• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dilemma: Should I Give Away Sales for Incentive Trip Qualification?

-has the potential to qualify for the trip if she submits orders by the end of the month-would be rewarded with $100 in PC dollars if she does qualifyHowever, you also have the potential to lose commission on the sales if she doesn't submit them in a timely manner. You could also encourage her to get in touch with you to see if she can get the orders in by the end of the month.
Careyann
Gold Member
I have a dilemma....I have $62000 sales points for the incentive trip...2 qualified recruits...another recruit who has decided she is too busy and went inactive last month but is only $280 away from qualifiying if she submits this month before she loses her career sales...a new recruit that should be signing up today and another who is on the verge of her 6 months of inactivity, but says she will be submitting $500 in orders on Monday.

This is my issue, the girl who is signing up today, is super excited and I shared my goal of this trip with her and she said she wants to qualify in her first 30 days to get the extras, so it's possible that she would be my 3rd qualified recruit for Toronto. The other lady who has been inactive forever now but says she will submit, not sure if I can count on her to submit enough, she has said she would submit for a few months now and never seems to get it in...so it's a I will believe it when I see it kind of deal. So that leaves me my one girl who is going to school and went inactive last month but is only $280 away from qualifying.

Here is what I am wondering, I am doing a black friday sale today, it's my last sales that will definitely go in this month, it is at $306 right now. IF I gave her these sales and had her submit them she will qualify, get her $100 in PC dollars (Her 90 days is not up until Dec 6th) and count for me towards the incentive trip. Of course that is assuming, I will be able to get a hold of her and get her to put in the orders (I haven't talked to her in awhile and she doesn't respond to email's very quickly)

That will give me 3 qualified recruits and then I just have to hope one of the other 2 qualify by 12/31 or I gave away sales for nothing. It is so frustrating to have the sales (maybe even enough for Maui!) but have to rely on others to get you the trip, even when you have worked your rear off this year!!!

Any opinions on what I should do?:confused:

If you give her the sales, and she doesn't follow through & submit them in a timely manner, you'll end up with customer complaints. You'd also be giving her $76.50 in commission. Basically you'd be rewarding her for inactivity. :rolleyes: I think you should encourage her to get on the phone, call her friends & family & see if she can pull the sales together by the end of the month. That way, she's working towards success & potentially has booking leads from her calls vs zero leads. ;)

She isn't going to. She had a family member who had booked with me originally ask if I would let her do the party, it was supposed to be on the Nov. 14th, I said YES!!! Of course I would have her do it. Well she went inactive in October, she asked me if she could do a party since she was inactive. I told her yes that she had 6 months of inactivity before she could no longer do any parties. This was at the end of October when she emailed me. She said she would do the party, I emailed her and the gal she was supposed to do the party for, the one who was supposed to have the party emailed me back and said they didn't have it because she had family in town but also because my recruit told her she didn't think she could do the party. When she knew well and good that she could have done it.

So I know she will not submit anything unless I were to give it to her, she basically told me she was quitting because she was too busy now that she went back to school, which is fine but I was busy with my own parties and gave her that one because they were related and she wanted to do it with her.

I do think I could get her to submit it immediately because it will be all credit cards, I know I am losing good commission on it...is the free trip worth it?

If she was the final straw that was going to make or break your trip, I'd say go for it. But you still have other factors sitting out there. I wouldn't reward her for dropping the ball.

What you can do is relay to her that she signed a contract with corporate that she would do $1,250 in sales before calling it quits and that in good faith she should honor that contract. It might be enough to entice her to collect enough catalog orders. If you have a web page, offer to put the show on your page so that she can collect online orders to help. ;)

Being stateside, her customers can still get their orders in time for Christmas.

I mentioned the $1250 obligation to her when I asked her to do that gal's show, knowing that if she did it, she would most likely qualify and get some PC$'s to boot.

I don't know...I'm torn as to what to do! :(

I know I'm all new to this stuff and all, but I figured I'd throw my 2¢ in there...

If she is the only thing holding you back and you know she isn't going to take the initiative, I'd say just do it and get your trip. You have worked really hard and deserve to go on vacation. After that, maybe it's time to let go if she doesn't seem to care.

As someone within my first 30 days under you, it isn't hard to accomplish the $1250 in sales! You're a helpful leader - always available to answer questions and guiding people through the process. I was lucky to get someone like you as a recruiter after some of the horror stories I've heard on here.

If she isn't making it, she doesn't want to at this point. It isn't like she doesn't have the tools!

I hope you get it figured out soon. Thank you for all you do, Carey! :thumbup:

Do you know that if you get her password from her you can put her in as a 2nd user on your P3 and submit the orders for her? That way you don't have to worry about "giving" her the orders to submit herself.

I would probably explain your situation to her with regards to almost having enough for the free trip, and ask if she would be ok with you submitting the orders. Tell her that she'll get the benefits of it- the PC Dollars, and commission, and that she can use them to buy additional product at any time (before she leaves the business officially).Congrats by the way, Carey! :)

No advice...just popping in to say Hi and good luck?Am wondering why you would have to "give away" the commission....she didn't do anything to earn it, and she will get the PC Dollars. Why not call her, get her password so YOU can submit under her name, and ask her to agree to write you a check for the commission when it's deposited on the 8th? (okay...maybe I did have a comment!!

No advice...just popping in to say Hi and good luck?

Am wondering why you would have to "give away" the commission....she didn't do anything to earn it, and she will get the PC Dollars. Why not call her, get her password so YOU can submit under her name, and ask her to agree to write you a check for the commission when it's deposited on the 8th?

(okay...maybe I did have a comment!!

straitfan said:
she didn't do anything to earn it, and she will get the PC Dollars.

Agreed. :thumbup:

True, never thought about that. More to think about!!!

The one that you are thinking about giving sales to will only earn the New Consultant rewards if she is still in her first 90 days. And from what I understand, she has to use them while she's in an active status. If she goes inactive, I'e been told that they freeze until she's active again or if she goes the full 6 months inactive then she looses them.

Would you be able to enjoy the trip knowing that you didn't earn it honestly?

I'd be careful because I've heard of home office doing calls to customers in the past to "check" that things were earned legally. Just putting it out there - I knew a director in the past who lost an award and her directorship because she gave one of her recruits the orders to make her qualify for something and HO found out.

I earned Disney last year and I would have done anything to get there! I would explain to her what is going on and see if she will help you. I wouldn't feel like I didn't earn it honestly.... You have worked your a** off to get 62000 points and you deserve to go. I would do what you have to do and if others don't support you, that is there business ~ I just wouldn't post on here if and what you do!! I would hate to have someone turn you in and loose it!

pcsharon1 said:
I'd be careful because I've heard of home office doing calls to customers in the past to "check" that things were earned legally. Just putting it out there - I knew a director in the past who lost an award and her directorship because she gave one of her recruits the orders to make her qualify for something and HO found out.

That alone would make me second-guess the idea then. Especially since we know they have "spies among us". :D

1. What is an incentive trip and why is it important for Pampered Chef consultants?

An incentive trip is a reward for top performing consultants at Pampered Chef. It is typically a vacation to a desirable destination that is fully paid for by the company. This trip serves as a motivation for consultants to work hard and achieve their sales goals.

2. How can I qualify for the incentive trip?

To qualify for the incentive trip, consultants must reach a certain sales goal during the qualification period. The specific sales goal and qualification period may vary each year, so it's important to stay updated on the current requirements.

3. Can I give away sales to other consultants to help them qualify for the incentive trip?

Yes, you can give away sales to other consultants to help them qualify for the incentive trip. This is a great way to support and collaborate with your team members. However, keep in mind that only the original seller will receive credit towards their own qualification.

4. Are there any restrictions on which sales can be given away?

Yes, there are some restrictions on which sales can be given away for incentive trip qualification. Sales from personal orders, shows, and fundraisers can all be given away. However, sales from outlet items, host rewards, and consultant sales cannot be given away.

5. Is it worth giving away sales for the incentive trip?

This is a personal decision that each consultant must make. Some may see the incentive trip as a valuable and exciting reward, while others may prefer to focus on their own sales and goals. Consider your own priorities and the potential impact on your business before making a decision.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NewbyPChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
ChefLoriG
Replies
Views
chef131doreen