• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What to Do About All the New Products...

In summary, Karen is unhappy with the new products and the way the company is marketed. She is considering quitting because she can't justify spending the $$$ to replace everything.
KarensChefsClub
Gold Member
I am a part time consultant, 1 or 2 shows a month. That's all I want and have time to do. That's the way it is marketed, do what you want, right?

I just looked at the new products coming out / old ones being discontinued in March and a lot of them are basic kitchen items that I use at every show. I know they are only restyled but how can you do a show with an old version? (The S/S 07 Special Addition Consultant News is on Consultant's Corner)

Here's my question...I didn't earn the sell a thon, but I can't really justify buying some of the new items becuase the ones I have are fine...does this make sense? I've only been doing this since March 2006, but I may have to quit if this is what happens every 6 months. Does anyone else feel this way? I am really frustrated! I love doing shows and really love the products but this may be it...

I'm in the same boat...Karen,

I'm in the same boat...I don't know what I'm going to do, either. I really can't justify spending the $$$ that it would take to replace everything, but to do a show now I will need some of it.

I may see how my January and February go and then make a decision...

Ann

I woulk keep your current items, and buy a few new products if you can afford it. Use your current veggie peelers and explain that Pampered Chef is constantly keeping up with new trends making cooking easier, more fun and safer!

You don't need to keep up with the new products! Still use your products and tell the guest that they have restyled them, "just turn to page # etc...

PC always offers the new products at half off to us consultants. :)

half off!?<< PC always offers the new products at half off to us consultants. >>

When they become available we can buy them for half off?

We get the order form in our changeover kit at the end of the month...

They come in different groupings so you can purchase a few or all of them or anywhere inbetween! AND IT'S A TAX WRITEOFF! Wahoo!

cmdtrgd said:
They come in different groupings so you can purchase a few or all of them or anywhere inbetween! AND IT'S A TAX WRITEOFF! Wahoo!
They group them into several sets and you do have to buy the whole set, not just a few pieces.

I would keep using what you have but get one of the new pieces (something you use a lot or are always looking for). Tell your guests that the other pieces were also upgraded but there's nothing wrong with the old version. That will make those that already have them feel better about what is in their kitchen too.

Perhaps your director will loan you a few of the new pieces for your shows? My director is good about this but I don't live too close so the switch-off can be difficult at times.

You could also get what you can afford in the new and then use your "old" ones in your kitchen at home. Then you don't have to pack and unpack them.

I agree - it is hard to keep up w/all of the new products. They really want to encourage us to earn them or become a director (they get them free).

Sure you can work w/the old ones and explain they have updated them like suggested, but many of the guests at my shows have a lot of our old products. I feel that if I don't get the new products why should they get them.

On the up side, more new products and updating makes people want to buy, possibly again. Plus we have to keep up w/trends in the market. There is a lot of competition out there. I've noticed PC is really trying to appeal more to the younger buyer. This makes sense if they are pushing the bridal registry. The numbers show younger people spend more on kitchen tools then older people (personally I think old people just get set in their ways - not that they don't need our tools:)).

It is a choice we each have to make in the business whether or not we are getting what we want out of it. But I do agree it's getting harder to work it as a part-timer.

I always have a sample clearance sale at the end of every season. I tell everyone that the items I am selling are extras, samples, and/or demo items and then I sell them at 40-50% off and use that money to buy my new samples that I want. This has always worked for me.

BethCooks4U said:
They group them into several sets and you do have to buy the whole set, not just a few pieces.
QUOTE]

When we did Fall Changeover there were several sets and some were in open stock where you did not have to buy them all. I remember b/c most of what I bought I did not get in the packages other than one of the small packages.

A lot of them were in the packages but there was also several that could be bought individually.

BethCooks4U said:

I would keep using what you have but get one of the new pieces (something you use a lot or are always looking for). Tell your guests that the other pieces were also upgraded but there's nothing wrong with the old version. That will make those that already have them feel better about what is in their kitchen too.

I like the way you said that about those who have the old ones at home. I may keep an old tool in there anyway just to mention that! Make it sound sincere that I'm not going to expect everyone to buy all the restyled products! Thanks, Beth!

new vs old...I started back last Feb I believe, but bought a house soon after so didn't really do much with PC until May or so?? Well I did catty shows but pretty much only min. met.

Anyways, My Director often reminded us that PC doesn't like us to really carry an inventory and just use our Starter Kit items to do demo's. I've done this for most of the shows. The first 1/2 off I bought the most expensive pkg, but since then haven't had the extra money to buy even the smaller kits, soon I do hope though.

Good Luck to all.

Liz

I make it a point to really book the month the product are available (usually the end of Jan and July) so I at least earn the commission to put towards my products. I don't feel I need everything for my business, but more for personal use :)

that's a brilliant idea to sell off your own discontinued products as demo'd items. Then you can replace them with almost no out of pocket andgive someone else the chance to have a perfectly good pc tool to love :)
On a side note, I have just barely been in business for a year and I think they are verty reasonable about letting us earn the new products. This past novembers sell-a-thon was only 1250 in sales to earn $100 worth of products and then the 2 shows for the trifle bowl. Very do-able at 1 show a week and if you do more like 2 a month than maybe during sell-a-thon do a catalog show or maybe an extra show to get you to earn level 1.
Good luck with whatever you decide.

I agree that it is a bit more difficult for us who only do this part-time but as others have said, I continue to use what came in my kit but mention that something may have been redesigned. It is what it is. If I can afford to buy something new, I do it. Otherwise I talk about the new product or products I don't have and let the guest decide for themselves if they want it.

Additionally, I have yet to order products from the supply order. Granted to do get the discount, but if there is something I really want, I add it to a host's show so not only do I get the product, but I also make commmission on it. I usually use my partners name andhave it shipped to me using the c/o. I haven't had any problems yet.

jasonmva said:
I agree that it is a bit more difficult for us who only do this part-time but as others have said, I continue to use what came in my kit but mention that something may have been redesigned. It is what it is. If I can afford to buy something new, I do it. Otherwise I talk about the new product or products I don't have and let the guest decide for themselves if they want it.

Additionally, I have yet to order products from the supply order. Granted to do get the discount, but if there is something I really want, I add it to a host's show so not only do I get the product, but I also make commmission on it. I usually use my partners name andhave it shipped to me using the c/o. I haven't had any problems yet.

PLUS doing i tyour way you get POINTS toward the trips!! Smart smart smart!!

We are only bringing a sampling of the products so guests can see the quality. Our words, the guest's desire and the catalolg sell the other things. You don't need the new products to sell them. If you are very part time or have tight funds then just get what you want for your kitchen and show those. Have a show and earn them free as the host.

One other thought. One of the great thing about our business is we can each do it our own way. If someone wants to do just 1 show a month she/he can. But like every other sales job, the rewards go to those who do more and they should. PC makes it VERY easy even for the hobbyist to get some of the promotions but other carrots are harder and they should be.

I had a great November and was able to earn level II this season but only got level I of the Fall products. There were several things I wanted to purchase both for me personally and because I wanted to have them to show. I think when there are completely new products vs. the redesigns it is nice to have them available. One of my team members and I went in together to get one of the packages and then split up the items. That worked well to get some of them in my kitchen and start trying them out. The other thing I've done is put together a catalog sale and used the free product and half-price items myself. Sometimes it is cheaper to do it this way than to purchase the whole package at 1/2 price if you don't want all of the items.

If you have one of the new items with the new handle (like the serrated peeler), then you can show that and say that the other tools have the same handle. That way you only need one new tool and can continue to use the old ones. Unfortunately, you can't really do this with things like the towels, because people like to see the color in person because it doesn't always reproduce well in the catalog.

Does anyone have a ballpark figure of around how much the package deals usually run? I need to arrange my budget because I do want to get at least some things (didn't earn any for free).

jentapp said:
Does anyone have a ballpark figure of around how much the package deals usually run? I need to arrange my budget because I do want to get at least some things (didn't earn any for free).
There are usually a variety of price ranges - sometimes as low as $25. Most things are grouped together and then priced at 1/2 price retail (I would bet that the new cookware piece will be by itself and probably the triffle bowl...). The groups are always put together in such a way that if you earned a level you could just buy the other groups and not have to buy a duplicate if you didn't want it. The samples should show up about the 25th on CC. That's when the directors get our change-over kits.

I usually do not buy the more expensive things even at half price. I will wait to see if it goes on 60% off or use it as a 50% off thing on a show later in the season.

I remember there was a Colors group this past fall that was only $11 - that way you could get the colors and some of the products in the colors for not too much money!

jentapp said:
I usually budget around $200 for my new products and paperwork. I like to get most of the new products though, and I really stock up on my paperwork order...

For products, estimate 50% of the total retail value. We usually save a little more than that, but then you'll need to add shipping, etc. Paperwork shouldn't be changing at all, price-wise, so get what you'll need for a month or two if money is tight.

I cant' wait to get it ..... I so enjoyed getting the fall products..... I can't wait to touch all the new products.. my husband keeps saying that I am going to make him a very broke man.. LOL

Don't forget that April is our 40% off month for kit enhancement! That is another way of not trying to over spend right now on spring products.

1. What are the new products currently available at Pampered Chef?

At Pampered Chef, we are constantly updating our product line to provide our customers with the latest and greatest kitchen tools and gadgets. Some of our newest products include the Quick Cooker, the Deluxe Air Fryer, and the Rockcrok Dutch Oven.

2. How can I stay updated on new product releases at Pampered Chef?

The best way to stay informed about new product releases at Pampered Chef is by signing up for our email newsletter. You can also follow us on social media or check our website regularly for updates.

3. Can I try out the new products before purchasing?

Yes, at Pampered Chef, we offer in-home cooking parties where you and your friends can try out our products and learn how to use them in delicious recipes. You can also attend one of our virtual or in-person cooking shows to see the new products in action.

4. Are the new products covered by Pampered Chef's warranty?

Yes, all of our products, including the new ones, are covered by our satisfaction guarantee and warranty. If you encounter any issues with your new product, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

5. How can I purchase the new products at Pampered Chef?

You can purchase our new products through a Pampered Chef consultant, either at a cooking party or through their personal website. You can also order directly from our website or by calling our customer service team.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• saravaughn1
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • akrebecca
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
  • brewejen