• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Scares Me About Obama in a Debate...

In summary, the major word in this debate is "fundamental." Obama's arrogance is killing people, and more people would be conservative if it wasn't for the lying mainstream media.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
OK, I'm starting a new thread to continue since the other one is getting off-topic a bit.

I'll have to agree with KG on this one...

It scares me that Obama will lose his place on the teleprompter and not make any logical statement. No wait, that isn't what scares me, what scares me is that 50% of the population will actually think it was a thought that made sense.

OK, carry on the political debate without getting personal...

janetupnorth said:
OK, I'm starting a new thread to continue since the other one is getting off-topic a bit.

I'll have to agree with KG on this one...

It scares me that Obama will lose his place on the teleprompter and not make any logical statement. No wait, that isn't what scares me, what scares me is that 50% of the population will actually think it was a thought that made sense.

OK, carry on the political debate without getting personal...

So funny! http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj282/gingergirl25/smilies/smiley1146.gif (my new favorite smilie!)

I'm not really scared about the debate. I think John McCain will do a great job. I can't imagine it will stay on topic with the bailout issue we are currently experiencing. Isn't the debate supposed to be about energy? Anyway, if McCain would not have gone to the debate it isn't like he would have been taking time to prepare more for the debate. He'd be in D.C. working on the problem. He's not scared to debate Obama. That's just ridiculous.

I do get really squeamish listening to Obama, but I'm not scared. I just mute his commercials.

obamapolicyadvisors.jpg

It's like the Verizon network...hopefully there is no dead zone. ;)

JAE said:
<snip> I do get really squeamish listening to Obama, <snip>

Well, uh, let me, er, say, um, this about um, er, that, uh, I um, get, er, really uncomfortable um, er, list...um, er listening to, um, Sen, er, ator, um, er, Obama when he, er, um, gets, um, off like, er, the, um, tella, um, Telepromter.

janetupnorth said:
It's like the Verizon network...hopefully there is no dead zone. ;)

Now that had me laughing so hard I started to cry! :D

Good one Janet!

what scares me is that ,many people believe he is the answer...
He has already stated if he did not win he is going to court

whitetiger said:

Seriously? Is that what America has come to? That is just selfish, classless, narcissistic, and wrong...

I'm beyond fed up with this man child and his obvious inability to lead or to structure a coherent sentence on his own accord without having someone else write it for him in advance. I'm disgusted by his immaturity at the White House talks this morning, sending his party to scramble for cover and to mount the largest spin job the US has ever seen...

JAE said:
I'm not really scared about the debate. I think John McCain will do a great job. I can't imagine it will stay on topic with the bailout issue we are currently experiencing. Isn't the debate supposed to be about energy? Anyway, if McCain would not have gone to the debate it isn't like he would have been taking time to prepare more for the debate. He'd be in D.C. working on the problem. He's not scared to debate Obama. That's just ridiculous.

I do get really squeamish listening to Obama, but I'm not scared. I just mute his commercials.

It's about foreign affairs. I knew energy didn't sound right.

Wow. I guess you guys are more conservative than I thought.

oh boy - its on now - here we go!

Jessamary said:

???????????

I love this thread! I'm cracking up right now.

Janet, can you hear me now? Good! LOL!
I'm with ya girl!;)

MissChef said:
Janet, can you hear me now? Good! LOL!
I'm with ya girl!;)

But I can't hear him...his signal must be breaking up...losing connection...

Um, I uh, think uh, um...

I forget to do my "buzz word count" for this debate...Can you guess the major word in this debate?
fundamental

fundamental. Now to click and see if I am right.....
I'm good huh Janet!!!

Obama's arrogance is killing me.

Jessamary said:

janetupnorth said:
???????????

Um, no---you're either conservative or you aren't...so there is no "more conservative"... we're just conservative.

Which if it wasn't for the lying main stream media more people would be conservative- or be amazed to find out that they actually are conservative.... I'll get off my soap box before I go into one of my Julia Sugarbaker rants.... :D

whitetiger said:

What for??? Where did you hear that???

I just hope people vote for real reasons this election not just because of color of skin or male or female... Yes we all now this is a historic election with both an African American as a candidate and woman as vice pres candidate... but people need to realize it shouldn't be just about that. I hate seeing the polls people are participating in. It's all so ugly when we're put against each other... white vs. black... it's more annoying then anything...

I personally am neither D or R... I vote for the candidate that holds the same values as I do and I'm all for McCain right now. He's a military man and we are at war right now. Yes, I'm a little bias since I am married to the Navy but he's more for the military then Obama is and that's a huge factor for me. I'm trying not to get personal but whoever ends up in office always effects my life significantly, so it's hard not to.

Kitchen Diva said:
Um, no---you're either conservative or you aren't...so there is no "more conservative"... we're just conservative.Which if it wasn't for the lying main stream media more people would be conservative- or be amazed to find out that they actually are conservative.... I'll get off my soap box before I go into one of my Julia Sugarbaker rants.... :D
I heard a guy on Rush the other day who said (paraphrased) "I always believed in 'Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer' so I started listening to you. And after a few days, I realized I didn't really hate you, in fact, I pretty much agreed with you on most everything. Not all, but many things."The classic definition of a liberal is a conservative who hasn't been mugged yet.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I heard a guy on Rush the other day who said (paraphrased) "I always believed in 'Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer' so I started listening to you. And after a few days, I realized I didn't really hate you, in fact, I pretty much agreed with you on most everything. Not all, but many things."

The classic definition of a liberal is a conservative who hasn't been mugged yet.

Interesting and truthful point, KG!

Hmmm...and we all know what happened in the Kennedy/Nixon debate when Nixon came off so badly! Hopefully if Obama can't put two sentences together, it will make people realize how bad he is....:thumbup:

I saw some Obama t-shirts at our local fair Thursday night. The front has his picture and "Yes We Can" and the back is full of writing from the neck to the waist! Geez...I just didn't even bother looking any further! It was in about 18 point type so you can imagine how many words are on there! Do they seriously think anyone will "read" a t-shirt like that!???:yuck:

This is an awesome thread!!! It's helping me to take my mind off of the itching I've got going on from a rash that got me out of bed!!! Thanks everyone!!!

I seen a tshirt the other day that said Obama is in my hood! and another one that said Obama is my homeboy!
Just seems weird for people to talk about a presidential candidate like that. But Presidents do not get the respect like they should anymore.

Will someone please explain to me, the difference in these statements...If an African-American says, "I'm going to vote for Barack Obama because he's black," that is not a racist statement.If a white American says, "I'm going to vote for John McCain because he's white," that is a racist statement.I must have missed something in high school English class.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Will someone please explain to me, the difference in these statements...

If an African-American says, "I'm going to vote for Barack Obama because he's black," that is not a racist statement.

If a white American says, "I'm going to vote for John McCain because he's white," that is a racist statement.

I must have missed something in high school English class.

SOME people still have freedom of speech...others that may speak their mind on a topic are scolded for being politically incorrect.

I need to stop here...

P.S. The whole "Obama machine" can you say m-a-n-i-p-u-l-a-t-e?

JMO

Chef Endora said:
SOME people still have freedom of speech...others that may speak their mind on a topic are scolded for being politically incorrect.

I need to stop here...

P.S. The whole "Obama machine" can you say m-a-n-i-p-u-l-a-t-e?

JMO

I have felt this way since his very first appearance on Oprah (after he gave a speech at the DNC in 2004). I KNEW then that he was being groomed to run for president. It's been manipulated since the beginning.

A few musings:

I look at Oprah differently now. She's largely responsible for the start of this manipulation. :thumbdown:

Joy Behar sounds frightened&hysterical when responding to any criticism of the "anoited one".

I no longer have respect for Baba Wawa after seeing her fawn over the "Mesiah" and call him sexy on the show. She's old enough to be his mother! :yuck:Too much Kool-aid :rolleyes:.

Elizabeth Hasselbeck on The View certainly can hold her own with the others. She has nerves of steel.:thumbup:

You're just now figuring out that Baba Wawa is a bleeding heart? I stopped paying any attention to her about 30 years ago. It's so much fun to see her on 20/20 when she has to introduce the segment with John Stossel. The level of disgust on her face is laughable.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

If an African-American says, "I'm going to vote for Barack Obama because he's black," that is not a racist statement.

If a white American says, "I'm going to vote for John McCain because he's white," that is a racist statement.

What I have found to be true and I knew from the beginning. Certain people that I know who jumped on the Obama band wagon early on for only one reason have never voted in an election before. They are not registered to vote and like the ones I know I'm sure there are many out there that failed to register. I think it's because the real issues of the candidate didn't matter they just wanted to vote for him because of his racial backround.
And of course these are the same people that complain about everything but have not voted in one election for any reason since they turned 18. I can't stand when people complain about what's going on in our country and have never taken time to go to the polls. Also annoys me when people that are not American citizens complain about American politics. (saw a Canadian citizen on you tube wearing an Obama shirt)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
You're just now figuring out that Baba Wawa is a bleeding heart? I stopped paying any attention to her about 30 years ago.

It's so much fun to see her on 20/20 when she has to introduce the segment with John Stossel. The level of disgust on her face is laughable.

On figuring out Baba: I admit I wasn't as tuned in as now.

On introducing JS...I look forward to watching for this. ;)

FedEx finally arrived with my John McCain order. Now I need to put on my T-shirt and go put out my signs. Kinda scary around here. NY is a blue state
(a/k/a WELFARE STATE)

Barack Obama is a post turtle. Post turtle?When you're driving down a country road and you come across a fence post with a turtle balanced on top, that's a post turtle.You know he didn't get up there by himself, he doesn't belong up there, he doesn't know what to do while he is up there, and you just wonder what kind of dumb ass put him up there in the first place.

ChefBeckyD said:
I have felt this way since his very first appearance on Oprah (after he gave a speech at the DNC in 2004). I KNEW then that he was being groomed to run for president. It's been manipulated since the beginning.

A very eerie feeling came over me last night when I was first reading this thread--- then DH told me about the bracelet comment where Obama had to look at his bracelet for the name of the solider because he couldn't remember it... Can everybody say MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE?!?!? This man is owned, by who I'm not sure, but he has handlers for a reason, and he is clearly inept-and I stand by that eerie feeling I had last night, and againg this morning, and interestingly enough, DH and I both said outloud this morning..."It's like he's the Manchurian Candidate"...

Chef Endora said:
On figuring out Baba: I admit I wasn't as tuned in as now.

On introducing JS...I look forward to watching for this. ;)

FedEx finally arrived with my John McCain order. Now I need to put on my T-shirt and go put out my signs. Kinda scary around here. NY is a blue state
(a/k/a WELFARE STATE)

Carry some mace, just to be safe! :) LOL... MN is a blue state, too!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Barack Obama is a post turtle.

Post turtle?

When you're driving down a country road and you come across a fence post with a turtle balanced on top, that's a post turtle.

You know he didn't get up there by himself, he doesn't belong up there, he doesn't know what to do while he is up there, and you just wonder what kind of dumb ass put him up there in the first place.

Yup---manchurian candidate!

(aww, I feel sorry for those post turtles! SAVE the Post Turtles!) LOL

I heard Obaba call John McCain "Jim" during the debate last night. Just a slip BUT...if John McCain did that the MSM would have been all over that. I can imagine them trying to hack in to his phamacy to see if he's on Aricept. ;)

Can you imagine if he called OBama OSama by accident?:eek:

Kitchen Diva said:
Carry some mace, just to be safe! :) LOL... MN is a blue state, too!

Good idea. Wish me luck.

I'm wondering how long my sign will stay up. We also own a piece of vacant property on a busy country corner. No one asks us to put signs up & if I don't like/agree with them, they go in the garbage.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

I so want to comment on this. But for the fear of a box full of nasty PM's I will keep it simple and say I so agree!!!

Well I'll comment - and first of all let me just say I have plenty of African American friends - and many I'd have at my supper table over some white people I know...that being said, I live in Eastern NC....large black population here. They are wearing Obama buttons as large as dinner plates. And the same answer from most of them - "I'm voting for him because he is black". Many have never voted before and are clueless on the issues, they just know that they'll keep getting their government hand-outs. Its sad. My McCain/Palin sticker on my car has gotten me more than one nasty look. I dont dare comment on the Obama stickers or buttons, no matter the color of the wearers skin......no telling what would happen.

That being said - I didnt notice Obama having to look at his bracelet for the name of his soldier. I was sewing and must have looked away. Interesting. I also like the fact that CNN, who have admitted they polled many more Dems than Republicans (and admitted so) are declaring Obama the debate winner. Figures.

Cindycooks said:
Well I'll comment - and first of all let me just say I have plenty of African American friends - and many I'd have at my supper table over some white people I know...that being said, I live in Eastern NC....large black population here. They are wearing Obama buttons as large as dinner plates. And the same answer from most of them - "I'm voting for him because he is black". Many have never voted before and are clueless on the issues, they just know that they'll keep getting their government hand-outs. Its sad. My McCain/Palin sticker on my car has gotten me more than one nasty look. I dont dare comment on the Obama stickers or buttons, no matter the color of the wearers skin......no telling what would happen.

That being said - I didnt notice Obama having to look at his bracelet for the name of his soldier. I was sewing and must have looked away. Interesting. I also like the fact that CNN, who have admitted they polled many more Dems than Republicans (and admitted so) are declaring Obama the debate winner. Figures.

That's because if the liberal media were to declare that a republican won the debate they'd probably emplode, or the ground would open up and swallow them for their treasonous declaration. LOL-

Cindycooks said:

2 things:

First - He did stumble, and have to look at his bracelet for the name - it was very obvious...and he was doing it in response to John McCain having a bracelet from a soldier. Again, I would 1000 times trust McCain with our military over Obama - It's personal for him. He was obviously passionate when talking about the Military last night, and Obama was just as obviously NOT.

Second - Once again, the MSM (CNN in this case) skews the results and makes them say what they want to suit their liberal bias.

cwinter474 said:
I so want to comment on this. But for the fear of a box full of nasty PM's I will keep it simple and say I so agree!!!

I say delete delete delete. This is America and you can speak your mind.

I live in a border state and I am mexican. I don't speak spanish, I am not catholic and I only have 2 kids. Both my parents and all 4 of my grandparents were born in the US. You would not believe some of the comments that run thru my mind when racial issues come up.

I was just told a few weeks ago (by a coworker) that it was "shameful" that I do not speak spanish. I laughed out loud and said, "well good thing I speak english because it is the official language of the United States."
I could tell you more stories!

I think it's unfortunate that many people are voting for a candidate just because of his ethnicity. I'm with KG can you imagine if someone said they were voting for McCain because he is white?

TammyStar said:
I say delete delete delete. This is America and you can speak your mind.

I live in a border state and I am mexican. I don't speak spanish, I am not catholic and I only have 2 kids. Both my parents and all 4 of my grandparents were born in the US. You would not believe some of the comments that run thru my mind when racial issues come up.

I was just told a few weeks ago (by a coworker) that it was "shameful" that I do not speak spanish. I laughed out loud and said, "well good thing I speak english because it is the official language of the United States."
I could tell you more stories!

I think it's unfortunate that many people are voting for a candidate just because of his ethnicity. I'm with KG can you imagine if someone said they were voting for McCain because he is white?

Well, I'm voting for McCain cause he's old... and I have a thing for older men.

KIDDING! just wanted to make ya'll laugh a bit! :D

LOL Kacey, he definitly fits that bill! I personally have been a fan of his since I read his biography YEARS ago! If you haven't read it I encourage you to pick up a copy no matter what happens in the upcoming election!

oh and I could say I'm voting for him because he is from my current home state!

Cindycooks said:
...Obama having to look at his bracelet for the name of his soldier.

Could it be that he didn't originally plan to talk about that soldier and wanted to be sure to say the name right? McCain made it sould like he was the only one who would have a bracelet and Obama was showing that he also has spoken to military families and cares too. Geez.

Tammy- if I add one more book the the stack of books I have intentions of reading... I bet his biography is very interesting to say the least! :) Maybe I'll ask DH to read it and give me the low down on it! Too funny... okay- back to cleaning my home office...

Jessamary said:

You're joking right? Or, perhaps you have not read any of the other political threads here.

I have learned a lot about the religious right from reading my fellow Cheffers' posts.

That's all I have to say about that. :rolleyes:

<h2>1. What scares me about Obama's debate performance?</h2><p>There are a few reasons that some people may feel concerned about Obama's performance in a debate:</p><ul><li>His reliance on a teleprompter: There is a fear that without his prepared remarks, Obama may struggle to articulate his thoughts effectively.</li><li>His ability to make logical statements: Some worry that Obama may struggle to make coherent arguments or may stumble over his words.</li><li>The potential for 50% of the population to support him regardless of his performance: There is a concern that even if Obama does not perform well in a debate, a large portion of the population will still support him purely based on their political beliefs.</li></ul><h2>2. Will Obama's performance in a debate impact his chances of winning the election?</h2><p>It is difficult to predict the direct impact of a single debate on the outcome of an election. However, debates can influence public perception and can potentially sway undecided voters. So, depending on Obama's performance, it could potentially impact his chances of winning the election.</p><h2>3. What strategies do you think Obama will use in a debate?</h2><p>It is not appropriate for me to speculate on what strategies Obama may use in a debate. However, it is likely that he will use his experience, knowledge, and policies to make his case to voters.</p><h2>4. How has Obama performed in past debates?</h2><p>Obama has participated in several debates throughout his political career. His performances have been generally well-received, with some critics noting his ability to remain composed and articulate in high-pressure situations.</p><h2>5. How can Obama improve his debate skills?</h2><p>As with any skill, practice and preparation are key. Obama can improve his debate skills by studying past debates, understanding his opponent's arguments, and refining his own arguments. He can also work on his public speaking skills and learn to think on his feet in order to respond effectively to unexpected questions or challenges.</p>

1. What scares me about Obama's debate performance?

There are a few reasons that some people may feel concerned about Obama's performance in a debate:

• His reliance on a teleprompter: There is a fear that without his prepared remarks, Obama may struggle to articulate his thoughts effectively.
  • His ability to make logical statements: Some worry that Obama may struggle to make coherent arguments or may stumble over his words.
  • The potential for 50% of the population to support him regardless of his performance: There is a concern that even if Obama does not perform well in a debate, a large portion of the population will still support him purely based on their political beliefs.

2. Will Obama's performance in a debate impact his chances of winning the election?

It is difficult to predict the direct impact of a single debate on the outcome of an election. However, debates can influence public perception and can potentially sway undecided voters. So, depending on Obama's performance, it could potentially impact his chances of winning the election.

3. What strategies do you think Obama will use in a debate?

It is not appropriate for me to speculate on what strategies Obama may use in a debate. However, it is likely that he will use his experience, knowledge, and policies to make his case to voters.

4. How has Obama performed in past debates?

Obama has participated in several debates throughout his political career. His performances have been generally well-received, with some critics noting his ability to remain composed and articulate in high-pressure situations.

5. How can Obama improve his debate skills?

As with any skill, practice and preparation are key. Obama can improve his debate skills by studying past debates, understanding his opponent's arguments, and refining his own arguments. He can also work on his public speaking skills and learn to think on his feet in order to respond effectively to unexpected questions or challenges.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • susanr613
  • General Chat
2 3
Replies
Views
fikibiff
Replies
Views