• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Choosing Tequila for Slap 'yo Mama Margaritas

In summary, for the best Slap 'yo Mama Margaritas, it is recommended to use a 100% agave tequila, such as blanco, reposado, or añejo. Look for the words "100% agave" on the label to ensure the tequila is pure. While it is not necessary to use a premium tequila, it can enhance the flavor of the drink. The difference between blanco, reposado, and añejo tequila lies in their aging process, resulting in varying flavors. Ultimately, the type of tequila used is a matter of personal preference, so feel free to experiment with different types and brands to find your favorite.
krahema
Sorry - another margarita question! Now that I've decided on the Slap 'yo Mama Margarita's for tomorrow night's party, what kind of tequila do you all use? I'm not a tequila drinker, so I have no idea if I can "skimp" on this or not - there were price ranges of everything from $10/Ltr - $35/Ltr.

A few that I saw:

Montezuma $11.79 (silver or gold)
Pepe Lopez $14.59 (gold)
Sauza Gold $15.99

Any suggestions?

Montezuma works just fine.

With all the things you are mixing together, any brand will do. :D

Patron is the best, IMO, b/c you can't taste it at all, but that can cause problems!! It's also one of the most expensive ones, which is why I usually use Cuervo :)

Yes, my tequila-snob DH would say only Patron is good enough. That, or Cabo Wabo. But, then again, you're not catering to him, nor is he paying for the booze :D

Cathy - you are funny! I was thinking the same thing, but it would be a waste in a margarita! Go for the cheap stuff in margaritas - Patron is for doing smoooth shot! :) My husband is Hispanic and his whole family loves Patron!

Thanks for everyone's responses - you guys are a great help:chef:

I think I'm going to "cheap out" (I hate the word "cheap"!) and go with the Montezuma & then I'll listen to the feedback from the guests & hosts on what they think of the drink. I'm KU'd right now, so I'm limited to a teeny taste - my husband said I can have a shotglass full!

1. What type of tequila should I use for Slap 'yo Mama Margaritas?

For the best flavor, it is recommended to use a 100% agave tequila. Blanco (or silver) tequila is the most commonly used type for margaritas, but reposado or añejo can also add unique flavors.

2. How do I know if a tequila is 100% agave?

Look for the words "100% agave" or "100% blue agave" on the label. If it doesn't specify, it may be a mixto tequila, which is made with at least 51% agave and other sugars.

3. Should I use a premium tequila for Slap 'yo Mama Margaritas?

It is not necessary to use a premium tequila for margaritas, but using a higher quality tequila can enhance the flavor and overall experience of the drink.

4. What is the difference between blanco, reposado, and añejo tequila?

Blanco tequila is unaged and has a pure, fresh agave flavor. Reposado tequila is aged for at least 2 months in oak barrels, giving it a slightly smoother taste and some hints of oak. Añejo tequila is aged for at least a year, resulting in a more complex and smoother flavor.

5. Can I use any type of tequila for Slap 'yo Mama Margaritas?

While it is recommended to use a 100% agave tequila, ultimately, the type of tequila used is a matter of personal preference. Experiment with different types and brands to find the one that you enjoy the most in your margaritas.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• melindagilbert
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • krahema
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
Back