• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Understanding Show Qualifications: Sales vs. Orders

is having a catalog show and doesn't think she'll have many orders. She asks for ideas on who to ask, and Debbie has some advice on how to encourage her. Debbie also tells a story of her own experience with morning sickness, and how potato consumption helped her.
pampered_cari
I have a friend who is doing a catalog show for me and doesn't think she'll have very many orders. Does 5 orders count as a show or is it strictly $150 in sales now?

I'm so confused--I know this stuff but I just can't clear away the cobwebs to access the correct brain file drawer!! (dealing with a splitting headache and morning sickness while host coaching is not fun...but in 8 mos it'll be worth it! ;) ).

It's strictly $150 in orders now. In a different view, the average order (for me anyway) is $30-40 (before tax & s/h). To make up a $150 show, my host has to collect only 4-6 orders. That is not too hard! Give her some ideas on who to ask and pep talk her.. she can do it!

p.s. vanilla wafers & animal crackers did wonders for me in the 1st trimester. :p congrats! :D

$150 counts as show!It has gotten better for shows. It use to be you had to have at least 5 guests to have a show. Now with the layaway for cookware idea I saw on here, which I started this month and have one person so far, if they purchase at least $200 they will get host benefits of $10 FREE stuff, and it counts as a show with just one person. $150 is not that hard to achieve. Especially when you think that it's only 5 orders of $30 or 10 orders of $15. Either way it's easy to do. Neighbors, friends, family, brides to be, even mothers to be would love some new kitchen gadgets to get them in and out of the kitchen quickly. Well I hope she gets if for you.
P.S. Saltine crackers, bottled water, and lots of rest got me through my first trimester. Don't worry soon you will be eating for two, two giant men!! :p Just kidding. I had a very healthy appetite!! And a very healthy baby boy in Nov. of last year.
Debbie

Sorry I have to add my 2 cents worth. Fried potatoes, hash browns or french fries were my friends during my first trimester and I still lost 10 pounds. I don't know why, but if I ever felt sick or got sick I would eat some kind of fried potatoe and would feel so much better. Needless to say I lived at fast food during the first trimester. Good luck it is well worth it, my son will be 2 in may I can't believe how fast it goes by! :D

DebbieSAChef said:
if they purchase at least $200 they will get host benefits of $10 FREE stuff, and it counts as a show with just one person. $150 is not that hard to achieve.
Debbie

Can you clarify this? Whats with the $200 order if it only takes $150 to make it a show?
Say a random person wants the cookware (not associated with a show) - or whatever - for $150.xx
Do you submit this one person's order as a show by itself?

150.00 in sales makes it a show. However, for a catalog show host to get anything free they must have 200.00 in sales. With 150.00 they can get a discount, but nothing free.

Encourage big spenders to get orders!I have someone who put the new cookware set on layaway from me. She also added a rec baker and a large round stone. So her order was $271. I encouraged her to gather orders and make it a catalog show so she can get more than just $10 in FREE stuff. She is a very busy 19 year old who just got married. Her husbands in the military and she is alone now working to buy stuff for her new home for when he gets back.
If they just order the set alone or place a large order you can submit it as a catalog show! But yes it must be at least $200 for them to get anything FREE.
Debbie

HI
I see that the thread question has been answered but wanted to add my thoughts on the morning sickness thing...I found baked potatoes worked well for me...unfortunately I had the sickness for the first 6 months since I had twins in there...(much higher HCG pregnancy hormone going on with two) ha ha (I think anything high in Potassium worked for me at the time)

Also, those little pressure point wristbands you use for motion sickness helped out a little!!!! (get in the drug stores)

Good luck..they grow up fast...my twins are already 8!!! And I have an 11 year old, 13 yr.. and 16 yr....

Maybe I was just delirious and it wasn't really morning sickness at all back then!!!! ha ha (5 kids under the age of 7 at the time) ha ha

enjoy them!!!!
karlene Director in OHIO

What Qualifies as a Show?

A show is any event where a Pampered Chef consultant presents our products and shares recipes with a group of people. This can include in-home shows, virtual shows, bridal showers, fundraisers, and cooking classes.

What is the minimum order amount for a show?

The minimum order amount for a Pampered Chef show is $200. This can be a combination of individual orders from guests or a group order from the host.

Can I host a show if I don't have a large kitchen or cooking space?

Absolutely! Our consultants are trained to adapt to any space and can even do virtual shows if needed. As long as you have a place for guests to gather and watch the demonstration, you can host a show.

Do I have to attend the show in person?

No, you do not have to attend the show in person. Our consultants can do virtual shows through video conferencing platforms like Zoom. This allows you to still host a show and earn rewards without having to leave your home.

What are the benefits of hosting a show?

Hosting a show is a great way to earn free and discounted products, as well as connect with friends and family over delicious recipes. You will also have the opportunity to learn new cooking techniques and try out our high-quality kitchen tools. Plus, as a host, you can earn exclusive host rewards and discounts based on the sales from your show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Sheila
  • elizabethfox
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
elizabethfox
  • Candice
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies