• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximize Your Fundraising Table: Tips for Booking Successful Shows

In summary, you bought a table at a fundraiser and were wondering if you bring the whole thing? You know the focus is booking shows. You must make a booking tree. Any ideas to ring attention to your table?
Kimberlymmj
I bought a table at a fundraiser and was wondering if I bring the whole thing? I know the focus is booking shows. I must must must make a booking tree. Any ideas to ring attention to my table

OK I don't get it. You bought a table at a fundraiser. Does this mean you are selling for the fundraiser too? Or you just have an information booth?

I am not selling for the fundraiser. My table is for sales and for bookings.

OK. That makes it clearer. So for your own personal sales, I would suggest putting to gether a collection of your favorite $$$ products and your tool turn-about. Deep Covered Baker, Cookware, Mandolin, Food Chopper of course... What I do is this, I go to each catagory in the catalog and take 3 pieces from each section if I can. Expensive, Medium Range and inexpensive but a "love it, got a have it" product. Cutting Edge: Mandolin, Food Chopper and I love the Utility Knife in the honing case. (Or do the Forged Paring Knife.) For stoneware, the Deep Covered Baker, The large round with handles and one of the smaller bar pans. Take things you like as it makes it easier to talk about them. Get your booking slide together and find a way to "hang" it wide open so everyone can easily see it. Offer to do free parties. The type where you bring and pay for the ingredients. And do NOT hand out catalogs willy nilly. Make them trade you for it. Offer to mail them one so you have an address. Most of all, bring your enthusiasm. It gets a little rough if you get too many people all at one time or not enough people will be discouraging. So remember to breathe. If you have some of the recipe cards from the theme shows, get small return address labels and put your name and number on them and hand them out like a business card. Hope that helps and best of luck to you!

pampered1224 said:
OK. That makes it clearer. So for your own personal sales, I would suggest putting to gether a collection of your favorite $$$ products and your tool turn-about. Deep Covered Baker, Cookware, Mandolin, Food Chopper of course... What I do is this, I go to each catagory in the catalog and take 3 pieces from each section if I can. Expensive, Medium Range and inexpensive but a "love it, got a have it" product. Cutting Edge: Mandolin, Food Chopper and I love the Utility Knife in the honing case. (Or do the Forged Paring Knife.) For stoneware, the Deep Covered Baker, The large round with handles and one of the smaller bar pans. Take things you like as it makes it easier to talk about them. Get your booking slide together and find a way to "hang" it wide open so everyone can easily see it. Offer to do free parties. The type where you bring and pay for the ingredients. And do NOT hand out catalogs willy nilly. Make them trade you for it. Offer to mail them one so you have an address. Most of all, bring your enthusiasm. It gets a little rough if you get too many people all at one time or not enough people will be discouraging. So remember to breathe. If you have some of the recipe cards from the theme shows, get small return address labels and put your name and number on them and hand them out like a business card. Hope that helps and best of luck to you!

Great advice! What size table would you recommend?

I have a table at a Fundraiser TradeShow tomorrow and am stuck for ideas as well. The Organizer was looking for people to make a donation to the Cancer Society - ex: percentage of their commission/sales.....

Kinda stuck for ideas.....

Most organizations that do these kinds of things don't "get" that Pampered Chef operates differently from other direct sales companies. Our commission structure is much more conservative. Explain that you only make 15% on your sales at fundraisers, and that you would be happy to organize a fundraiser show for them, but they need to accept your cash donation ($15-25) and a raffle item in lieu of a commission.

I would do 2 things: (1) 3-onion Goat Cheese Tart - cook up the bacon/onion mix in a skillet on a hotplate in front of everyone (AROMA that will sell your products!) and then pop the puff pastry in an oven on premises. (2) starter kit, starter kit, starter kit. I wouldn't show anything else, other than maybe a DCB. (3) maybe take orders from folks with order forms.

You want bookings and recruit leads. Use the tools the company gives us! If you don't have one of the Host Flyers ready (looks like the page in the catalog that explains the host plan) try the attachments.

Good luck!

Attachments

• Cooking Show.doc
    26 KB · Views: 433
  • Catalog Show.doc
    25.5 KB · Views: 662
  • Fundraisers.doc
    27.5 KB · Views: 1,103
  • Theme Shows.doc
    27 KB · Views: 571
  • Wedding Showers.doc
    25.5 KB · Views: 624

What Should I Bring?

Here are the top 5 most frequently asked questions about what to bring to a Pampered Chef party!

1. Do I need to bring anything to a Pampered Chef party?

No, you do not need to bring anything to a Pampered Chef party. The host will provide all of the necessary supplies and ingredients for the recipes.

2. Can I bring a dish or recipe to share?

While it is not required, you are more than welcome to bring a dish or recipe to share at the party. Just make sure to let the host know beforehand so they can plan accordingly.

3. Should I bring my own cooking tools?

No, you do not need to bring your own cooking tools. The host will have all the necessary Pampered Chef products available for use during the party.

4. Can I bring my kids to the Pampered Chef party?

It is up to the host's discretion whether or not children are allowed at the party. Please check with the host beforehand to see if it is appropriate to bring your children.

5. Is there a dress code for Pampered Chef parties?

There is no specific dress code for Pampered Chef parties. However, we recommend wearing comfortable clothes and closed-toe shoes for safety while cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
kam
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
Admin Greg