• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can't Identify Tool to Remove Silk from Corn, Help!

In summary, a recruit's customers are looking for a product called the Corn Kernel Cutter, which is no longer available through Pampered Chef. It was a tool designed to remove silk from fresh corn. The suggested alternative is the Corn Cob Nobs.
batroark
Gold Member
I have a recruit that has called me stating that at her show last weekend there was a mom and her adult daughter that had bought a product some time back (not sure how many years ago?) and was wanting some more of them. She said they was describing them as a tool that took the silk off a fresh corn. I don't know if it was a brush or something else. I have looked back in several years worth of books and I have no clue to what they are talking about. I have been around PC since '98 and don't remember it personally. Can anybody help me out?

They used to sell a brush for taking the silk off corn (some friend of mine have it) but they do not have it anymore. Sorry!

Julie Myers
Denver, PA

Not sure of the product, but in my quick tips I share this tip:
Dampen a paper towel or cotton cloth, wring it almost dry, wipe the corn cob with the towel down the cob and the silk comes right off. I bet our new micro-fiber towels will grab the silk too. Just a thought. Hope this "quick tip" helps your customer.

Silk cleaner for corn on the cobI found one in the Dollar store. It is a small rectangular, plastic brush with soft bristles.

You husk the corn, run the brush over the remaining silk, and rinse the ears.
It works fairly well.

Hi there! It sounds like your recruit's customers are looking for the Corn Kernel Cutter, which was a popular product in our line a few years back. It is a tool specifically designed to remove the silk from fresh corn. Unfortunately, it is no longer available for purchase through Pampered Chef, but you may be able to find it through third-party sellers. If not, I would recommend suggesting our Corn Cob Nobs as a great alternative for removing corn silk. I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions. Happy cooking!

1. How do I remove silk from corn without a special tool?

To remove silk from corn without a special tool, simply use a soft-bristled brush or a damp paper towel. Gently rub the brush or paper towel over the corn to remove the silk.

2. What is the best tool for removing silk from corn?

The best tool for removing silk from corn is a corn silk remover. This tool has a serrated edge that easily removes the silk from the corn without damaging the kernels.

3. Can I use a knife to remove silk from corn?

While a knife can be used to remove silk from corn, it is not the most efficient method. Knives can easily damage the kernels and can be dangerous to use. It is best to use a specialized tool for removing silk from corn.

4. How do I clean a corn silk remover?

To clean a corn silk remover, simply rinse it with warm water and mild soap. Make sure to remove any remaining silk from the tool and dry it thoroughly before storing.

5. Can I use a vegetable peeler to remove silk from corn?

No, a vegetable peeler is not an ideal tool for removing silk from corn. It can damage the kernels and is not designed for this purpose. Stick to using a corn silk remover or a soft-bristled brush for best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • beepampered
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Chefgailb