• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have You Heard of the Yahoo Slurp Spider?

In summary, a Yahoo Slurp Spider is a robot that indexes documents on the web for search engines. It is important to note that if a page is disallowed by robots.txt standards, Yahoo! will not read or use the contents of that page.
rennea
Gold Member
What the heck is a Yahoo Slurp Spider!! I have seen this today on here and I don't know what the heck it is!!

I dunno...reminds me of my college girlfriend.

Yahoo! Slurp is Yahoo!'s web-indexing robot. The Yahoo! Slurp crawler collects documents from the Web to build a searchable index for search services using the Yahoo! search engine. These documents are discovered and crawled because other web pages contain links directing to these documents.
As part of the crawling effort, the Yahoo! Slurp crawler will take robots.txt standards into account to ensure we do not crawl and index content from those pages whose content you do not want included in Yahoo! Search Technology. If a page is disallowed to be crawled by robots.txt standards, Yahoo! will not read or use the contents of that page. The URL of a protected page may be included in Yahoo! Search Technology as a "thin" document with no text content. Links and reference text from other public web pages provide identifiable information about a URL and may be indexed as part of web search coverage.

(From Yahoo)

I think I liked my answer better. :(

janetupnorth said:
Yahoo! Slurp is Yahoo!'s web-indexing robot. The Yahoo! Slurp crawler collects documents from the Web to build a searchable index for search services using the Yahoo! search engine. These documents are discovered and crawled because other web pages contain links directing to these documents.
As part of the crawling effort, the Yahoo! Slurp crawler will take robots.txt standards into account to ensure we do not crawl and index content from those pages whose content you do not want included in Yahoo! Search Technology. If a page is disallowed to be crawled by robots.txt standards, Yahoo! will not read or use the contents of that page. The URL of a protected page may be included in Yahoo! Search Technology as a "thin" document with no text content. Links and reference text from other public web pages provide identifiable information about a URL and may be indexed as part of web search coverage.

(From Yahoo)

Ok - and can you translate that to English??? :p: :confused:

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I think I liked my answer better. :(

Me too...but thank you Janet for the info:)

HUH? And where is this spider at?

Wow, my poor sleep deprived brain couldn't get past the first line... but I guess that what happens when you get up every three hours! Much easier to proccess kitchen guys answer, haha!

dannyzmom said:
Ok - and can you translate that to English??? :p: :confused:
One more piece of software snooping around your stuff.

Ok, once again. What is a yahoo slurp spider??? Sorry Janet but you are way too smart and I am way to dumb. rofwmp. Your answer totally confused me.

It's a piece of software that crawls the web getting info about web pages for search engines. Nothing you need to worry about.

Stuff like this couldn't have anything to do with why the amount of spam I get daily has gone up about 200% in the last five weeks or so.

What Is a Yahoo Slurp Spider?

A Yahoo Slurp Spider is a web crawler or bot used by Yahoo to gather information from web pages for indexing and search engine results.

What is the purpose of a Yahoo Slurp Spider?

The purpose of a Yahoo Slurp Spider is to crawl and index web pages for Yahoo's search engine. This allows for more accurate and relevant search results for users.

How does a Yahoo Slurp Spider work?

A Yahoo Slurp Spider works by following links from one web page to another, gathering information and indexing it for search results. It also takes into account factors such as keywords and meta tags to determine the relevance of a page.

Is a Yahoo Slurp Spider harmful to my website?

No, a Yahoo Slurp Spider is not harmful to your website. It simply gathers information for indexing and does not make any changes to your website's content or structure.

Can I block a Yahoo Slurp Spider from crawling my website?

Yes, you can block a Yahoo Slurp Spider from crawling your website by using a robots.txt file or by setting specific rules in your website's server configuration. However, this may affect your website's visibility in Yahoo's search results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chrissyk
Replies
Views
christinaspc
Replies
Views
KCPChef
Replies
Views