• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick & Elegant Appetizers & Desserts for a Busy Holiday Season!

they are so elegant and pretty and easy to put together. If you are looking for a more interactive demo, the trifle would be a good choice.
ChefJoyJ
I booked a Nov. show tonight by using the phrase "during the busy holiday season, everyone is looking for simple, easy, and yet elegant appetizers and desserts." My host was sold! Of course, she was wondering if it would be possible to do both. She's a great customer and host, so I'd love to accomodate her...but now I need ideas!! Help!!!!

I was thinking the tangy pepper pecan brie (or one of the other versions) as the appetizer, but not entirely sure what dessert to make. Any ideas for either the appetizer or dessert? I'd like one to be very easy and quick to assemble (so it's ready to go not too long after the show starts)...no real preference as to which...

And I was thinking of taking one or 2 of the batter bowl mixes, premade, to show a "homemade" gift they could give. :)

Oh, from this one phone call I also have a bridal shower in either Feburary or March... :love:

I'd love for either the appetizer or the dessert to feature stoneware, since it is on guest special this month! :thumbup:

You could do a trifle. Those are always easy and elegant! Bake whatever the cake layer is in a stone. There is another loop right now called Pumpkin Trifle that sounds fabulous. There are some other versions of it that I have tried that are yummy too. Just search for that. Also Janet's PB Trifle is awesome, and I'd definitely classify it as elegant and easy!

For an appetizer, I too like the brie choices and the hot artichoke dip (either the SB one or the one from All The Best). Also, the Phyllo Wrapped Asparagus with Roasted Red Pepper Aioli is really yummy. I think if you did it as an interactive demo it wouldn't be bad. It's one of those that is delicious but repetative for a show. Ditto for the Baked Potstickers.

I love the brie on the round stone - I make the one with the apricot jam and pecans but I skip the hot pepper. My guests always love it and it shows off the stone nicely.

What about the banana split brownie on the round stone?

I did this type of show all last fall doing the Brie and Janet's Peanut Butter Trifle.I started with the Brie and once that was in the oven, I had someone help me make the trifle. I had the host already have brownies baked and pudding mixed, so it didn't take that much effort to assemble the trifle. Had lots of good shows with this!

I think the Brie is your best bet for the appetizer.How about Tuxedo Brownie Cups for the dessert? If you show how they can be plated with a drizzle of syrup/sauce on a plate, then you not only show more products, you show how a "simple" brownie can become a classy dessert.

The elegant Artichoke cups are AWESOME! easy and really elegant they went over SOOOOO well with my friends!

Mini cakes in the MMP

How about the chipotle chicken cups. I'm making those as one of the appetizers for my 3rd annual holiday open house tomorrow. They are so good, and easy.

ltkacz said:
How about the chipotle chicken cups. I'm making those as one of the appetizers for my 3rd annual holiday open house tomorrow. They are so good, and easy.

I love how the red and green look on these -- very festive. Plus, they are sooooo yummy!

Thanks for all the great ideas!! :chef: I was thinking...since I'm making 2 recipes, one should be my "A" recipe (ie demo recipe) and one should be my "B" recipe (ie, ready to go in oven, etc with little to no prep with guests), right?

And since the trifle bowl is on host special next month, should I go with a trifle for desert? And a stoneware app or something along those lines? (maybe the brie)

I love the idea of both the elegant artichoke cups and the chipotle chicken cups, but those are more of "A" recipes. If I chose to do those, do you have an easy "B" dessert recipe? I know that microwave cakes are easy (and showcase stoneware), but do they fit the "simple, easy, and elegant holiday dessert" criteria?

The chicken chipotle cups could easily be a B recipe. Just do the squirting with the sour cream and topping with cilantro at the show. When I served these at my open house, I had the EAD filled with sour cream and a prep bowl of snipped cilantro, and people did those steps themselves.

On a B dessert, I really think a trifle can be that if you have all the layers ready to go. All you'd have to do is layer them in. That really doesn't take much time at all. Again, make whatever the "cake/brownie" layer is in a stone ahead of time. It's so easy and so pretty!

1. What are some quick and easy appetizers that I can make for a holiday party?

Some quick and elegant appetizers that are perfect for a busy holiday season include:

• Mini phyllo cups filled with cream cheese and cranberry sauce
  • Caprese skewers with cherry tomatoes, mozzarella, and fresh basil
  • Prosciutto-wrapped melon bites
  • Crostini topped with goat cheese, fig jam, and prosciutto
  • Shrimp cocktail with a homemade cocktail sauce

2. Can you recommend any make-ahead appetizers that will save me time during the holidays?

Yes, there are many make-ahead options for appetizers that will save you time during the holidays. Some ideas include:

• Spinach and artichoke dip that can be made a day in advance and heated up before serving
  • Antipasto skewers that can be assembled the day before and kept in the fridge
  • Cheese platter with assorted cheeses, nuts, and dried fruits that can be prepared a day in advance
  • Stuffed mushrooms that can be assembled and refrigerated until ready to bake
  • Cold shrimp cocktail that can be made the day before and kept in the fridge until serving

3. Are there any elegant dessert options that I can make quickly for a holiday dinner party?

Absolutely! Some quick and elegant dessert ideas for a busy holiday season include:

• Chocolate-dipped strawberries with a sprinkle of sea salt
  • Mini fruit tarts with a pre-made pie crust and fresh fruit
  • Individual trifles made with layers of pound cake, whipped cream, and berries
  • Chocolate mousse cups with a dollop of whipped cream and chocolate shavings
  • Cranberry and white chocolate cookies

4. I have a lot of dietary restrictions to consider for my holiday party. Are there any options for appetizers and desserts that are gluten-free and/or vegan?

Yes, there are many options for gluten-free and vegan appetizers and desserts that are quick and elegant. Some examples include:

• Gluten-free crostini with hummus and roasted vegetables
  • Vegan avocado and cucumber sushi rolls
  • Gluten-free and vegan coconut macaroons
  • Roasted chickpeas with herbs and spices
  • Vegan chocolate truffles made with dates and nuts

5. Can you recommend any appetizers and desserts that are kid-friendly?

Of course! Some kid-friendly options for appetizers and desserts include:

• Pigs in a blanket with homemade or store-bought crescent roll dough
  • Mini grilled cheese sandwiches with a side of tomato soup for dipping
  • Fruit kabobs with a yogurt dip
  • Chocolate-dipped pretzel rods with festive sprinkles
  • Mini apple pies made with pre-made pie crust and apple pie filling

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Boomerjojo
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode