• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Non-Kit Products Do You Use Most at Shows?

In summary, the big sellers for me are the MFP, the round covered baker, the flexible cutting mats, the kitchen spritzer, the salad choppers, the garlic peeler and slicer, and the cheese graters.
kdangel518
Gold Member
I am about to close out my Grand (re)Opening party tonight, and I'm trying to figure out what to order with my host benefits. I went inactive a little while back and missed the spring '11 and winter '11/'12 new products during that time, so there is a whole slew of new to me items.

I am going to get an additional food chopper (I bought the mini kit) since I use that 99% of the time at parties. It will be nice to not have to worry about whether mine is clean or the cover is on it etc.

What's up with the manual food processer? Do people really love it and use it? Does it demo well? I personally don't get it- but I haven't seen it in action. I just don't understand what you would do with that vs. the food chopper.

What else would you recommend? I'm pondering an additional DCB... but that would take up quite a bit of my host benefits lol. I want to maximize this!

DCB and now RCB

Deep Covered Baker, definitely.

I am just getting started too and here are things that I have gotten that have been big sellers from my limited PC collection: round covered baker, a santoku knife, flexible cutting mats, kitchen spritzer, salad choppers, garlic peeler and slicer, cheese graters. I haven't sold a MFP yet but love that it gives me another recipe when I'm making fajitas. Right now my go to recipes are the grilled chicken penne al fresco and the fajitas so at my GO show I made sure to get what I needed for both of those shows. Good luck!

The microplane coarse grater. And the dcb. And my 7" santoku f.c. knife. Flexible cutting mats. Kitchen shears.

Here's my thinking too on these products...you're new, have mostly just kit items. If you make the three cheese garden pizza, you NEED the coarse grater. And a knife that works best for you (maybe you're good with the 5" utility from the kit-it's too small for me). One cutting board is never enough. I use the flexibles to do the cheese onto then it's easy to transport. Also can slice the other veggies using the mandoline onto flexie, pick it up, dump in batter bowl. Easy.

If you add the lava cake to your demo, you need the dcb to cook it in, and I use the shears to open the bag of cake mix.

morgieloo88 said:
I am just getting started too and here are things that I have gotten that have been big sellers from my limited PC collection: round covered baker, a santoku knife, flexible cutting mats, kitchen spritzer, salad choppers, garlic peeler and slicer, cheese graters. I haven't sold a MFP yet but love that it gives me another recipe when I'm making fajitas. Right now my go to recipes are the grilled chicken penne al fresco and the fajitas so at my GO show I made sure to get what I needed for both of those shows. Good luck!

Oh yes, I completely forgot how much I have used my garlic peeler and slicer, santoku and flexible cutting mats (which are always huge sellers at my shows). I did the Grilled Chicken Penne al Fresco at all my shows my first 30 days. I always cooked the chicken in the DCB or RCB to show them how moist the chicken comes out from it (they are usually shocked) and just say that you can grilled the chicken on your grill pan or cook straight in the DCB.

Tool Turn About

Thanks friends. I was a consultant for 2 1/2 years before going inactive, so I do have a majority of those things (including about 1/2 the forged cutlery collection)- trying to determine what I may get 2nds of to keep one in my kit/one in my kitchen.

I am very glad I asked bc I could not for the life of me see what I could use the flexible cutting mats for- certainly not the food chopper! But you have all opened my eyes ;-)

MFC , Stanless mesh Colender ,Grilling basket , New Pizza pan QSP

The MFP is my #1 seller.

Stainless Steel Bowls...they are SO much lighter to carry!!

Maybe a piece of cookware?

Not thrilled with the MFP - but apparently I had a bum blade. Waiting on the replacement now, so we shall see. :)

MFP is nice because it does liquidy things, not just dry like Chopper. I also mention that since it requires no power, it's great for camping/rv'ing/the cabin.I sell lots of Handy Scrapers-I use them in place of Flexi Mats to pick up items.And definitely the Tool Turn About. And the bag. A Small Batter Bowl fits in the bottom of the bag, and the Chopper fits (upside down) in the middle section of the turner. Hope this helps :)

kdangel518 said:
What's up with the manual food processer? Do people really love it and use it? Does it demo well? I personally don't get it- but I haven't seen it in action. I just don't understand what you would do with that vs. the food chopper.

I HATE the food chopper but I LOVE the MFP!! I would say get the MFP instead of the FC. I thought the MFP was the dumbest idea when they came out with it, then I used it. It's great. Yes, there are a lot of things you can do with it that you use your FC for. If I had to buy one of them, I'd buy the MFP. I prefer to show the MFP at parties (it's more expensive...) and it's A LOT easier to clean. I find that mine is often in the dishwasher. This coming from the girl who thought it was stupid when I saw it and was totally underwhelmed by it...

I have used my food chopper MAYBE 10 times since I got my MFP. In fact, I have 2 MFP's because one is always in the dishwasher, and I needed to make sure I had one available for shows.

Much Much Much easier to clean, and not as many parts that could break. Plus, you can do more things, and larger quantities in lesser time with it. I LOVE that thing! One example: When my son had his tonsils out last summer, I froze apple juice in ice cube trays. Then, I could just take 2-3 ice cubes and pop them in the MFP and have an apple slushy for him in just seconds. Ahhhh...and then make pesto for dinner! :)

MFP is always a hit when I use it. You can do a fast easy salsa that everyone loves as a quick recipe. When I do a booth I take Graham crackers and let people try it out. I tell them if you ever did Graham cracker crumbs in a plastic bag with a rolling pin you know that it doesn't matter how good the baggie is you end up with crumbs everywhere! Since Mini-smore cups are one of my favorite recipes it gets a lot of use for that!

I would also say the professional shears,rice cooker for lava cakes and the ridged baker for bacon or chicken in the microwave :)

DCB with the spritzer, MFP and 5" santoku knife, and the mix and chop. I sell one at every show

What Non-Kit Products Do You Use Most at Shows?

1. What is the most popular non-kit product at shows?

Our most popular non-kit product at shows is our Quick Slice, which makes slicing fruits and vegetables a breeze.

2. Can non-kit products be purchased at shows?

Yes, all of our non-kit products are available for purchase at shows.

3. Are there any non-kit products that can be used for cooking?

Yes, we have a variety of non-kit products that can be used for cooking, such as our stoneware and cookware collections.

4. Are non-kit products covered under the same warranty as kit products?

Yes, all of our products, including non-kit products, are covered under our satisfaction guarantee and warranty.

5. Can non-kit products be personalized or monogrammed?

Unfortunately, at this time we do not offer personalization or monogramming for our non-kit products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kdangel518
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Jen1409
  • BethanyN
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • scrappergirl7