• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Choosing the Best Stone for Baking Quiche: Expert Advice from a Stoneware Store

Aldea, if you have any questions about the quiche recipe or how to make it, feel free to post a question in the Q&A area and I will be happy to help! Thanks again for considering my question.
chefjeanine
Gold Member
Just got a question from a customer who wants to buy a piece of stoneware for making quiche. Not my forte. Anyone have advice on which stone would be best.

Here’s her message to me:

Hello Jeanine,

I was invited to Gina's show and will not be able to attend, although I do have a question. I would like to purchase a dish in which to bake a quiche. I really like the cranberry stoneware collection, although it is not necessary for the dish to be from that collection. Not being able to see the collection in person, I am limited to the catalog descriptions and pictures. My concern is getting the best-suited dish. Would you please have any suggestions? Thank you so much in advance for your time and advise.

Sincerely,
Teres

Thanks to anyone and everyone who can help!

i made a broccoli and ham quiche in the deep dish baker a few months ago. worked perfect and looked very pretty. it wasnt the cranberry or anything.

I would suggest the deep dish baker as well. The cranberry one is so beautiful. Usually it is made in a ceramic fluted dish like the metal tart one we have with the removeable bottom. The draw back would be she would need to make pre-baked savory (no sugar added) pie or pastry crust, then add her quich filling.

It can be done both ways.

I hope this helps :)

why not offer theFluted Pan/Tart baking set? It has the easy release bottom the tools and all and then suggest recipes cards to go with it?

the one i made was in the new stoneware cookbook and i am almost positive i didnt have to use a crust. (maybe on the top??) i will look it up and see. that was my first time making it and i wanted something that was fool proof since it was for the church. let me check it out and i will let you know if youre interested.

I use...the Tart/Quiche Pan with Fluting Tool for my quiche! Hence the name! :D I do like this much better for quiche than stoneware. It is so much easier to serve and it still looks elegant!

Just my 2 cents

Fluted Pan/Tart baking set? It has the easy release bottom the tools and all and then suggest recipes cards to go with it?

Aldea,

Yes, that is the one. The reason I make a crust with it is so that it stands alone. I honestly haven't tried a PC recipe for quiche so I don't know what the batter looks like. My recipe batter is liquid and poured in so, if there weren't a crust it would leak in the fluted pan with release bottom.

A quiche would be pretty in the Deep Dish Pie Plate.

The deep dish pie plate is the one for quiche. Quiche is traditionally made in a pie plate so you will not have to adapt the crust like you would in the deep dish baker.

I have always made mine in the pie plate, and it is wonderful! :D

I would agree that the pie pan would be the best fit for a quiche. I make a crustless quiche all the time for my Mom who does not like the crust. I slice and saute seasonal vegetables to add to the egg/cheese mixture so it is more healthy for her.

She loves the crustless quiche.

What Stone for Quiche?

1. What type of stone is best for baking quiche?

The Pampered Chef Rectangular Baking Stone is the perfect choice for baking quiche. It is made from a natural stoneware material that evenly distributes heat for a crispy crust and perfectly cooked filling.

2. Can I use a metal baking pan instead of a stone for quiche?

While it is possible to use a metal baking pan for quiche, it may result in a less crispy crust and unevenly cooked filling. The natural stoneware of the Pampered Chef Rectangular Baking Stone is designed specifically for baking quiche and will give you the best results.

3. How do I prepare the stone for baking quiche?

Before using the stone for the first time, it is important to season it by baking a thin layer of oil into the stone. After that, simply preheat the stone in the oven for 15 minutes before placing the quiche on it to bake.

4. Can I cut and serve the quiche directly on the stone?

Yes, you can cut and serve the quiche directly on the Pampered Chef Rectangular Baking Stone. Just be sure to use a non-metal utensil to avoid scratching the surface of the stone.

5. How do I clean the stone after baking quiche?

To clean the stone, simply wait for it to cool down and then scrape off any excess food with a plastic scraper or brush. You can also use warm water and a small amount of dish soap if needed. Do not use any harsh chemicals or metal utensils on the stone.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tloudermilk
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
raebates
  • chef greta
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Michelle817
  • kitchenqueen