• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Which recipe should I demonstrate during the show?

In summary, the speaker has a show this evening with 20 expected guests. She is planning to demonstrate two recipes, Easy Chocolate Trifle and Cool Veggie Pizza, but is unsure which to do during the show. She also plans to play games and has mentioned a $1K club promotion. The expert suggests assembling the trifle before the show as a "wow" factor and using multiple tools to demonstrate the same task. They also recommend using "dead air" time to highlight new products and talk about their features and comparisons.
hoosierchef
Ok, So I have a show this evening..... :eek:

I'm doing two recipes (and am very excited about it because the hostess said she is expecting around 20 people, if everyone shows up who said they will.) One is the Easy Chocolate Trifle and the other is the Cool Veggie Pizza. (I Know....what a combination!!! :rolleyes: :p )

So here is my question. Which should I "demonstrate" during the show? I premade the brownies and the Cresent Roll Crust last night, so I don't have to worry about either one and both recipes are pretty easy.

My thinking is that perhaps I should assemble the Trifle as soon as I arrive so it can sit during my Demo, plus, I didn't have time to practice.....so this would be my first Trifle. :eek: :eek: :eek:

What do you think? I cheated with the veggie pizza and bought a small pack of veggies. It has Cauliflour, Broccoli and Carrots in it. The carrots are baby carrots and will have to be chopped. The broccolli and Califlour need to be cut smaller too. I bought a red pepper and Roma Tomatoes to put on it too. So I suppose there is alot to do with this recipe, but it is still easy in my book. But do you think I should go ahead and chop most of it then leave some to show off the tools?

I'm excited about this hostess (but not necessarily the show). She said she's expecting around 20 people and her mom and sister are working on getting outside orders for her. So, I told her about My $1K club and that I would add $35 dollars when guest sales reach $1000! I reminded her that would mean $250 in free products for her.....she got soooo excited. :p

Anywho....I was just wondering what you thought I should do? I'm planning on playing 2 or three games too.....

PS ~ Sorry it's such a long post! LOL

I would do the demo of the topping at the show. I probably would go ahead and assemble the trifle before they got there and have it as a "wow" factor for them to see upon arrival.

I have never done CVP, so, I am not sure what all goes on it. If you are worried about there not being enough topping to demo, use several different tools to demostrate the same thing. Like grate cheese with the cheese grater, the UM and the microplane and explain the advantages of each of them. Things like that. I have found people really like this and then the can choose which one they like best instead of just seeing one tool when we have several that can do the same job.

This week when I chopped a tomato, I used the Forged Santuko, the new green tomatoe knife and the new green Santuko knive. I sold several green knives that way when if I had of just shown the Forged I probably would not have sole a knife at all.

Just some thoughts on how to show more products on an easy demo.

Hope this is what you were looking for.

jrstephens said:
I would do the demo of the topping at the show. I probably would go ahead and assemble the trifle before they got there and have it as a "wow" factor for them to see upon arrival.

I have never done CVP, so, I am not sure what all goes on it. If you are worried about there not being enough topping to demo, use several different tools to demostrate the same thing. Like grate cheese with the cheese grater, the UM and the microplane and explain the advantages of each of them. Things like that. I have found people really like this and then the can choose which one they like best instead of just seeing one tool when we have several that can do the same job.

Wow Jennifer. I never thought of that. (DOH!) That's a really "grate" idea. :rolleyes: I'll have to remember that!! :D

not sure if this is what you are looking for, but with my last show I knew that I was going to have some "dead air" time. I basically used it as an opportunity to highlight the new items that just came out. Everyone was excited about seeing the new stuff and it really started the guests to interact more. It also gave me a chance to talk about features and comparisions a little more which I think the guests liked. Talk up the SA pieces, especially how they are so versatile and make entertaining easy for the "kitchen challenged"

I would do the trifle ahead of time and demo the pizza.

Use the Deluxe Cheese Grater for the Baby Carrots. It's awesome.

Also, for my show Monday I filled Easter Eggs with a piece of candy and a PC tip. When I demo a product the first person to find it in the catalog and tell everyone the page number got an egg and read the tip. I have done this before and it helped with people being able to find the products in the catalog but it did not interfer with my demo at all and generated a little more talk about what I was using at the time too.

What an awesome Idea Jennifer!! Wow..... I wish I could come watch one of your shows!!!

hoosierchef said:
What an awesome Idea Jennifer!! Wow..... I wish I could come watch one of your shows!!!

Thanks! That is the best compliment I have gotten!!!

Just remember, sometimes with larger shows, it is harder to stay "focused" and easier to get "bored" with a demo. For my larger show (15), I prepared more ahead of time and demoed less and talked with the people more about what they like and what they use things for...kept them talking with each other about the products because they are going to talk anyway!

Janet that is my worry at ALL my shows. LOL Not just ones with 15-20 people. I'll keep that in mind. That is also why I'm going to play 2-3 games which include the Wish List game. Thanks!!

What Should I Do?

1. What should I do if I'm not satisfied with my purchase?

If you are not satisfied with your purchase from Pampered Chef, you can return it within 30 days for a full refund or exchange. Simply contact our customer service team and they will assist you with the return process.

2. What should I do if I receive a damaged or defective product?

In the rare case that you receive a damaged or defective product, please contact our customer service team right away. We will work with you to replace the product or issue a refund.

3. What should I do if I have a question about a specific product or recipe?

Our customer service team is always happy to assist with any questions you may have about our products or recipes. You can reach them via phone, email, or live chat on our website.

4. What should I do if I want to host a Pampered Chef party or event?

Hosting a Pampered Chef party or event is a great way to earn free and discounted products. Simply reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant or visit our website to learn more about hosting options.

5. What should I do if I want to become a Pampered Chef consultant?

If you are interested in becoming a Pampered Chef consultant, we would love to have you join our team! You can learn more about the opportunity and sign up on our website, or reach out to a current consultant for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchef.angel
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
lpacker
  • PCCHeather0506
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefloretta
Replies