also try making a wrap or panini with the lunchmeat for a delicious and satisfying lunch.

2. Can ham and turkey lunchmeat be used in hot dishes?

Yes, ham and turkey lunchmeat can be used in a variety of hot dishes. You can dice or slice the lunchmeat and add it to pasta dishes, casseroles, and even soups or stews. It can also be used as a topping for pizzas or added to omelets for a protein-packed breakfast option.

3. How long can I keep ham and turkey lunchmeat in the fridge?

As with any deli meat, it is recommended to consume ham and turkey lunchmeat within three to five days of opening the package. It is important to store the lunchmeat properly in an airtight container or plastic bag to prevent it from spoiling. You can also freeze the lunchmeat for longer storage, but it is best to use it within two to three months for optimal freshness.

4. Are there any creative ways to use leftover ham and turkey lunchmeat?

Absolutely! Leftover ham and turkey lunchmeat can be used in a variety of ways. You can chop it up and add it to a salad, use it as a filling for quesadillas or savory crepes, or even mix it into a mac and cheese for a tasty twist on a classic dish. You can also make a delicious ham and turkey casserole by combining the lunchmeat with cooked rice, vegetables, and some creamy sauce.

5. Can I use ham and turkey lunchmeat in a charcuterie board?

Yes, ham and turkey lunchmeat can be a great addition to a charcuterie board. You can roll up slices of the lunchmeat and place them on the board along with other deli meats, cheeses, crackers, and fruits. You can also use the lunchmeat to make mini skewers with other ingredients like olives, cherry tomatoes, and cheese cubes for a fun and easy appetizer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sandilou
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sandilou
  • sailorsarah
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sailorsarah
  • chefmoseley