• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Is Your Favorite Slow Cooker Recipe?

Ingredients:1 chicken breast or 2-3 lbs chicken breasts1 can of cream of mushroom soup1 package of onion soup mix1 cup of milkDirections:1. Add chicken to crock pot.2. Add cream of mushroom soup, onion soup mix, and milk.3. Cook on low all day, or high half a day (if I want it ready after church for lunch, I cook it on high).4. When time is up, take out all the ingredients.5. Serve chicken and rice.This is my favorite recipe for chicken and rice in the slow cooker
AJPratt
Silver Member
This is the time of year, I really start to use my slow cooker, and I am always looking for new recipes. I'd love to hear some!

I have soup cooking in mine right now. I usually make refrigerator soup. I clean out the fridge and add EVERYTHING. Leftover meat or chicken or browned ground turkey meat, any veggies a handful of barley, 1 lg can of broth and 1 lg can of crushed tomatoes, seasonings to taste. It is always different any always yummy. I use my slowcooker at least 2 times a week. Enjoy!!

Easiest slow cooker recipe EVER!!This is so easy and SOOOO good. All you do is put a boneless pork loin roast in the slow cooker, pour a 16oz jar of salsa over the top, and cook it on low for at least 8 hours. Then, use two forks to shred the roast (it shreds VERY easily, I don't even remove it from the cooker to shred it), and stir the sauce and shredded meat together. That's it! We like ours on warmed tortillas with a little cheese/sour cream, but they are also good on hoagies or buns. I sometimes add diced onion to the cooker in the beginning, but that is optional. Oh, and I use a 1.5-2 lb roast for my hubby and me (and we're big eaters). Enjoy!!

Last edited:
Italian BeefI love to make Italian Beef in the slow cooker.

Italian Beef
Ingredients:
1 3-5 lbs Rump Roast (or any kind of roast)
2 Tbs Italian Seasoning
2 Cups Water
1/2 Jar of Pepperocinis
1/2 of the juice from the jar of Pepperocinis

Directions: Combine all ingredients in crock-pot. Cook on low/medium for 6-8 hours. May need to add more water as it cooks. When meat flakes apart, flake and serve on hoagie rolls with a slice of Provolone or Mozzarella Cheese.

Jennifer that sounds awesome.. my mouth is watering! :)

I make pot roast alot. Although many people have different variations, here's my version.

Whatever size roast you want
fresh baby carrots
potatoes quartered
1 large or 2 smalll onions quartered

salt, pepper, garlic powder all over meat. I pour a little bit of Gravy master over the top of the meat. Add my veggies. Cook on low 8 hours or on high 4 hours. When time is up, take out all the ingredients. I add Wondra flour to the liquid at the bottom, turn it on high (or sometimes I transfer liquid to a pot and simmer) and whisk until liquid gets thicker.

I hope you enjoy it!
Tina

Here is one I love to eatCROCK POT CUBED STEAK

1 PACKAGE BROWN GRAVY MIX
1 PACKAGE MUSHROOM GRAVY MIX
1 PACKAGE ONION GRAVY MIX
3 CUPS OF WATER
2-3 LBS OF CUBED STEAK OR MORE JUST ADD MORE GRAVY

Brown the cubed steak in flour as usual. Pour two cups of water in crock pot, add steak, and cook on medium for 4 hours. Mix gravy mixes with one cup of water, pour over steak and cook for 30 additional minutes.

Cooking times may vary depending on temperature of crock pot.

Sounds great!!Brown the cubed steak in flour... can you explain? thanks :)

jenniferknapp said:
Sounds great!!

Brown the cubed steak in flour... can you explain? thanks :)

I always do a pan of milk and a pan of flour. I dip the steak in the milk then the flour and fry. This makes it have a good thick gravy on it when the crust is cooked with the gravy. I also do this with deer steak too.

Chicken, Gravy & RiceOne of my family's favorites!

Chicken, Gravy & Rice

1 family size can Cream of Mushroom soup...or mix and match to equal using cream of chicken and cream of mushroom
1 package onion soup mix
2 cups milk
Cajun seasoning to taste (this makes a lot, so I use a lot!)
Whole chicken or 2-3 lbs of chicken breasts

Mix soup, soup mix and milk in crock pot. Add chicken. Cook on low all day, or high half a day (if I want it ready after church for lunch, I cook it on high).

Shred or chop chicken meat, discarding bones, or freezing and/or reusing for stock (best choice); add back into gravy. Cook rice in rice cooker.

Yummy, yummy, yum!

I boil chicken breasts while I am doing something else, then throw them in the crock pot with a bunch of BBQ sauce and brown sugar and a tiny bit of vinegar. I let it cook however long (it is already cooked, so you can just warm it up or let it simmer all day and get really yummy) and then it practically shreds itself. DH eats it on a bun, but I just eat it out of a bowl. It is so easy and SO good.

my favorite recipe is Sunday chicken
I use:
1 can cream of chicken
1 can cream of mushroom
1 pkg onion soup mix
4-6 chicken breasts (I use 3)
mix the soup and soup mix then pour on the chicken cook about 8 hrs on low
1 hr before serving mix in 1 cup of sour cream
I serve mine over potatoes
I also have a cookbook called 101 things to do in a slowcooker it has so many yummy recipes it also has dessert recipes that look delicious

Here's my favorite - especially with holidays and college bowl games coming up - GO BUCKEYES!!!!!

Chili Dogs

10-12 hot dogs
2 (15 oz.) cans chili w/out beans
1 can cheddar cheese soup
1 (4 oz.) can chopped green chiles

Put hot dogs in crock pot. Combine rest of ingred. in large bowl and pour over hot dogs. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.

Serve in buns with diced onions, shredded cheddar and anything else you like on chili dogs.

These are soooooooo good. The hot dogs almost marinate in the chili sauce. The left-over sauce will freeze well.

Also, I never use my crock pot for anything without using a CrockPot Liner. Reynolds makes them. They are pretty inexpensive. Just put one in the crock pot and then add all your ingred. and cook as usual. To clean, just lift out the bag and wipe out the crock pot.

OOOhhh I just thought of another one. Sweet and Sour Meatballs:
Make about 2 pounds of your favorite meatball mixture (or use the frozen ones, i won't tell) and brown them in the oven (400° 20 mins on the bar pan). In slow cooker mix 2 cans Whole berry cranberry sauce, 2 jars Chili sauce, 4 Tbs. brown sugar, juice and zest of 1 lemon. Simmer.
I made these as an appetizer for Thanksgiving with the small scoop and there was not one leftover!!! Enjoy!

pcleah said:
OOOhhh I just thought of another one. Sweet and Sour Meatballs:
Make about 2 pounds of your favorite meatball mixture (or use the frozen ones, i won't tell) and brown them in the oven (400° 20 mins on the bar pan). In slow cooker mix 2 cans Whole berry cranberry sauce, 2 jars Chili sauce, 4 Tbs. brown sugar, juice and zest of 1 lemon. Simmer.
I made these as an appetizer for Thanksgiving with the small scoop and there was not one leftover!!! Enjoy!

Do you really taste the cranberry sauce a lot? I have been looking for a good meatball recipe but do not like cranberry sauce enough to eat it other than Thanksgiving! ha!

Does anyone have another good, easy meatball recipe? Maybe I need to try them all! :D :eek:

pcleah said:
I have soup cooking in mine right now. I usually make refrigerator soup. I clean out the fridge and add EVERYTHING. Leftover meat or chicken or browned ground turkey meat, any veggies a handful of barley, 1 lg can of broth and 1 lg can of crushed tomatoes, seasonings to taste. It is always different any always yummy. I use my slowcooker at least 2 times a week. Enjoy!!
I made this!!!!!!!!! It was fabulous!

The chili dog recipe sounds perfect for poker night at my house!!

Here's a good meatball one that is REALLY easy! Everyone thinks I worked so hard on them! I buy the frozen Italian meatballs and thaw them out. Put them in the slowcooker and while that starts....I put a full jar of traditional spaghetti sauce and 1/2 a jar of grape jelly in a little sauce pan and once the jelly melts...pour that over the top of the meatballs that are in the clow cooker.....IT'S FABULOUS!!!!

The cranberry flavor is mild. If you really don't care for them, use the jellied cranberry sauce. The original recipe I liberated from my friend uses jellied cranberry sauce, but i picked up the wrong one and used it anyway and it was great!!! If you don't like things too sweet, you can omit the sugar. I think I put in my original post that I have been known to use pre-made meatballs as well. It goes really well with Turkey meatballs. Enjoy!!!!
P.S. I only eat my 1 spoonful of cranberry sauce on Thanksgiving too!!!!

Anne: What did you put in your refrigerator soup? I'm glad it turned out good!

I had turkey, corn, celery, onions green beans, orzo, poultry seasoning, bay leaves, salt and pepper. Delicious! I can't remember if there was anything else. LOL

I would read this right before dinner!My stomach just growled!!!
My favorite meatball recipe is simple too and a different twist. Take your meatballs, and yeah, I do use the frozen ones. Simply mix 2 cans of Cream of Mushroom soup with the same amount of cans of water. Mix in one envelope of powedered onion soup mix. No water with this. Add in the bag of meatballs and cook on low for about 4 hours. (Add more water if you think it is too thick.) DO NOT USE MILK! It will get icky cooking in the crock pot that long! At about 3 and a half hours add an 8 ounce container of Sour Cream. (More if you like), and salt and pepper to taste.
Instant Meatballs Stroganoff! These are great appatizers or serve them over noodles.
(I make an extra meal by doubling the recipe then mixing in a head of slightly steamed cauliflower to half of the meatballs.)

Also, for those of using Cream of Chicken Soup, I found a wonderful Cream of Chicken WITH HERBS by Campbells. Talk about making a major difference in all those recipes! WOW!

Yea! John's back!

I got this from my aunt last nightAll this talk about meatballs made me want the ones my aunt cooked for my cousin's wedding so I call her last night.

Bag of meatballs
Jar of grape jelly
Bottle of Hickory Smoked BBQ
2 tablespoons of wishtershier sauce (you know what I am talking about I cannot spell this!)
1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup brown sugar

Combine all ingrediants in crock pot. I am making these this weekend!

My favorite slow cooker recipe is cranberry pork roast. It's so simple but tastes so good! I use a 2# pork roast, but you can use whatever fits in your crockpot. Place the roast in the crockpot. Mix together a can of whole cranberry sauce (not the jelly kind) and a cup of orange juice. Pour this marinade over the roast. Cook on low 8-10 hours.

Chili Dogs...YUMMY!
amya said:
Here's my favorite - especially with holidays and college bowl games coming up - GO BUCKEYES!!!!!

Chili Dogs

10-12 hot dogs
2 (15 oz.) cans chili w/out beans
1 can cheddar cheese soup
1 (4 oz.) can chopped green chiles

Put hot dogs in crock pot. Combine rest of ingred. in large bowl and pour over hot dogs. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.

Serve in buns with diced onions, shredded cheddar and anything else you like on chili dogs.

These are soooooooo good. The hot dogs almost marinate in the chili sauce. The left-over sauce will freeze well...

My mouth has been watering everytime I think of this recipe, and today I finally made it...Yummy, Yum, YUM! So good. I think this would be great for a "moving day" meal (instead of the regular pizza:p ).

A variation I'm going to try is:

Just before serving, place refrigerated biscuits on top, and place crockpot in preheated oven to bake the biscuits...then, no buns required! We ended up eating these with forks anyways!!! Of course, you would have to have a crockpot that has a removable "pot" to be able to do this. Otherwise, I think the Rectangular Baker at a low temperature would work too.

Thanks for sharing!!!

My husbands favorite crockpot recipe is Santa Fe Stew

1 lb ground beef
chopped onion
garlic
1 pkg dry ranch dressing
1 pkg taco seasoning mix
1 can corn
1 can hominy
1 can rotel tomatoes
1 can kidney beans
2 cans pinto beans
2 cans diced tomatoes

Brown ground beef with onions and garlic. Combine all ingredients in the crockpot. Cook on low for 8 hours. I usually add a little shredded cheese and sour cream to my bowl. For a fun twist eat it with tortilla chips. Its so good!

Mine is also a meatball recipe. I use the frozen meatballs. Add them to 1 jar grape jelly and 1 jar chilli sauce. YUMMMY! Everyone loves these when they try them.

Jennie4PC said:
I use:
1 can cream of chicken
1 can cream of mushroom
1 pkg onion soup mix
I also have a cookbook called 101 things to do in a slowcooker it has so many yummy recipes it also has dessert recipes that look delicious
This sounds great and I think I'll try to make it for dinner tonight. :) I assume I can do it on high for 1/2 the time. Is the sour cream necessary? I wonder if it tastes fine with FF or light sour cream.

Any suggestions on how to cook potatoes that it's served over? I usually only just roast potatoes after cubing them and seasoning them, but it sounds like this might work better some other way. I've really never cooked potatoes any other way. I'm not even sure if I've ever baked a potato! It sounds like it would be good over rice, too. THAT I know how to do.:eek:

I'd love any suggestions. Thanks so much for starting this thread! It'll get me to use my crock pot!!!

One more question....since I've run out of time to go buy groceries AND do the 1/2 time recipe on high, now I'll probably do this for dinner tomorrow night. Is there quite a difference between doing it for 8 hours or 4 hours? My problem is being organized early enough in the day to get this started cooking for 8 hours, but I can make that my goal!:p

My family's favorite is a pot roast in crock pot.

I usually get the 7-bone pot roast (whatever size you want). Put it in the crock pot with @ 1/2 cup water, ground black pepper, a couple of smashed garlic cloves, one large onion coarsely chopped, and a can of Golden Mushroom Soup. I let this cook all day. About 2 hours before I'm ready to serve I add carrots. And, about 30 minutes before dinner I add 1 can of Cream of Mushroom Soup. This makes the BEST gravy! My DH prefers rice instead of potatoes, but I'm sure you could add potatoes when you add the carrots. Delish!

My favorite crock pot recipe is requested at all my family events!
1-2 pounds of kielbasa cut into slices
1 cup sugar
1 cup ketchup
1 can crushed pineapple
throw it all in cook for a couple hours

janel kelly said:
My husbands favorite crockpot recipe is Santa Fe Stew

1 lb ground beef
chopped onion
garlic
1 pkg dry ranch dressing
1 pkg taco seasoning mix
1 can corn
1 can hominy
1 can rotel tomatoes
1 can kidney beans
2 cans pinto beans
2 cans diced tomatoes

Brown ground beef with onions and garlic. Combine all ingredients in the crockpot. Cook on low for 8 hours. I usually add a little shredded cheese and sour cream to my bowl. For a fun twist eat it with tortilla chips. Its so good!

This is basically my taco soup recipe I got from a lady at work. I usually just add whatever I have (I mean whatever kind of beans I have in the cabinet) and it calls for jalapenos, mine is double that though, lol. We have a big family then I like to freeze some or take it for lunch. When I make my bowl I add shredded cheese and sour cream and sometimes crush tortilla chips or use it like a dip, YUMMY!!! Oh, and since DH doesn't like hominy and it's not my favorite either we usually just use corn, her version used only hominy.

Jennie4PC said:
I use:
1 can cream of chicken
1 can cream of mushroom
1 pkg onion soup mix
Yummy yum! I made this last night and it was great! It makes lots of gravy...too much actually. I probably should have put more than 1 1/2 lbs of chicken in it because we had more gravy left over than chicken.

I served it over my own experiment with a potato recipe. I sliced potatoes with the larger size of the adjustable slicing blade of the Mandolin. I tossed them with some melted butter, salt, pepper and 1 clove of pressed garlic in the Batter Bowl. I spread them out on the Bar Pan (some overlapped) and baked at 425 for about 30 minutes. Oh and right out of the oven, I grated parmesan cheese over them. Yum! I just wish I made more of them. I think I only did about 3-4 larger size red potatoes. I should have done more, but I wasn't sure how much I could layer them.

Thanks again for the great crock pot recipe. If anyone has others that use chicken or lower fat ingredients, I'd love to hear more.

Last edited:
Not really what you are looking for, but this is a huge hit at my poker parties and holidays before the big dinner is ready to keep people out of my kitchen.

1 lb ground sausage, browned and drained
4 blocks of cream cheese, more if needed
2 cans of Rotel, one drained, one not drained
1 can sliced black olives, optional

Heat until it's all heated through and blend until it looks like someone threw up. Serve with chips or crackers. If you can get people to look past what it looks like, it's yummy!!

This is a dip and it's like a whole meal!! You can use spicier sausage or Rotel if you like the twang in it. I have heard some doozies with this recipe. Most people just say it's good, but I have heard comments ranging from 'this is GRUBBB!!' to 'there's only one thing wrong with this dip....it's almost gone!!'

Becky I am glad to hear you liked the recipe dids you put the sour cream with it? I have done it without the sour cream and I think it tastes just as good and that potatoe recipe sounds yummy. Also I just do mashed potatoes with the recipe

I had to share my newest slow cooker creation. I have been slow cooking my brains out. I put in 1 lb bag of chick peas (dried, NOT soaked), covered with water (about 2 inches over beans), cooked on high, the were done in about 4 hours (I am really bad at timing things) After they were cooked, I drained them and added Garlic oil (PC basil oil would be good, I don't have any:( and a few shakes of Dill mix and salt and pepper. They were sooooo yummy!!! We ate them hot as a side dish for dinner, or cold the next day. ENJOY!!!! Anyone else have any luck with cooking beans in the slow cooker?

Funny Cranberries..I dislike Cranberry sauce, but LOVE Cranberry Juice, Dried Cranberries, Cranberries in things, such as muffins, cookies, etc., Cranberry relish is ok too , but Cranberry sauce I can live without!!! HEHEHEHe

My Urologist thought I was drinking too much Cranberry juice, go figure!
P.S. I only eat my 1 spoonful of cranberry sauce on Thanksgiving too!!!![/QUOTE]

pcleah said:
The cranberry flavor is mild. If you really don't care for them, use the jellied cranberry sauce. The original recipe I liberated from my friend uses jellied cranberry sauce, but i picked up the wrong one and used it anyway and it was great!!! If you don't like things too sweet, you can omit the sugar. I think I put in my original post that I have been known to use pre-made meatballs as well. It goes really well with Turkey meatballs. Enjoy!!!!

Last edited:
Jambalaya

2 pkgs Beef little smokies
2 pkgs frozen shrimp scampi (yellow box)
1 box Zatarains Dirty Rice
1 box Zatarains Jambalaya Rice
2 cans Rotel (we use the hottest)
Dash (es) of Tabasco or your favorite hot sauce

Dump everything into crock pot (except scampi) add 4 cups water. Cook 1 hour, add shrimp/sauce during the last 10 minutes.

this is so yummy in fact I'll be taking 3 crockpot of it tomorrow to our Youth group Christmas party.
I love meals made in the crockpot
Teresa

This is such an excellent thread that I want to copy and make every one of your great recipes. Can anyone tell me how to locate it in the future, if it is not active? These recipes don't go into our "recipes file", do they? I have one for Beef or Venison Stew, which I have been using since 1974, when I purchased my first Rival Crockpot.
BEEF or VENISON STEW
2 lb. of meat cut into 1 to 1 1/2" cubes
Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of Minute Tapioca, in first layer of Crockpot
ADD: 4 carrots pealed and cut in 1 inch chunks
2 large onions sliced into rings
4 stalks of celery cut in 1 inch lengths
1 - 8 oz. can Tomato sauce
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce (stir into Tomato sauce)
JANES KRAZY MIXED UP SALT
PARSLEY FLAKES
Pour combined sauce over meat and vegetables. Sprinkle each layer of meat, carrots, celery with SALT and Parsley Flakes. Cook in Crockpot for 5 hours on low. If it happens to cook longer, it will not do any harm. Cook potatoes separate to serve with the above.

NOTE: JANES KRAZY MIXED UP SALT is distributed by Flavor Delite, Inc. of Richburg, SC. It contains salt, herbs and spices, dehydrated onion and garlic. It generally is in the spice section of your larger grocery stores. The container is 4 oz. Hope you can find it, and enjoy this recipe as much as my family has, all these years. Making it with Venison is just as tasty.

Recycle any leftovers as the starter for a great pot of Beef or Venison Vegetable Soup, by adding a can of stewed tomatoes and small pasta
(elbows or ditalini).

In the future, I think you could just do a search for "slow cooker" and my screen name, and it should pop up. I have found really old threads that way.

Chicken Tacos-The easiest, yummiest, recipe!
1 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 pkg. taco seasoning mix
1 jar of salsa (or diced tomatoes)

Dump in crockpot and cook 6-8 hours on low. The chicken shreds itself & goes great in taco shells or tortillas w/ cheese, sour cream, and shredded lettuce!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sandra Stidston
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • letscook04
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • kam