• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What questions do you ask...

TinasKitchen

Advanced Member
Feb 25, 2006
when someone says they are interested in becoming a consultant?

I do not know this person (she lives in a different state) so I will introduce myself.. then ask why she would like to give P.C. a try? or if she's ready to get started w/ the business?

Then I'll ask her how many shows she would like to do in 6-8 wks. What would she feel comfortable with? Ask her to get those lined up and then we can sign her up for her kit.

I will explain the training to her when she's ready to sign.

How does that sound? Can you tell this is my first recruit? lol I'm in my SS#1 so I have NO clue but basically am trying to remember what I was asked. My director is helping me out, but wanted your input as well.

Thanks

pamperedbecky

Legacy Member
May 6, 2005
Is she pretty familiar with PC? Ask her what interests her about it. Ask open ended questions to get an idea of where she's at. Sometimes to get a feel for where they're at, I'll ask "Would you like to know HOW to get started with PC or would you like to know WHY you should get started with PC?" Sometimes if they're ready to sign, you'll just want to go ahead and jump to that. Lots of people have already done their own research. You don't want to throw too much information at them if they already have a pretty good understanding of everything or if they'd get easily overwhelmed by too much information. I'd pretty much go at her pace. Do you have that recruiting binder with the insert pages? That's a perfect outline of things to review if she's wanting a good overview. Then encourage her to ask every question she can think of. If you can't answer a question, promise her you'll find out the answer and get back to her.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

TinasKitchen

Advanced Member
Feb 25, 2006
Hi Becky

Actually she was going to be a consultant years ago but it wasnt a good time b/c of her kids. She has so much P.C. stuff and knows so many people (bc of her daughters cheerleading) I told my best friend to ask her if she'd like to become a consultant. So she did and now the woman's interested! so I think basically she's willing to sign but I just want to be sure. I'm going to try to give her a call tonight.

I'll let you know how it goes..
:) Thanks