• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Is Your Most Successful Recruiting Strategy?

In summary, the steps that have worked best for signing new consultants are: 1) stepping out of your comfort zone and just asking; 2) when you want to recruit again, forgetting how; and 3) flattery. Words of wisdom that have worked better than others include: 1) listening to the mom's situation and what they need and want; and 2) being sympathetic to their situation and sharing what the business opportunity is.
AJPratt
Silver Member
What are the steps you have taken that worked best for signing new consultants?

Stepping out of my comfort zone and just asking has helped a lot. When I moved I was just concentrating on getting bookings and stopped recruiting. When I wanted to recruit again I had forgotten how. I asked 3 people who I never in my wildest dreams would have thought would be interested and they were, hopefully signing in May. So, just asking is a big one. Then flattery really works...I find that if I call up the mom's that were guests at the show and tell them that it was nice to talk to them and I think that they would be really great at what I do, they love this and feel very flattered that someone thinks of them this way and it has worked well (granted I have only done that 4 times, but out of those 4 I signed 3).

I would love to hear what some of the great directors on here say too!

Andrea, that is something I could do! What do you usually say after that? Any words of wisdom that work better than others?

You know, it really depends on their response. It's usually "Oh, I don't know, I don't think I could do that", then I would ask why they think they couldn't (I don't have the time, I'm too busy, I don't know if I could speak in front of people are some responses)...I try to get as much information so that I can tell them how our job is great for just that.

I usually get the mom's attention when I talk about how their hubby works and goes and plays golf (or whatever he likes to do...I usually ask what the DH does for himself) and how she doesn't do anything for herself. Like me, these mom's are usually on a budget from the hubby and with TPC she can have her hobby, her "me time", earn free products and can through the budget out the window because she can make her own budget now. If there is a new car she wants then she can tailor the business to be able to make a car payment each month, or shoes or whatever she would like to have that she doesn't now. And, wouldn't it be great to take the family on a vacation that she earned all by herself!

HTH, these are just a smattering of what pops into my mind...my biggest advice is be sympathetic to her situation and really listen to what she needs and wants and go from there.

Well.....Because I was a PC consultant a few years ago, I still had my apron stored in the closet. When I signed up again, of course I got a new apron with my new kit. At my shows I like to get a volunteer from the "audience" and the first thing I do is show how the apron is adjustable and one size fits all...just like our business. Then my volunteer will actually prepare the recipe for me while I instruct them on what to do and talk about the products. By the end of the show my volunteer is really thinking about the business opportunity and has had such a great time "playing consultant" that it's easy to just come right out and ask.
I have two very strong recruit leads at the moment. :D

Hey, Barb... How do you decide who "volunteers" to help at your show?

I drop lines through my show about the business, or what tools I got with my Starter Kit, and then I pass around a bag of the twix-it-clilps and have them ask questions (set a timer for 2-3 minutes). Whoever had the clips when the timer goes off keeps them, and I usually get a lot of interest at checkout time when I ask if they are interested!

I am in my 5th month, signed one last month and 2 this month so far!

I am doing a show in June for a bunch of homeschooling moms with kids and I am really excited about the recruiting possiilities. I haven't been recruiting since I have been doing mainly business shows and I was afraid to recruit right in front of thier bosses. I am really ready to start building my team and sharing what a wonderful opportunity this is!

OK... So I have to share this. My director just passed on survey slips that someone made up. Instead of yes or no answers, it has "On a scale of one to ten" questions. I had two people select "8" and above for: On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being most), does earning $20 hour to start and free trips and products interest you? 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
:eek:

Last edited:
Wow Anne, that is awesome...so are you going to just leave us hanging or are you going to post the slips here?

Sorry it took so long to respond! The email notices stopped working for me once I signed up, so if you don't hear from me, please drop an email of a private message. The booking one is great! I got one for June from my last show, and the scale is great, too.

Here are the slips:

Attachments

• DoorPrize 050106.doc
    45.5 KB · Views: 496
Excuses, Excuses ;)

Thank you for posting Anne!!

AJPratt said:
Hey, Barb... How do you decide who "volunteers" to help at your show?

In host coaching I will ask the host about her interest in the opportunity. If she's not interested, I can usually find someone in the audience who is interested just by saying, "I need a volunteer to help me tonight." Someone always raises their hand.

I just signed my first recruit and I've got a show coming up this Friday and the host has already said she wants to sign up. How I got her interested was not at a show but she had asked me if I new anyone who needed a babysitter so she could earn extra money. So, when we booked her show I talked to her a little about the opportunity and then invited her for coffee so we could go into more detail and I could answer questions. It was a lovely visit and I felt she wasn't really interested because she left me to go visit with one of her friends who does a home party business selling intimate things. I figured she was more interested in that. Well, when I spoke with her yesterday about her show on Friday I asked her if she had spoken with her husband about PC and what they thought. She told me that when her husband found out she only had to spend $50 to start he said go for it! The other home party business was a $1000 start up! :eek:

I think the best thing any of us can do is to be excited about what we do. Our excitement will spill over and get others hooked. ;)

barbchan said:
II think the best thing any of us can do is to be excited about what we do. Our excitement will spill over and get others hooked. ;)

Well I certainley AM excited about this! I was at a cluster meeting and another consultants sister started to sell jewelry. The start up cost was $2500.:eek:

Andrea::p

It's amazing to think how much other businesses can cost to get started when all we have to do is shell out $50-$90 and then enjoy all the free stuff and all the paychecks too! :D It's just a win-win situation!

I have to say that PC is the best all around: host benefits, pay, sign up, you all know, I don't have to tell you!

I think those prize slips will help with my follow up. They already said their interested, and now I know how much they are, so I can call and follow up instead of calling and throwing the question out. Although, giving them a compliment about them being good at this will also help.

1. What is a recruiting strategy?

A recruiting strategy is a plan or approach used by a company or organization to attract and hire top talent for their open positions. It outlines the steps and methods that will be taken to identify, engage, and ultimately hire the best candidates for a specific role or for the company as a whole.

2. Why is having a successful recruiting strategy important?

A successful recruiting strategy is important because it helps a company attract and retain top talent, which is crucial for business growth and success. It also ensures that the company is hiring the right people for the right roles, leading to higher productivity, employee satisfaction, and overall company performance.

3. What are some common components of a successful recruiting strategy?

Some common components of a successful recruiting strategy include identifying the target candidate pool, creating a compelling employer brand, utilizing multiple recruiting channels, implementing an efficient hiring process, and continuously evaluating and improving the strategy based on data and feedback.

4. How can a company measure the success of their recruiting strategy?

A company can measure the success of their recruiting strategy by tracking metrics such as time-to-fill, cost-per-hire, offer acceptance rate, and employee retention rate. They can also gather feedback from both the hiring team and new hires to assess the effectiveness of the strategy and make necessary adjustments.

5. What are some examples of successful recruiting strategies?

Some examples of successful recruiting strategies include employee referrals, social media recruiting, attending job fairs and networking events, utilizing recruitment agencies, and implementing diversity and inclusion initiatives. It can also vary based on the industry, company size, and specific hiring needs of the organization.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AJPratt
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • Sheila
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Admin Greg