• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Is the Oddest Way You Got a New Recruit?

In summary, the speaker has recruited new employees in unusual ways, such as meeting someone at a grocery store, concert, hiking trip, or coffee shop and striking up a conversation. They believe in seizing opportunities and keeping an open mind when it comes to recruiting, always considering how someone's unique skills and qualities could be a great fit for their company.
DebPC
Staff member
I got a call in the hospital two days after an emergency appendectomy from someone who wanted to sign. This was before online sign up- so she had to wait til I got home.
I got another one at our State Fair. He stopped by the booth on a day I was working and was going to have a show. Due to illness, it never happened- lost contact. A year later I happened to be working there when he stopped again. Show was held, he signed and is still with me today. Must have been fate.

My last recruit was from facebook, still not exactly sure how she found me but had requested information on the business at a home and garden show a year ago, no one contacted her and had tried contacting 2 other consultants after that who never responded. She found me, we talked for 20 min, signed up the next day and is finishing her first 30 days on the 13th!

Sweet! Congrats!

What is the oddest way you got a new recruit?

The oddest way I got a new recruit was when I accidentally bumped into someone at the grocery store and we struck up a conversation. It turned out they were looking for a job and after talking for a bit, they decided to apply and eventually got hired.

How did you end up recruiting someone in an unusual way?

I ended up recruiting someone in an unusual way when I was at a concert and noticed the person next to me had a unique skill set that would be beneficial to our company. I struck up a conversation and after learning more about their background, I asked them if they were interested in applying for a job.

What is the most unconventional way you have found a new employee?

The most unconventional way I have found a new employee was when I was on a hiking trip and met someone who was also on the same trail. We got to talking and it turned out they were looking for a job. I gave them my business card and they ended up applying and getting hired.

Have you ever recruited someone through a chance encounter?

Yes, I have recruited someone through a chance encounter. I was waiting in line at a coffee shop and struck up a conversation with the person behind me. It turned out they were looking for a job and after exchanging contact information, they ended up applying and getting hired.

What made you think of recruiting someone in an unexpected way?

I believe in seizing opportunities and keeping an open mind when it comes to recruiting. When I meet someone who impresses me or has a unique skill set, I always think about how they could potentially be a great fit for our company. So, I am always open to recruiting in unexpected ways.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Koolotus
  • mrshamel3808
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
RMDave
  • pcsharon1