• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Gaining Business in a Small Town: My First Show & A Missed Lead

In summary, the speaker had their first show in a nearby town, which led to an increase in business for them. However, a recent lead for a potential recruit came through their director, even though it was the speaker's influence that initially brought the person to the company. The speaker is considering talking to their director about the situation and potentially asking for the recruit to be signed under them. They also discuss the idea of offering referral bonuses to guests who bring in new consultants. Ultimately, the speaker is annoyed but realizes their director has the final say.
Muppetgal
Silver Member
There is a town not far from where I live, and my pal had one of my first shows there for me. From that I've generated quite a bit of business for myself, as no one had ever heard of PC there.

Two weeks ago I had a relatively good show. One of my customers then went on to mention to her friend about the opportunity, but didn't have my name and number handy to give to her.

The lead then went on the net and put in her details, so was referred to my director.

In theory, the lead should have been mine, as I'm the one that's been doing the shows there, talking about the opportunity etc etc. and it's only because I've been down there in the first place that this lead was told about PC.

Should I tell my director? This new recruit is apparently signing on Wednesday. Oh, and for what it's worth, she was AT the show I did last night!!

Do you have a good relationship with your Director? I know I could probably bring something like this up to mine, but we have become great friends. As we have all heard so many times, "no is a always a no until you ask." Do you think your relationship would change by bringing this to her attention? If not, go for it!

When you met the recruit last night at your show, what did she say? I'd definitely call your director and just explain the situation. Since you never talked to the lady directly (it would have been nice if your friend offered to pass the information along to you!) it technically is your director's recruit lead. But if I were the director and given the circumstances, I'd let you sign the recruit. Your director will still benefit from having the recruit in her downline while helping you. You might start offering a "referral bonus" to any guest that refers a new consultant to you. You only give the bonus AFTER the consultant has qualified. That might help people remember your name and number :) Good Luck!

I have an okay relationship with my director, as good as it can be for only knowing each other for four months I guess.

Anyway, I told her how I was feeling, and she did feel a bit guilty. She realises that the lead obviously came from me originally, but didn't think about it at the time when HO contacted her.

Unfortunately this lady has had two meetings with her already, so she doesn't know how she would sign her under ME now as the conversations haven't worked out that way.

Bottom line, next time my director gets a HO lead she'll have me included in the recruiting interviews and put them under my name. Sort of like a "repayment"....but who knows how long that will be though...so I'm still a bit annoyed because I actually HAVE met the recruit in question, chatted with her at my party last week and think she'd probably have no issue going under me, but whatever, I guess my director gets the last say.

Oh well....

GeorgiaPeach said:
When you met the recruit last night at your show, what did she say? I'd definitely call your director and just explain the situation. Since you never talked to the lady directly (it would have been nice if your friend offered to pass the information along to you!) it technically is your director's recruit lead. But if I were the director and given the circumstances, I'd let you sign the recruit. Your director will still benefit from having the recruit in her downline while helping you. You might start offering a "referral bonus" to any guest that refers a new consultant to you. You only give the bonus AFTER the consultant has qualified. That might help people remember your name and number :) Good Luck!

that's a fantastic idea about the referral bonus...thing is the lady DID remember me, it was just that she didn't have my number on her and thought about the lead AFTER she left the party.

Such is life.

1. How do I gain business in a small town?

One of the best ways to gain business in a small town is to network and build relationships with other local businesses. You can also utilize social media and community events to promote your business and reach potential customers.

2. What can I do to make my first show a success?

To make your first show a success, be sure to promote it through social media, word of mouth, and local advertising. Offer special deals or promotions to attract customers and make sure to have a well-stocked and visually appealing display.

3. How can I turn a missed lead into a potential customer?

If you missed out on a potential customer at a show, don't be afraid to follow up with them. Send a personalized email or message thanking them for their interest and offering to answer any questions they may have. You can also offer them a special deal or discount to entice them to make a purchase.

4. What are some effective marketing techniques for a small town?

In a small town, word of mouth is key. Encourage satisfied customers to tell their friends and family about your business. You can also utilize local advertising such as flyers, newspaper ads, and community bulletin boards. Social media is also a great way to reach a larger audience in a small town.

5. How can I stand out in a small town market?

To stand out in a small town market, focus on providing excellent customer service and unique products. Engage with your customers and listen to their needs and feedback. You can also offer special events or workshops to attract new customers and keep your current ones coming back.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • nene960
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
nene960
  • reba515
  • General Chat
Replies