• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What worries me about Obama's policies?

In summary, Cathy does not like the idea of national healthcare because she does not think it is a good thing for the people or the country. She also does not think that unions, social programs, etc. have been successful in adjusting to the new needs. She also thinks that the lack of leadership experience is a problem.
pampered1224 said:
"YES WE CAN".
And we must.
Everyone who believed that McCain could win, take a deep breath and calm down. Personally I hated the fact that McCain took blame for his loosing. I do not believe it was his fault in anyway shape or form. I believe it was the prior governments fault. I live in Wisconsin. WISCONSIN, PEOPLE! Country bumpkins and red necks galore. We are so disillusioned by the current government we turned BLUE holding our breath for the Republican Government to change things. Over 4000 farms collapsed over the last 6 years because gas prices, insurance costs and taxes escalated so high, they could not afford to do anything. We have hit official recession limits. That means over a 35% increase in unemployment.
And no, I personally am not doing better in the last 8 years either. I work for a company who started out at having 21 branches all over the US last year. We just closed 5. we lost 52 employees, our insurance coverage costs us - for a single person $210 a month up from the $55 I was paying 8 years ago. My deductibles, and my meds are the same, have gone from being $75 a month to over $167. I am paying out over $5000 a year in taxes and when I looked at my 2000 return, I was only paying out $2475. So no, I am not doing better now than I was 8 years ago. I spent a week int he hospital in 1999. It cost me about $1200 out of pocket. I spent 2 weeks in the hospital 3 years ago. I paid out over $8000 out of pocket. If anything it should have been about $2400. Tell me how this is better? And if any of you are making more than, what was that new number? $120,000 a year. I wanna be adopted. I work my butt off and make about $42,000. AFTER TAXES. I gross over $53,000. I AM GETTING TAXED OVER $10,000 a year. And guess what, I still make out another check to Uncle George to cover the shortage because God knows we need to spend $18 billion a month in Iraq! THIS THANKS TO GEORGE W. BUSH AND THE REPUBLICANS! and *#&$ ALL OF YOU WHO ARE SO ISOLATED THAT YOU THINK EVERYONE IS DOING FINE LIKE YOU ARE! Do not dare compare my life to yours. We all different, we all have different things going on in our lives. So if you think that my scrimping to make the mortgage, pay for the meds I need, working two jobs and countless hours of taking care of someone because we apparently should be able to hire someone to do it for me based on YOUR DOING FINE thing, well all I gotta say is (*#&$(*@&*#&*@&*$&@*#$@**!!!! And I hate it when someone pushes their beliefs on me when my ideas are my ideas. I think abortion is a good thing. I would like to think it is not but I can't help picturing young women getting their insides ripped out with coat hangers in the back rooms of Chinese laundries! Yeah, they did that when it was illegal or are you all that brainwashed that you do not remember that. And I totally believe what I said in an earlier post, if you are going to believe in non-abortion policy, then you pay to raise those children. I don't wanna be taxed to do so. If it is deemed illegal because of you, THEN TAKE THE RESPONSIBILITY WITH IT! And that is total BS that adoption and abortion do not go hand in hand. Yes they so. If you expect to keep these children alive, then someone has to raise them. And MY MORAL BELIEF IS THAT IT IS WRONG! But I can't afford to take the responsibility of a YEAH vote against abortion. So Obama is in, McCain is out and thank you God it is over. Now get over it. I suggest a trip to all of you people who think everything is all better now. Look into the lives of people around you. I think what you are gonna find is a lot of people you know who are on the brink of financial disaster but are to proud to tell anyone. I think you will find a lot of people you don't know who are starving, living on the streets who are according to you, should be doing better now. Look at life outside YOURS. Maybe you will see things the way they really are. Diverse. All over the boards and not so good in many places but yeah, better in some.

Take a deep breath and calm down....

People were voting for Obama because they wanted change- they wanted change from the current administration and unfortunately McCain was seen as the same old same. We'll see change alright. Higher gas prices, higher prices on merchandise to cover his redistribution plan- Socialition at it's best! What's done is done. Not happy about it, but I'm going to go with the old cliche' "I told you so!" That's what I'll be saying by the end of 4 years. People really don't know what they are in for.

lockhartkitchen said:
People really don't know what they are in for.

You are right, we don't know what we are in for. . .and that includes you.

janetupnorth said:
You missed the rest. Didn't you hear the debates? He is also providing broadband access to me and weather-proofing my home and many other things.
Oh, but I'm probably disqualified too, not because I'm rich, but because I'm hard working. So therefore I would be ineligible.

But never fear, I have a survival plan. Quit my job in January, have the government pay my mortgage, bail out my credit cards, take over my 401k, provide healthcare for my children, give me a tax rebate when I don't pay taxes. Now I just need to have a ton of children out of wedlock, move back to the city and my plan in complete! :rolleyes:

DH and I said last night that maybe we should be happy about this because we can send all our bills to the White House since he's going to take care of all of us...oh, I mean, Kacey is going to take care of us..LOL

You know what? It's over now, we can't do anything about this, so we need to get on w/ our lives. I am so disappointed I can't even believe it.

I hope and pray for this country and our citizens that Obama does the right thing.

In another thread someone directed a comment toward me that I seem rude and pessimistic and she was praying for me...I am not meaning to be rude or pessimistic, I have been so fed up with everything leading up to this election...and so now I am going to try to let this go and get on with it. And cross our fingers that we will all be ok...

So...I apologize to those who I may have offended over the past few months and I certainly hope no one took anything I said personally.

pampered1224 said:
"YES WE CAN".
And we must.
Everyone who believed that McCain could win, take a deep breath and calm down. Personally I hated the fact that McCain took blame for his loosing. I do not believe it was his fault in anyway shape or form. I believe it was the prior governments fault. I live in Wisconsin. WISCONSIN, PEOPLE! Country bumpkins and red necks galore. We are so disillusioned by the current government we turned BLUE holding our breath for the Republican Government to change things. Over 4000 farms collapsed over the last 6 years because gas prices, insurance costs and taxes escalated so high, they could not afford to do anything. We have hit official recession limits. That means over a 35% increase in unemployment.
And no, I personally am not doing better in the last 8 years either. I work for a company who started out at having 21 branches all over the US last year. We just closed 5. we lost 52 employees, we are closing about 4 more and losing about 35 more people. We lost 17 of 100 in the home office alone. Our insurance coverage costs us - for a single person $210 a month and over $500 for family coverage, up from the $55 I was paying 8 years ago and the $125 families were paying 8 years ago. My deductibles, and my meds are still the same, have gone from being $75 a month to over $167. I am paying out over $5500 a year in taxes and when I looked at my 2000 return, I was only paying out $2475. (Sorry I should qualify this with the numbers in the columns on the THIS IS WHAT YOU OWE column on the tax forms booklets which I bet most of you have never seen since you are doing better and have someone do your taxes) So no, I am not doing better now than I was 8 years ago. I spent a week in the hospital in 1999. It cost me about $1200 out of pocket. I spent 2 weeks in the hospital 3 years ago. I paid out over $8000 out of pocket. If anything it should have been about $2400. Tell me how this is better? And if any of you are making more than, what was that new number? $120,000 a year. I wanna be adopted. I work my butt off and make about $42,000. AFTER TAXES. I gross over $53,000. I AM GETTING TAXED OVER $10,000 a year. And guess what, I still make out another check to Uncle George to cover the shortage because God knows we need to spend $18 billion a month in Iraq! THIS THANKS TO GEORGE W. BUSH AND THE REPUBLICANS! and *#&$ ALL OF YOU WHO ARE SO ISOLATED THAT YOU THINK EVERYONE IS DOING FINE LIKE YOU ARE! Do not dare compare my life to yours. We all different, we all have different things going on in our lives. So if you think that my scrimping to make the mortgage, pay for the meds I need, working two jobs and countless hours of taking care of someone because we apparently should be able to hire someone to do it for me based on YOUR DOING FINE thing, well all I gotta say is (*#&$(*@&*#&*@&*$&@*#$@**!!!! And I hate it when someone pushes their beliefs on me when my ideas are my ideas. I think abortion is a good thing. I would like to think it is not but I can't help picturing young women getting their insides ripped out with coat hangers in the back rooms of Chinese laundries! Yeah, they did that when it was illegal or are you all that brainwashed that you do not remember that. And I totally believe what I said in an earlier post, if you are going to believe in non-abortion policy, then you pay to raise those children. I don't wanna be taxed to do so. If it is deemed illegal because of you, THEN TAKE THE RESPONSIBILITY WITH IT! And that is total BS that adoption and abortion do not go hand in hand. Yes they do. What do you plan to do with these unwanted children? Throw them in the street to fend for themselves or better yet, we'll build orphanages! Yeah, we can sever them scraps since you all want to keep them alive but God forbid you do not take care of them. If you expect to keep these children alive, then someone has to raise them. And MY MORAL BELIEF IS THAT ABORTION IS WRONG! But I can't afford to take the responsibility of a YEAH vote against abortion. So Obama is in, McCain is out and thank you God it is over. Now get over it. I suggest a trip to all of you people who think everything is all better now. Look into the lives of people around you. I think what you are gonna find is a lot of people you know who are on the brink of financial disaster but are to proud to tell anyone. I think you will find a lot of people you don't know who are starving, living on the streets who are according to you, should be doing better now. Look at life outside YOURS. Maybe you will see things the way they really are. Diverse. All over the boards and not so good in many places but yeah, better in some. Stop living in your world, thinking of yourselves and think everyone else is living in the same place you are and get a life!

Wow John...all I can say is WOW.
Your guy won dude.
I hope Obama fulfills all your hopes and dreams now. I really do. Wow.
And everyone talks about MY posts? WOW.

chefsteph07 said:
Wow John...all I can say is WOW.
Your guy won dude.
I hope Obama fulfills all your hopes and dreams now. I really do. Wow.
And everyone talks about MY posts? WOW.

That's okay Steph, I was called racist for mentioning pitchforks. I was picturing the old Ma and Pa Kettle shows in my head when facetiously mentioning storming the castle gates with my pitchfork...because storming it with a spoon would just be silly.... anywhay... have a nice morning and if it matters I'm not upset about your posts over the past few months. :) It's a free country after all!!!

Kitchen Diva said:
That's okay Steph, I was called racist for mentioning pitchforks. I was picturing the old Ma and Pa Kettle shows in my head when facetiously mentioning storming the castle gates with my pitchfork...because storming it with a spoon would just be silly.... anywhay... have a nice morning and if it matters I'm not upset about your posts over the past few months. :) It's a free country after all!!!

I read that too...about you being racist.
Maybe we SHOULD use spoons instead of pitchforks...or guns...LOL
I wish love peace and happiness for everyone...

very sad this morning, but am in the know that I will get to join the "I told you so" club in a few short years~

my kids asked when they got up this morning "who won" and I answered~both hung their heads, but I assured them that living in a Democracy is still better than not...I can only pray the USA remains a Democracy~

pampered1224 said:
"YES WE CAN".
And we must.
And no, I personally am not doing better in the last 8 years either. I work for a company who started out at having 21 branches all over the US last year. We just closed 5. we lost 52 employees, we are closing about 4 more and losing about 35 more people. We lost 17 of 100 in the home office alone. Our insurance coverage costs us - for a single person $210 a month and over $500 for family coverage, up from the $55 I was paying 8 years ago and the $125 families were paying 8 years ago. My deductibles, and my meds are still the same, have gone from being $75 a month to over $167. I am paying out over $5500 a year in taxes and when I looked at my 2000 return, I was only paying out $2475. (Sorry I should qualify this with the numbers in the columns on the THIS IS WHAT YOU OWE column on the tax forms booklets which I bet most of you have never seen since you are doing better and have someone do your taxes) So no, I am not doing better now than I was 8 years ago. I spent a week in the hospital in 1999. It cost me about $1200 out of pocket. I spent 2 weeks in the hospital 3 years ago. I paid out over $8000 out of pocket. If anything it should have been about $2400. Tell me how this is better? And if any of you are making more than, what was that new number? $120,000 a year. I wanna be adopted. I work my butt off and make about $42,000. AFTER TAXES. I gross over $53,000. I AM GETTING TAXED OVER $10,000 a year. And guess what, I still make out another check to Uncle George to cover the shortage because God knows we need to spend $18 billion a month in Iraq! THIS THANKS TO GEORGE W. BUSH AND THE REPUBLICANS! and *#&$ ALL OF YOU WHO ARE SO ISOLATED THAT YOU THINK EVERYONE IS DOING FINE LIKE YOU ARE! Do not dare compare my life to yours. We all different, we all have different things going on in our lives. So if you think that my scrimping to make the mortgage, pay for the meds I need, working two jobs and countless hours of taking care of someone because we apparently should be able to hire someone to do it for me based on YOUR DOING FINE thing, well all I gotta say is (*#&$(*@&*#&*@&*$&@*#$@**!!!! And I hate it when someone pushes their beliefs on me when my ideas are my ideas. I think abortion is a good thing. I would like to think it is not but I can't help picturing young women getting their insides ripped out with coat hangers in the back rooms of Chinese laundries! Yeah, they did that when it was illegal or are you all that brainwashed that you do not remember that. And I totally believe what I said in an earlier post, if you are going to believe in non-abortion policy, then you pay to raise those children. I don't wanna be taxed to do so. If it is deemed illegal because of you, THEN TAKE THE RESPONSIBILITY WITH IT! And that is total BS that adoption and abortion do not go hand in hand. Yes they do. What do you plan to do with these unwanted children? Throw them in the street to fend for themselves or better yet, we'll build orphanages! Yeah, we can sever them scraps since you all want to keep them alive but God forbid you do not take care of them. If you expect to keep these children alive, then someone has to raise them. And MY MORAL BELIEF IS THAT ABORTION IS WRONG! But I can't afford to take the responsibility of a YEAH vote against abortion. So Obama is in, McCain is out and thank you God it is over. Now get over it. I suggest a trip to all of you people who think everything is all better now. Look into the lives of people around you. I think what you are gonna find is a lot of people you know who are on the brink of financial disaster but are to proud to tell anyone. I think you will find a lot of people you don't know who are starving, living on the streets who are according to you, should be doing better now. Look at life outside YOURS. Maybe you will see things the way they really are. Diverse. All over the boards and not so good in many places but yeah, better in some. Stop living in your world, thinking of yourselves and think everyone else is living in the same place you are and get a life!

You really need to educate yourself on what happens during an abortion. A child has feelings in the womb (and a heart beat) they have proven that. If the abortion is early enough the child is sucked out. If not, they partially birth him/her and they suck their brain out with a tube. I think those who are for abortion should actually go watch one in action.

Just because the child may not be wanted by his/her Mother does not mean someone would not adopt the child. I know many people who have adopted -most who had to go outside of our country to do so. How about those who have a child and then decide they don't want them? I guess with your scenario they should just be able to kill them.

There are many programs by pro-life groups for the Mother. They give her free clothing, health care diapers, cribs, food, etc. The pro-abortion people don't seem to know the programs that are out there or educate themselves on them. They like to believe what they believe so it makes it okay in their own mind. It is not okay to kill a child.

Did you know 90% of children with Down syndrome are aborted? How is that not selective for a perfect race just as Hitler wanted to do? So if a child is born "normal" but then becomes mentally retarded due to an accident or disease should we just kill him/her?

If your moral belief is that abortion is wrong, then you should be willing to stand up for what you believe in. And yes, just because we make it illegal doesn't mean every abortion will end just as murder, robbery and other crimes don't end, but it will stop some of them like those who choose to use it as a means of regular birth control. This does happen - my daughter knows someone who has had 3 of them for that reason.

Last edited:
chefmeg said:
very sad this morning, but am in the know that I will get to join the "I told you so" club in a few short years~

my kids asked when they got up this morning "who won" and I answered~both hung their heads, but I assured them that living in a Democracy is still better than not...I can only pray the USA remains a Democracy~

Amen..........................

OK. I am calmer now. You know what makes our country really great is the fact that we can do this out here and not get our heads cut off. No matter what we say. And you know what, I would not have cared if Ma and Pa Kettle had gotten elected. I only care because we needed a shake up, a wake up call. Many of the Republicans on TV last night even pounced on their own party for not standing strong, and being the reform party they once were. Republicans talking bad about their own party? Yeah. Even they think the last 8 years left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths. The American people have spoken. and you know what? Thats good. Because we could. This is no different from any other election when the party affiliation changed. He is still a politician. I still have qualms and fears about how things will pan out. I just didn't think McCain was strong enough to fight what that past Republican put into place a Democratic House and Senate. Here is what I will say though. To all of you. Keep your beliefs strong. There is never anything wrong with how you think. Our Constitution lets you do that. Act when you need to. Again, that is your right. And say it loud and clear if you believe it strongly enough. You have the voice and the permission to do so. And God Bless us all because no matter who it was, it was still and will be a heck of a bumpy ride!

John, the best "birth control" against unwanted pregnancies is abstinence! Abortion is not meant for birth control! I have one DD but my niece was only able to have 1 DD but lost 4 babies to miscarriage! It hurts her so badly to see people nonchalantly talk about having abortions because they "didn't mean to get pregnant". Aren't you glad your mother didn't get an abortion when she got pregnant with you?

JAE said:
Why is owning a lot of houses a bad thing? I'm always confused with that whining. Yes, I'm a 3 house owner wannabe. One on Lake MI, one on the Gulf of Mexico in FL, and one in, oh, maybe the Hamptons? But then, I'd enjoy a few more, too. Whatever. But, I'm content to be "poor" and don't want the government "helping" me out with programs.

It's called class envy. It's what Obama used to get in the White House. Just as others in history have done to get power.

People need to read up on their German history and the class envy against the Jewish business owners.

Sadly history repeats itself. We are all human after all.

Why is it those who are worse off then others just think the people who have it “better” then them are just lucky? They think they don’t work as hard and things are handed to them on a silver platter?

I lost my job of 14 years almost 8 years ago. I provided 45% of my family’s income at the time. My husband and I struggled through it. We have lived without many things and still own our 16 year old furniture. I did not sit back and blame the government for my troubles. I found a part time job and also started selling Pampered Chef. It has actually been a blessing for me. I have more time with my children,

My husband has worked very hard and deserves all the credit for our family being able to maintain our level of living. First of all we waited to get married for him to get through college – we started dating at 15 years old. We spent 20 years paying back his college loans. He switched to many different jobs within his company to be well-rounded when he needed to find another job. He got training which was hard to study for with small children at home. He traveled to other countries (Japan, Canada, Mexico) with work to further his knowledge in his position. This was not easy to be out of town with small children either.

All of this hard work has paid off. He is in the process of losing his job, but has 2 offers for a new position – paying a lot more then he currently makes – as well as a second interview with a third company on Monday. I told him only my hero husband could get wonderful job offers during a depression!

Is my husband just “lucky,” no! He has worked very hard for where he is (I thank God for him every day!). What we do for ourselves is always going to affect us more then any program the government gives us.

Notice: I'm locking this thread because people are getting downright nasty since they won. Build a bridge and get over it please. Back to business, election over, nothing more to see here. ;)

<h2>1. National Health Care</h2><p>Many people have concerns about Obama's policy on national health care. Some worry that it will lead to long wait times, like in other countries with similar systems, and that it may not be as effective as the current healthcare system.</p><h2>2. Foreign Policy</h2><p>Another worry is about Obama's foreign policy. Some individuals have family members in the military and are concerned about the safety of their loved ones. They may also question the decision to withdraw troops from certain areas without a clear plan for their safety.</p><h2>3. Lack of Specifics</h2><p>Some people have noticed that when Obama speaks, he often lacks specifics in his plans and ideas. This was also a concern during his previous campaigns. Without concrete details, it can be difficult to fully understand his policies and their potential impact.</p><h2>4. Unions, Social Programs, and the Middle Class</h2><p>There are concerns about Obama's focus on unions, social programs, and the middle class. Some feel that he is not truly representative of the middle class since he has been financially successful. There are also concerns about the effectiveness and sustainability of unions and social programs, as well as potential abuse of these systems.</p><h2>Conclusion</h2><p>Overall, there are many worries about Obama's policies, ranging from healthcare to foreign policy to the middle class. It is important to thoroughly research and consider all aspects of his policies before forming an opinion or making a decision at the polls.</p>

1. National Health Care

Many people have concerns about Obama's policy on national health care. Some worry that it will lead to long wait times, like in other countries with similar systems, and that it may not be as effective as the current healthcare system.

2. Foreign Policy

Another worry is about Obama's foreign policy. Some individuals have family members in the military and are concerned about the safety of their loved ones. They may also question the decision to withdraw troops from certain areas without a clear plan for their safety.

3. Lack of Specifics

Some people have noticed that when Obama speaks, he often lacks specifics in his plans and ideas. This was also a concern during his previous campaigns. Without concrete details, it can be difficult to fully understand his policies and their potential impact.

4. Unions, Social Programs, and the Middle Class

There are concerns about Obama's focus on unions, social programs, and the middle class. Some feel that he is not truly representative of the middle class since he has been financially successful. There are also concerns about the effectiveness and sustainability of unions and social programs, as well as potential abuse of these systems.

Conclusion

Overall, there are many worries about Obama's policies, ranging from healthcare to foreign policy to the middle class. It is important to thoroughly research and consider all aspects of his policies before forming an opinion or making a decision at the polls.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • schel
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
angmillar
Replies