• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's Your Creative Gift? How Can You Make Gift Giving Cheap and Hilarious?

In summary, people usually give old Season's Best items, like a citrus peeler, or a QK. Sometimes they give a recipe card, but usually they give a Twixit Clip.
pamperedape
I got the Nancy's "Bring a friend, get a gift!" stamp and am wondering what you all give them?? I want to be cheap!

the citrus peeler

an old seasons best that i got from conference ( i have about 15 of the same version) and im so generous, i give on to the person and one to the guest. lol

Either an old SB, citrus peeler, or a QK. I am thinking of going even cheaper and giving a Twixit!

One of those recipe cards we can buy by the pack. I have a fairly substantial collection of these.

Wow, you guys are nice! I was thinking RECIPE CARD!!! HAHA!!

YES Friday!!!

I do recipe cards usually...sometimes a Season's Best.

ljeffries said:
Either an old SB, citrus peeler, or a QK. I am thinking of going even cheaper and giving a Twixit!
You may have something there because the old SB are VALUABLE COLLECTORS ITEMS!! I give an old one away when I want people to HOST a show and I tell them that I will give it to them at their show (I get everyone in attendance to sign it and write a note on it.) They love that.

Just remember - whatever you give, make sure you have your sticker on it!

I've been giving Twixits for the last year and it is SUCH a money saver. I used to have a big basket of "giveaway" items (Quikut paring knives, set of 2 twixits, set of 2 nylon pan scrapers, citrus peelers, mini-whippers, bamboo tongs, etc). It got pretty expensive, and it was a pain to hand out, b/c people would always sit there trying to decide what they wanted. Now, I just buy a bunch of twixits in the beginning of the season, and fill one of those twixit clip containers (from supply) with them, so they can see the colors. When I start, I thank them all for coming and ask who brought a friend. Whoever raises their hand gets one, as welll as the friend. I then ask who has never been to a PC show, when they raise their hands, I call them "PC virgins" (gets a good laugh) and they get a twixit. Then, I give them out throughout the demo to anyone who helps me with anything. I give out quite a few during the night, but it's a fun motivator - people love something for free - and it doesn't cost me an arm and a leg. Now, they order the stuff I used to give out for free, and they order more twixits, too!! HTH! :) Oh, and for the host, I give a SB and an iSlice.

janetupnorth said:
I do recipe cards usually...sometimes a Season's Best.

Oooh - that's a good idea, too! I have a ton of old ones I should start giving out! Thanks, Janet!

cathyskitchen said:
Now, I just buy a bunch of twixits in the beginning of the season, and fill one of those twixit clip containers (from supply) with them, so they can see the colors.

I use twixits but put them in the 1.5 qt exec saucepan. That way I can talk about cookware again. I always get their attention when I pick up the saucepan while saying "I have a little gift for you"...their eyes get big thinking I'm giving away cookware. Everyone laughs and I say that PC pays well by not THAT well for me to give away cookware. I get to sprinkle in some recuiting seeds and booking seeds ("I'm not giving you the cookware but you can get it 60% off this month when you host a show.")

At first I worried that people would think a twixit was a sorry gift but everyone loves them!

I do the "signed" Season's Best for the host. They seem to like that. The funny thing is I have rarely ever had anyone buy a Season's Best on a show...even when I say it is a GREAT deal 30+ recipes for only a buck! So I buy some each season and use them for the host. I find like others that when season's change, people SUDDENLY realize they didn't order one all last season so I give away a past season one at a show...it seems to be rewarding to them and doesn't cost me much at all!

Free giftI started giving a coupon that reads:

Thank you for coming! As a thank you gift please accept one of the following for helping the hostess reach her goal:

FREE Season's best with order
or
FREE shipping with $60 or more order
or
FREE cooking show at your home!

I haven't had a guest this year come and not place an order!! I used to give a free gift sometimes and they would just leave with their citrus peeler or SB and then come to other shows for FREE stuff and not order stuff. It was shameful. Now with this coupon, I make sure they understand that this is a party to order something. Not that I am forcing everyone to order at all my shows with my forged cutlery at the exit, LOL
but I want people to know I am generous to my CUSTOMERS. Not freeloaders! LOL :D

Debbie :D

DebbieSAChef said:
I started giving a coupon that reads:

Thank you for coming! As a thank you gift please accept one of the following for helping the hostess reach her goal:

or
or

I haven't had a guest this year come and not place an order!! I used to give a free gift sometimes and they would just leave with their citrus peeler or SB and then come to other shows for FREE stuff and not order stuff. It was shameful. Now with this coupon, I make sure they understand that this is a party to order something. Not that I am forcing everyone to order at all my shows with my forged cutlery at the exit, LOL
but I want people to know I am generous to my CUSTOMERS. Not freeloaders! LOL :D

Good one! It's a win, win!! Especially now that there has been no gift with purchase this would help a lot. Do you have a copy of the coupon?

GeorgiaPeach said:
I use twixits but put them in the 1.5 qt exec saucepan. That way I can talk about cookware again. I always get their attention when I pick up the saucepan while saying "I have a little gift for you"...their eyes get big thinking I'm giving away cookware. Everyone laughs and I say that PC pays well by not THAT well for me to give away cookware. I get to sprinkle in some recuiting seeds and booking seeds ("I'm not giving you the cookware but you can get it 60% off this month when you host a show.")

At first I worried that people would think a twixit was a sorry gift but everyone loves them!

I think this is a great idea. As I was reading from Lamar, I think I might get some of those small bags and put my label on it so they have my info (again). I like the idea of putting them in the piece of cookware to be able to talk about it one more time.

Every one gets a recipe card at the end of the show but I could use getting rid of some old ones so I could do those too. I do the pile method at the end of the show so every one will get one.

DebbieSAChef said:

or
or

By free cooking show do you mean you provide all of the ingredients? If you do this at every show wouldn't you always have to buy the ingredients?

I give the citurs peeler or the twixit clips for my "PC Virgins" and I give a set of recipe cards to those who brought a friend and their friend, tied in a ribbon.

I give an old Season's Best with a sticker inside that reads "Compliments of your Pampered Chef Director & Trainer..." followed by my information.

I used to give a Twixit and then had a host about 2 years ago who is also a good friend of mine, gently tell me she overheard her guests fussing that it was a cheap gift (ouch).
So, now at NC I get old SB's from the surprise boxes and use those...and each season I stock up on SBs to save for down the road...

I have an extra small batter bowl that I keep everything in. I have a mixture of recipe cards, scrapers, citrus peelers, quik-kut paring knives, twix-its and I just let them choose. You would be surprised how many people pick the recipe cards and they are the cheapest things in there by far!

I let the guest & their friend pick either a pan scraper or twixit from the stainless mixing bowl. I have curling ribbon tied in the thumb hole. I give either a SB or Mini-spatula as my door prize. I give the host one SA small bowl with 1 packet of Chipotle ranch & 1 mini bamboo spoon all tied in a bag with curling ribbon. I also give gifts for booking one of my next 4-5 dates...citrus peeler, bamboo tongs, miniwhipper, qkparing knife...slips are in a plastic easter egg & they choose one egg when they pick that date. Then they get that prize. I average 1 booking for them & then others for later dates. I offer all guests at checkout recipe cards. I make sure my info is on them.

I give both the "guest" and the person she brings $1 off of their shipping.

No
Addie4TLC said:
By free cooking show do you mean you provide all of the ingredients? If you do this at every show wouldn't you always have to buy the ingredients?

I do this as a hobby, so at most I will have 2-3 shows a month and at the end of the year I keep my receipts and write it off anyway. But for the most part most of my shows are not freebies. People can only take advantage of this at some shows, not all. I sometimes don't offer this exact coupon unless I am hard up for shows!! Which at the moment I am! But other times it reads with the top two offers and at the bottom it says:
Book a show and get a FREE gift at your show! Which is usually something extra I have in the garage or maybe something on sale that month (like the cookbooks).

Besides I only provide the ingredients for the main dish, which is usually a braid, ring or wreath. I wish my hosts were more creative!! :rolleyes:
Which I can make in my sleep and I bring ingredients from home (I buy in bulk) so it's really cheap for me.

Here you go!!
Addie4TLC said:
Good one! It's a win, win!! Especially now that there has been no gift with purchase this would help a lot. Do you have a copy of the coupon?

I am attaching a copy. This happens to be the same format for my personal gift certificates also. And I have one showing the offer for FREE cooking show and the other for a FREE gift at her show!

Won't let me attachIt won't let me attach so I will just send it to your personal email Adriana. Let me know if you get it and feel free to use it if you want to.

DebbieSAChef--
I would love to see your coupon also, if you don't mind!
It sounds like a great idea and I'm just not creative enough to come up with anything like that on my own!!LOL! Could you also send a copy to me? Thanks!

DebbieSAChef said:
I
Besides I only provide the ingredients for the main dish, which is usually a braid, ring or wreath. I wish my hosts were more creative!! :rolleyes:
Which I can make in my sleep and I bring ingredients from home (I buy in bulk) so it's really cheap for me.

You decide the recipe options. I choose a few (easy)recipes from the SB & that is what my hosts choose from.

DebbieSAChef said:

or
or

I love, love, love this idea Debbie!! :thumbup: Thanks for sharing the idea. If you don't mind, would you share the coupon too?

Thanks!!!

DebbieSAChef said:
It won't let me attach so I will just send it to your personal email Adriana. Let me know if you get it and feel free to use it if you want to.

Debbie- can I have a copy too? I love your idea.

[email protected]

Thank you!

My free gift is the seasons best cookbook

Debbie,

Could I get a copy of your coupon, please?

Thanks,

Tracy

vwpamperedchef said:
an old seasons best that i got from conference ( i have about 15 of the same version) and im so generous, i give on to the person and one to the guest. lol

Me too!! :D :D

dannyzmom said:
I give an old Season's Best with a sticker inside that reads "Compliments of your Pampered Chef Director & Trainer..." followed by my information.

I used to give a Twixit and then had a host about 2 years ago who is also a good friend of mine, gently tell me she overheard her guests fussing that it was a cheap gift (ouch).So, now at NC I get old SB's from the surprise boxes and use those...and each season I stock up on SBs to save for down the road...

As a customer, I used to think that the Twixits were dumb and cheap...I actually threw them away!

Now that I actually use them, I am addicted! I think I use about one package per season...they always seem to "walk off" somewhere and I run low! I even tell them that when I give them as a gift (If its the large one, I only give one...if it's the small or med one I give two) and explain all of the things that I use them on! This gets them excited, and I normally sell at least one package of them per show. (Especially when one of the guests chimes in how much they love them!)

I have a basket full of goodies, citurs peelers, Season's Best, little bottles of the PC lotion, and other little things. I let them pick whatever they want from the basket.

Donna

I give a choice of mini-spatula, mini-whisk, quickut knife, or Season's Best if they've placed an order.
They love the agony of choosing.

And, hopefully, remember me.

I give them a SBRC...hopefully the old one, so they can still buy the new one!
I give anyone who's never been to a pc show a twixit clip.
and everyone gets a recipe card after i figure their receipt..

I have the WS small basket that was the conference gift two years ago for having 2 shows and going to conference...That is my doorprize basket.
I usually just give it to them and let them pick.

I wish home office would add to the cheapy door prizes we can choose from.
No one seems to want the citrus peeler. the bamboo tongs are gone....
I got the small bamboo spoons, and opened one pack, and BOTH were gone at the first show...(two games - a lot of guest - two winners...both were gone!!!:eek:

stacywhitlow said:
I let the guest & their friend pick either a pan scraper or twixit from the stainless mixing bowl. I have curling ribbon tied in the thumb hole. I give either a SB or Mini-spatula as my door prize. I give the host one SA small bowl with 1 packet of Chipotle ranch & 1 mini bamboo spoon all tied in a bag with curling ribbon. I also give gifts for booking one of my next 4-5 dates...citrus peeler, bamboo tongs, miniwhipper, qkparing knife...slips are in a plastic easter egg & they choose one egg when they pick that date. Then they get that prize. I average 1 booking for them & then others for later dates. I offer all guests at checkout recipe cards. I make sure my info is on them.

This is a GREAT idea. I really like your gift to the hosts too!! Do you use the colored ones or just the white??

supply expenses...Hi I am new here, been with PC for a year but not really given it my "all". NOw that we have a new baby and new expenses, I need to start making money. How much do you all spend on a show- postage, door prizes, copies, etc.?

microsoft worksHello Ladies,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. With homeschooling it's been a little hectic but going better. I have posted another thread on here so please take a look if you can offer me advice on dyslexia for my daughter!!

Ok the coupon was made on my microsoft works software. I cannot change it into a word document. If you have microsoft works, you can view it. IF not you can't. So let me know if you have it and I can email it to you today. If anyone can convert it to Word, that would be GREAT!!

Here you go Debbie!This is Debbie's coupon converted to Word. I have two shows this week that I am going to try it out on and I'll let you know the results - I especially like the wording "thank you for helping the hostess meet her goal"....it just seems like a nice way to say it and I think the guests will like that! :thumbup:

Attachments

• PC coupon free gift.doc
    1.9 MB · Views: 560
I really like that coupon!

Debbie, do you buy the SB through supplies or do you purchase it under the host discount at the show?

I LOVE this coupon!! Wow! the things you can pick up by chatting with other consultants!

supplies
RossDeb2 said:
Debbie, do you buy the SB through supplies or do you purchase it under the host discount at the show?

Through supplies!

THANK YOU CINDY FOR CONVERTING THAT!!!

Usually SB. I got some old ones off here and Ebay (shhhh!). I host shows of my own and usually I get my free gifts with the FPV.

I also buy things that I see on clearance that I think would make good prizes too. I loaded up on note pads at our Dollar Store. During Christmas and other holidays I have gotten dish towels and stuff to use too.

<h2>1. What is "What's Your Creative Gift" and how can it help with gift giving?</h2><p>"What's Your Creative Gift" is a feature on the Pampered Chef website that helps you come up with unique and personalized gift ideas for your friends and family. It offers suggestions based on their interests and preferences, making gift giving easier and more meaningful.</p><h2>2. How can I make gift giving cheap and hilarious?</h2><p>One way to make gift giving cheap and hilarious is to get creative with DIY gifts. You can make personalized mugs, candles, or even baked goods that are both inexpensive and funny. Another option is to do a white elephant gift exchange with a group of friends, where you can find quirky and funny items at thrift stores or dollar stores.</p><h2>3. I received the Nancy's "Bring a friend, get a gift!" stamp. What do I give my friend as a gift?</h2><p>There are many options for what you can give your friend as a gift with the Nancy's stamp. Some ideas include a small kitchen gadget, a set of recipe cards, or a sample of one of our popular products. You can also get creative and make a homemade gift, such as a jar of homemade spice mix or a set of hand-stamped kitchen towels.</p><h2>4. How can I be cheap when it comes to gift giving?</h2><p>One way to be cheap with gift giving is to set a budget for each person and stick to it. You can also look for deals and discounts, such as using coupons or shopping during sales. Additionally, consider making homemade gifts or giving experiences instead of physical items, which can often be more cost-effective.</p><h2>5. How can I make gift giving hilarious?</h2><p>To make gift giving hilarious, think outside the box and choose gifts that will make the recipient laugh. You can also incorporate inside jokes or funny memories into the gift. Another idea is to give a gift that is unexpected or unconventional, such as a novelty item or a quirky piece of decor.</p>

1. What is "What's Your Creative Gift" and how can it help with gift giving?

"What's Your Creative Gift" is a feature on the Pampered Chef website that helps you come up with unique and personalized gift ideas for your friends and family. It offers suggestions based on their interests and preferences, making gift giving easier and more meaningful.

2. How can I make gift giving cheap and hilarious?

One way to make gift giving cheap and hilarious is to get creative with DIY gifts. You can make personalized mugs, candles, or even baked goods that are both inexpensive and funny. Another option is to do a white elephant gift exchange with a group of friends, where you can find quirky and funny items at thrift stores or dollar stores.

3. I received the Nancy's "Bring a friend, get a gift!" stamp. What do I give my friend as a gift?

There are many options for what you can give your friend as a gift with the Nancy's stamp. Some ideas include a small kitchen gadget, a set of recipe cards, or a sample of one of our popular products. You can also get creative and make a homemade gift, such as a jar of homemade spice mix or a set of hand-stamped kitchen towels.

4. How can I be cheap when it comes to gift giving?

One way to be cheap with gift giving is to set a budget for each person and stick to it. You can also look for deals and discounts, such as using coupons or shopping during sales. Additionally, consider making homemade gifts or giving experiences instead of physical items, which can often be more cost-effective.

5. How can I make gift giving hilarious?

To make gift giving hilarious, think outside the box and choose gifts that will make the recipient laugh. You can also incorporate inside jokes or funny memories into the gift. Another idea is to give a gift that is unexpected or unconventional, such as a novelty item or a quirky piece of decor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jamie Gaffney
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
smilebug
  • Melissa78
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
sherri lynn
  • PamperedCaniac