• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Material is the New Carafe? Seeking Answers!

In summary, the new carafe is polished, chrome plated according to the catalog. It is bigger than the old one and holds more coffee.
pamperedharriet
Does anyone know if the new carafe is chrome or stainless steel. I don't know from all of the postings which it really is. The CN doesn't specify it either and am curious.

Thanks in advance.

It is polished, chrome plated according to the catalog.

dcypcar.chef said:
It is polished, chrome plated according to the catalog.

Yup, she is right! The catalog says:

"A double-wall, glass vacuum insulated liner maintains perfect temperature. the polished chrome-plated exterior adds a touch of elegance."

Last edited:
Can someone tell me the volume on the new one???

The mini catalog offers this as the discription:

".... A double-wall, glass vacuum insulated liner maintains perfect temperature. the polished chrome-plated exterior adds a touch of elegance. A built-in indicator lets you know what's inside, and a dripless spout keeps your tablecloth spot-free. 42 fl. oz."

Good!! I am glad to see that, at the very least, it's bigger than the old one!!

Thanks Desiree!!!

Thanks for the information. At least now I know that is chrome-plated. Also nice to hear that it holds more than the old with the big price change.

It looked and felt like plastic when I saw it at conference. I thought it was rather tacky.

Oh, Shari--that isn't good. I'd like to think for $64 it would better than plastic.

CarafeI have to agree. I was very disappointed with it. It felt just like plastic and I am afraid with will scratch and dent. For the price it is pretty tacky.

It look like a plastic container, like the current one, sprayed with chrome spray paint. They are pushing it as an "entertaining" piece and I think the current carafe is much nice and more elegant looking than the new one to use as an entertaining piece.

Sk8Mom209 said:
It looked and felt like plastic when I saw it at conference. I thought it was rather tacky.
I am sorry to say, I have to agree :(

Yep, the carafe is one of my favorite pieces (I use it daily) and I agree that the new one felt cheap. I don't think it looks as nice as the current carafe. Happy to see it holds more but otherwise unimpressed.

I also agree - When I saw the new one from a distance I thought it was beautiful, but was very dissapointed when I saw it in the product showcase room.:(. I would not spend the money for it.

Sk8Mom209 said:
I agree totally with you.

Cheap looking Carafe for a BIG PRICEI also agree that it felt like plastic and looked like it would scratch and dent easily:mad: I like the current much better!

Me too.I only got a chance to look at it quickly but it reminded me of those toy car bumbers. Yuck! Not to mention that the price alone is going to keep me from selling any anyway. I cater more to people who serve out of the pot. They have better things to spend their money on. So...

I agree too. For that price and the quality of all our other products - I think they missed the mark.

I am glad that the new one will be dripless! I always have to stick a napkin under it so it doesn't stain my table!

I have a customer who wants to know if this will keep her coffee hot all day?

She's pretty interested..and her husband is my boss so this can't be bad!

Anyone know?

My husband uses the new one at work. If he has coffee left at the end of a Friday, it's still warm Monday morning when he comes in!!! That ought to clinch the deal for her!!!

wow! Thats amazing..I'll be sure to tell her that!

Thanks!

I know we might not sell many at $64 (I haven't) but I took it as a 1/2 price item on my OH last month. It was not so bad for $32. Especially when coffee pots w/thermal carafes are $100+. I bought a coffee pot for $30 and this for $32. What a deal!

When it is full, it feels like the price. I can't imagine if it were heavy when empty! So, that could be a selling point!

Thank god for this thread. I was going to get that for my grandma for christmas. Through the sample thingy on the website. Holy Cow, I am not going to buy it now. Spend it on something I know is GREAT! ;) Thanks!

Shari:
Sk8Mom209 said:

I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!!! How did you get that one???

Liz

Oh my gosh you guys... I used the Carafe for a holiday party this week and it got all KINDS of "oooh" and "ahhhh"s!! It doesnt get hot to the touch on the outside, so it feels "lighter" in weight, but oh my - that coffee stayed HOT -- STEAMING HOT for over 12 hours. I was absolutely amazed. Even the NEXT NIGHT it was still warm enough to drink.

Held a whole pot of coffee with room for more. I love how you can turn the dial to say "coffee" or "hot water". I want another one that I can use for hot tea or hot chocolate for parties.
I have even put ice water in it to keep it cold all day.

Seriously impressed. And, it's beautiful when it's out and being used to serve... it's very shiny and pretty. Definately an eye catcher every time I've brought it to fairs and things. ;)

Laura,

I am so glad to hear you say that! A good friend of mine ordered one for a fundraiser I was doing and I almost talked her out of it because of all the negative feedback about it, but I didn't because it was such a good sale for the fundraiser. I was very worried that she would hate it, but now am feeling a little better about it, LOL!

I do think it is an eye catcher. If I made coffee by the pot, I might invest in one.

Love+
Rachel

I love mine!

I have a customer who says that her carafe only keeps her coffee warm for 4 hours. She is wondering if she is doing something wrong, and is having trouble with some sort of spout piece that comes with it.

Any advice? Or maybe her carafe is defective?

The spout piece is separate and should lay down inbetween the main piece and the top. I have had hot chocolate stay steaming hot for over 12 hours. Maybe she isn't completely closing it? Also, she needs to heat or cool the main part by putting either hot or cold water in it before the beverage. So, if I wanted to keep my hot chocolate hot, while I am making it, the carafe is filled with hot tap water with the lid on. I take off the lid and pour out the hot water and then in the hot chocolate and put the lid back on. HTH

Pre-heating or chilling the carafe definitely helps.

I always fill mine with water from my hot water tap before filling it to bring the inside temp. up.
I did my host appreciation brunch Sat. I filled it at 8 AM with hot water so they could make flavored hot tea if they weren't coffee drinkers. I dumped it this morning (Monday)it was still hot enough for a cup of tea.
I don't think not having it warm makes it defective, maybe her coffee wasn't as hot when she added it?
Teresa

Wow 12 hrs???

I am more impressed after getting it. Reading everything on here in early fall, everyone made it sound cheap. Now, I wouldn't have pd $64 for it, but there's a lot of PC stuff I wouldn't/couldn't pay full price for.

Yeah, it's chrome plated, but looks nice enough no one knows. And a silver one would probably be heavy!

My spout liner or whatever you call it falls out from time to time. I try to make sure it's in good when I put the lid on.

I used it for the first time tonight at my cluster meeting. Ended up spilling coffee all over the floor. I had to check the bottom to see if it was TPC because I was shocked it poured so poorly. I'll wait until it is on special if I get one.

Did you have the pour spout in and the lid on tight. You can't pour unless you press on the lever when the spout and lid are on correct.

I have no idea :S

lizcooks4u said:
I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!!! How did you get that one???

Liz
My avatar is a download from animationfactory.com

Hi
I had a client who ordered the carafe and was very disappointed because it barely kept the coffe hot after 3 hours. She pre heated it and everything. So I took it and tested it against the old one. My other friend has this old one and swears by it that the coffe stays hot for over 24 hours soooo. I tested the bothe of them and 5 hours later when I was serving my company the coffee from the silver carafe was lukewarm and the coffee from the old one totally scorched my lips and tongue. Maybe its a dud. I'll exchange it for her and see if that makes a difference I was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same?
Liz
Consultant in Sudbury Ontario Canada

Sk8Mom209 said:

I thought so too (at conference), but just this week a guest at a fundraiser ordered one and I was soooo impressed with it I did order myself one, at half price.

Last edited:

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lizdpamperedchef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
4kids4me
  • DebbieJ
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
DebbieJ