• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discovering Stoneware: Tips for Utilizing a Family Heirloom

In summary, the consultant just became a consultant and their mom had this piece of stoneware that she's never used. It's obviously not for sale anymore, so should the consultant even bother trying to use it at a show? Regardless, the consultant wants to use it but is not sure what to make in it. Their mom said she's had it about 11 years and it looks like the deep dish baker. The consultant loves their deep dish baker, and uses it for so many different things. For example, they make touchdown taco dip and mom's apple crisp in the microwave.
gussey30
I just became a consultant.
my mom had this piece of stoneware and gave it to me. She has never used it. It's obviously not for sale anymore, so should I even bother trying to use it at a show?
Regardless, I'd like to use it, but i'm not sure what to make in it. It kinda looks like a large pie pan.
she said she's had it abouy 11 years

Attachments

• IMG_0079.jpg
    IMG_0079.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 477
  • IMG_0080.jpg
    IMG_0080.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 389
Looks like the deep dish baker , You can't really use it at shows cause we don't sell it but I have many in other colers too , love it though great size

I love my deep dish baker, and use it for so many different things. From Casseroles, to Deep Dish Pizza and lots more.

It's great for pizza dip (double batch) etc. There's also a stoneware baking bowl that you can use as a lid - makes a great chicken in the oven too. :)

This stoneware piece is one of my favorites. I was :eek: SHOCKED :eek: when it was discontinued. I have 3 of them (1 unglazed, and 2 glazed w/ handles) and use them ALL the time.

I agree Becky, I still take to shows, 'cause I use it so much and then I'll say, I'm sorry this is one of the stones that PC discontinued and if you want to try and find one, so you have one like I do, check my outlet store. Helps me remember to talk about the outlet. I ALWAYS use is at Sips 'N Dips shows, because of what it holds and ease of it.

deep dish baker... thanks ladies!
@tiggerhale... pizza dip?! that sounds yummy... will you share the recipe? So since this piece is discontinued.. any ideas on using to sell other pieces?

I use it to make touchdown taco dip & mom's apple crisp in the microwave.

Pizza Dip - (from Husband's College Friend's Mom - how's that? :chef: )

I do a double batch for the deep dish baker. Recipe is for SINGLE batch:

1 (8oz) cream cheese, Soft
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tsp. oregano, crushed
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
1/8 tsp. red pepper, crushed
1/2 cup pizza sauce
1/2 cup pepperoni diced
1/4 cup green pepper, chopped (I usually leave this out)
1/4 cup onion, diced
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
Ritz crackers

In bowl, beat cream cheese, sour cream oregano, garlic powder and red pepper. Spread mixture in a greased 9 x 10 inch pie pan or quiche dish (or deep dish baker!). Spread pizza sauce over top. Spread pepperoni, onion and green pepper over sauce. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Top with Mozzarella cheese and bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and mixture is heated through. Serve warm or cold w/crackers.

NOTE: You can double ingredients for a larger dish as stated earlier. You can substitute other ingredients, omit and add to this recipe as long as you have the base of the first 5 ingredients. For example, use spaghetti sauce in place of pizza sauce, a four cheese blend instead of mozzarella cheese, and turkey pepperoni instead of regular pepperoni. VARIATION: Add whole pepperonis on top after adding cheese - looks very pretty :blushing:

Yes, Deep Dish Baker. I have a glazed one in dark green. I used it at my last show, and explained to everyone the cranberry square baker was similar, but I didn't have the square one. Everyone was fine with it.
I would normally show the Deep Covered Baker usually, but this was a show in an RV and everyone had small ovens and the DCB wouldn't fit.

edit - I did the chicken fajitas and they turned out fine, even without a cover.

I have so many request for that piece of stoneware! I wish they would bring it back!

I, too would use it as a reminder to talk about the outlet. Also remind them that if they have a recipe that calls for it, the DCB and the Stoneware Pie Plate both make very nice subsitutes.

It holds about the same amount as the square baker so you can do any recipe in there and cross sell.

I have 2 glazed of those - I love them. Like other said, I show them and just refer them to the rectangular or square baker!

It's one of my favs also. I use for the chicken wing dip but family/friend favorite is the Roasted Red Pepper and Artichoke Dip (double batch). DELISH!!!

thanks ladies!

What Stoneware Is This?

1. What is stoneware made of?

Stoneware is made from clay that has been fired at a high temperature, resulting in a durable and non-porous material.

2. Can I use this stoneware in the microwave?

Yes, stoneware is microwave-safe. However, always check the product label for specific instructions.

3. How do I clean and care for my stoneware?

Stoneware is dishwasher safe, but we recommend hand washing with warm, soapy water. Avoid using metal utensils on stoneware to prevent scratching. Allow the stoneware to cool completely before cleaning.

4. Is this stoneware safe to use in the oven?

Yes, stoneware is oven-safe and can withstand high temperatures. Just be sure to follow the recommended temperature guidelines for the specific product.

5. Can I use this stoneware on the stovetop?

No, stoneware is not suitable for stovetop use as it can crack or break under direct heat. It is best to use stoneware in the oven or microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sfdavis918
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
ChefShannoninVA
  • Lindsay
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • PoseyMom