• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Mistakes Have You Made? X Post

In summary, the conversation is about a new member of Pampered Chef seeking advice from other members. They ask for tips and ideas, as well as mistakes made in the beginning and what they would do differently. One member shares their mistake of buying too many office supplies and another shares a recent mistake of mixing up recipes at a show. They both share how they handled the mistakes and the show still turned out successful.
Kate K
Hi,

I am new to Pampered Chef and this website is great! So many of you have posted great tips and ideas but I was wondering if some of you wouldn't mind posting about some of the mistakes you made in the beginning? I.E. demonstrating too many recipes, too many / too few bookings, business, mistakes, etc. Also, what would you have done differently when you first started? Thanks!

Kate

This message is cross posted.

One mistake I think I made when I started was buying too much office supply stuff like guest folders, pens, labels, etc... I remember spending my first 2 or 3 commission checks on stuff like that that is really not important.

What a dooozzzyyy!!WOW! Do I have a mistake for you! But it wasn't when I started...it was last night! I have been with the company for 3 years, so I have made a ton of mistakes. But, this one tops the cake. I packed for my show using my outline to pack for the cordon bleu melts and tangy bacon rollups. I got the show and asked the host to get all of the groceries out so we could make sure we had everything. Well the first thing she pulled out was tortillas...and I said hmmm.... :eek: then she pulled out chicken, salsa, bean dip and cheese...and I said HMMMMM! :confused: I told the host I didn't think we were making the same recipes. So I asked her what ones we were supposed to make...she said the family burrito and touchdown taco dip! My heart sank! :eek: You see, I had gotten last nights menu mixed up with tomorrows menu! And I was 140 miles from my house...so I couldn't just go get the correct products! Luckily, I pack standard products like the SS bowl, US&G, Food Chopper etc to all shows! The only products I didn't have were the egg slicer for olives and the citrus press! My host was all worried, and I told her not to worry because my motto was "fake it until you make it." :p She laughed at this but everything turned out great! And the show is over $1000 now so we must have done something right! Needless to say, I will now double and triple check my hosts selections!

1. What is the purpose of the "What Mistakes Have You Made?" X Post?

The purpose of the "What Mistakes Have You Made?" X Post is to encourage members of the Pampered Chef community to share their kitchen mishaps and mistakes with others in a supportive and non-judgmental environment. It allows members to learn from each other's experiences and possibly avoid making the same mistakes themselves.

2. Is it mandatory to share a mistake in the X Post?

No, it is not mandatory to share a mistake in the X Post. It is completely voluntary and up to each individual member to decide if they want to participate. However, we encourage members to share their mistakes as it can be beneficial for both the individual and the community as a whole.

3. Can I share multiple mistakes in the X Post?

Yes, you can share multiple mistakes in the X Post. There is no limit on the number of mistakes you can share. However, we recommend focusing on one mistake at a time to make it easier for others to follow and learn from.

4. Are there any guidelines for sharing mistakes in the X Post?

Yes, we ask that all members follow our community guidelines when sharing a mistake in the X Post. This includes being respectful towards others, avoiding any offensive or inappropriate language, and refraining from promoting or advertising any products or services. We also encourage members to provide details and tips on how they corrected or learned from their mistake.

5. Can I ask for advice on how to fix a mistake in the X Post?

Yes, the X Post is a great place to ask for advice on how to fix a mistake. However, we recommend first checking if anyone else has already shared a similar mistake and received helpful tips. If not, feel free to ask for advice and our community members will be happy to assist you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kate K
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
chefjulie_sc
  • dwyerkim
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
dwyerkim
  • cmdtrgd