1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: What should Mary be for Halloween?

1. AJPratt

AJPratt Legend Member Silver Member

I am having a tough time deciding! She is 13 months, will be 14 on 9/30. She is walking. Last year she was a pumpkin! Any suggestions?

Sep 17, 2009
  2. kdangel518

kdangel518 Advanced Member Gold Member

Any options so far? I love Halloween :)

Sep 17, 2009
  3. Jennie4PC

Jennie4PC Legacy Member

Mine have always been princesses. My oldest DD is 5 and that is what she always picks.

Sep 17, 2009
  4. CAPCnewbie

CAPCnewbie Member

When my little one was that age, she was dressed up as Little Red Riding Hood and carried a basket. So cute!! this year she wants to be a witch and have me paint her face green. Same thing my other daughter was at that age. i love Halloween!

Sep 17, 2009
  5. AJPratt

I saw the most adorable Dorothy from the Wizrd of OZ costume, but Dave wasn't thrilled. I could even have her in the sparkly shoes. Oh, well... Thanks so far for the ideas.

Sep 17, 2009
  6. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Hmmm, when Micah was younger, one year he was a Bumblebee, and another year he was a Monkey...but he's a boy. Now, he just wants to be a Power Ranger. *sigh* I'm afraid the times of cute costumes are gone.

Whatever you decide, you MUST post pics on FB. She is so squeezably adorable - she'll be the star of the evening no matter what costume you choose!

Sep 17, 2009
  7. cookin to the top

cookin to the top Member Gold Member

My daughter was a gorilla (at 18 months)- CUTE!

8. janezapchef

janezapchef Veteran Member Gold Member

My daughter was a ballerina at that age. VERY cute! My son was Mickey Mouse. What about Minnie? I love the Minnie costumes!

Sep 17, 2009
  9. AJPratt

Aww... those ideas sound adorable!

Sep 18, 2009
  10. Shell Northway

Shell Northway Member

Mine would put on a costume for the 1st couple of years. So we went from Elmo to a football player. Football Jersey and dark lines under her eyes. Second year we used her dressup clothes and she went as... now think way back...Punky Brewster. Tuto, pigtails, stripped tights, bright colored shirt, painted on freckles. She was adorable.

11. kdangel518

Whatever she is she'll be adorable :)

I say go for simple and cute- a kitty cat, mouse, bumblebees are always adorable!

Sep 18, 2009
  12. WLMcCoy

WLMcCoy Advanced Member

My daughter was 13 mos. last Halloween & was a giraffe. My DH bought her giraffe stuffed animals & toys before she was born, so when we saw the costume, it was a must! I did tie little pink ribbons on the ears so it would be a little girly!!

This year she will be a cowgirl. She already has all the pieces, so it will be a cheap & easy throw together. & cute!!

We were thinking Dorothy this year, but we're planning on having a baby bY Halloween next year (God willing), so we'd like the new baby to be a lion, scarecrow, ToTo, etc. & they could be a couple ;)

Sep 18, 2009
  13. PamperedDor

PamperedDor Senior Member Gold Member

I vote an ANGEL since she is so cute and a real life angel anyway... :)

Sep 18, 2009
  14. kdangel518

SO cute!! :)

Sep 18, 2009
  15. What about a hersey kiss? That way she look great sitting or walking.

16. starrmarie

starrmarie Member

My DD was a rooster last year with a huge feathery tail, so cute. She was 15 months. She loves getting eggs with her grandma, so she loved being a "chicka". :) It's kinda funny, but this year she wants to be "Bitterman" (AKA Spiderman)!?! ha

Sep 18, 2009
  17. 1234blessed

1234blessed Novice Member

My DD has been a lady bug (11 mo.) & a Tigger (23 mo.), both were so cute!

Sep 18, 2009
  18. kcmckay

kcmckay Advanced Member Gold Member

OMG I loved Punky Brewster. I don't have kids but I am just one big one!:D
    I LOVE Halloween too. Maybe I'll be Punky this year talk about blast from past! LOL. Maybe if we are in a house in time we'll have an 80's themed Halloweend party! That would be cool. DH could be GI Joe or Freddy Krueger or something! I was gonna possibly be Smurfette again like last year since I only dressed up for our work party. None of my friends had parties last year! Well I'll see who's leaning towards a party and get them to do 80s theme!:p

Sep 18, 2009
  19. AJPratt

Awww... we call her Angel! Happy Angel, Sad Angel, Tired Angel, Silly Angel... She is our little girl, brought to us by the Angels!

Sep 18, 2009
  20. kaiser

kaiser Member Gold Member

21. cathyskitchen

cathyskitchen Senior Member Gold Member

I think you have your costume!

I'm a tiny bit jealous - my 10-year-old son just told me he wants to be "Big Daddy" from Bioshock - the "cute" costumes are WAY gone in this household!! :(

FYI - this is what Big Daddy looks like, for those of you who don't have boys: BIOSHOCK BIG DADDY 7" COLLECTIBLE ACTION FIGURE NECA - eBay (item 200384404381 end time Sep-20-09 12:37:17 PDT)

22. cindylpal

cindylpal Member Gold Member

Raggedy Ann...so cute!!!

Sep 19, 2009
  23. kaiser

kaiser Member Gold Member

24. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

There are instructions for a great cupcake costume in this month's Food Network magazine. It's sized for bigger kids, but would be really easy to shrink down.

Sep 22, 2009
  25. AJPratt

That sounds adorable, and so does the little skunk!

Sep 22, 2009
Have something to add?