• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Seasoning for Chicken in a Strawberry Spinach Salad - DCB Recipe

In summary, my host next Monday has requested the Strawberry Spinach Salad, but she would like to add chicken to it - what kind of seasoning would you add to the chicken? Rosemary Herb - love it!i've seen recipes for strawberries and reduced balsamic vinegar, so maybe you can season the chicken with that?
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
My host next Monday has requested the Strawberry Spinach Salad, but she would like to add chicken to it - what kind of seasoning would you add to the chicken?

I'll most likely do the chicken in the DCB.....

Salt/ Pepper?? I don't know that I would put a seasoning on it..... :chef:

Rosemary Herb - love it!

i've seen recipes for strawberries and reduced balsamic vinegar, so maybe you can season the chicken with that?

You could grill it in the grill pan, how about marinading it with some white wine vinegar and lemon juice or just the lemon juice...OR you could make up your salad dressing and use some of it to marinade the chicken in then keep the flavor for the chicken simple salt/pepper. I am guessing you are talking about Strawberry Spinach Salad with lemon poppyseed dressing???

I just made up the Mojito Chicken Salad and I think next time rather than add some of the dressing to the chicken while cooking I will do one of two things: marinade in the salad dressing (small amount) beforehand -OR- after the chicken is done cooking, rested and sliced let it sit in the salad dressing until time to dress the salad.

pamperedlinda said:
Rosemary Herb - love it!

I agree with Linda (that happnes a lot...)

Broiler MarinadeThis is one of my favorites for meat that will be paired with fruit. It is wonderful with beef. I love it for Portabello mushroom. It is a great choice for chicken. It got rave reviews at the resort and is so easy it is almost scary. Just bake it on a good sheet pan then broil the last 5 minutes.

1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2T honey
2T fresh pressed garlic
1/4 cup olive oil
1 T thyme
2tsp fresh cracked pepper

Combine ingredients and put 1-2 lbs of meat in ziplock with marinade overnight. (If using on mushrooms, grill right away!)

Chef Stephanie Petersen said:
This is one of my favorites for meat that will be paired with fruit. It is wonderful with beef. I love it for Portabello mushroom. It is a great choice for chicken. It got rave reviews at the resort and is so easy it is almost scary. Just bake it on a good sheet pan then broil the last 5 minutes.

1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2T honey
2T fresh pressed garlic
1/4 cup olive oil
1 T thyme
2tsp fresh cracked pepper

Combine ingredients and put 1-2 lbs of meat in ziplock with marinade overnight. (If using on mushrooms, grill right away!)

That sounds like my favorite steak marinade, except for the thyme. I'll have to add some thyme try that out. Hmmm, maybe we'll have to have steak on the Grill tomorrow!:chef:

What Kind of Seasoning?

1. What kind of seasoning do you recommend for chicken dishes?

We recommend our Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend for chicken dishes. It adds a delicious savory flavor to any chicken recipe.

2. What type of seasoning is best for grilled meats?

Our Sweet & Smoky BBQ Rub is perfect for grilled meats. It adds a smoky sweetness to any cut of meat.

3. Is there a seasoning that works well for roasted vegetables?

Our All-Purpose Dill Mix is great for roasted vegetables. The dill adds a tasty herb flavor that pairs well with a variety of veggies.

4. Can you recommend a seasoning for seafood dishes?

We suggest our Lemon Pepper Seasoning Blend for seafood dishes. It adds a zesty citrus flavor that complements any type of seafood.

5. Is there a specific seasoning that works well for pasta dishes?

Our Italian Seasoning Blend is perfect for pasta dishes. It combines classic Italian herbs like basil, oregano, and thyme for a flavorful addition to any pasta dish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BeckyC5830
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
LeslieSGI
  • kdangel518
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kdangel518
  • stefani2