• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Substitute a DCB or Deep Dish Baker for a Small Oval Baker?

In summary, stoneware is a durable ceramic material that is ideal for baking, roasting, and serving food due to its ability to distribute and retain heat evenly. It is microwave and dishwasher safe, but should not be used on the stovetop. To clean stoneware, hand wash with mild soap and warm water and avoid harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners.
fun2cook2
Hi, Everyone!
Friday night I will be making the Spinach and Artichoke Dip from the All the Best cookbook and it says to use the small oval baker. I don't have the small oval baker, so could I use the DCB or deep dish baker instead? I do have the medium bar pan. I just wasn't sure...

Thanks for your help!

Do you have the small round baker? The new white one that came in spring?I don't think the bar pan would be deep enough (in case it splatters).You could use the deep dish baker, but would probably need to double it to fill it?

I don't have the small baker. :cry:
I am not sure what to do...

I'm with Holly....just double the portions and use the deep dish...it'll be fine and plenty for everyone....

Okay, thank you! I will take a deep breath now and relax.
You guys are the best! :)

There's a saying many use...."I'm the Pampered Chef, not The Perfect Chef".....it covers a multitude of oopsies! :D

The beauty of our products and recipes....everything can be corrected

What Stoneware Could I Use?

1. What is stoneware and why should I use it?

Stoneware is a type of ceramic material that is known for its durability and ability to withstand high temperatures. It is ideal for baking, roasting, and serving food because it distributes heat evenly and retains heat well. This results in delicious and evenly cooked dishes.

2. Can I use stoneware in the microwave?

Yes, stoneware is microwave safe. However, it is important to check the manufacturer's instructions to ensure that the specific stoneware piece you have is safe for use in the microwave.

3. Is stoneware dishwasher safe?

Yes, stoneware is dishwasher safe. However, it is recommended to hand wash stoneware with mild soap and warm water to maintain its quality and prolong its lifespan.

4. Can I use stoneware on the stovetop?

No, stoneware is not suitable for use on the stovetop. It is designed to be used in the oven, microwave, and refrigerator.

5. How do I clean stoneware?

To clean stoneware, allow it to cool completely before washing it with mild soap and warm water. Avoid using harsh chemicals, abrasive cleaners, and metal scouring pads as they may damage the stoneware surface. It is also important to dry stoneware thoroughly before storing it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bridgetbakes
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
kam