• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Is the Flavor of Yellow Cake Mix? :Confused:i Am Totally

so we're down to one!Re: YellowIt freezes really well! We also had frozen leftover Carrot Cake w/ apricot mousse filling - but we've eaten that... so we're down to one!
Laura420
what is the flavor of yellow cake mix? :confused:

I am totally stuffing my face with plain yellow cake... no icing or anything.

Anyway, I just realized that it doesnt have a real flavor like vanilla, lemon or whatever... its just yellow...

its flavor is yellow! :yuck:

Re: YellowSugar. Sugar is the flavor in a yellow cake.

Re: Yellowhappy? sunshine?

Re: Yellow
Laura420 said:
what is the flavor of yellow cake mix? :confused:

I am totally stuffing my face with plain yellow cake... no icing or anything.

Anyway, I just realized that it doesnt have a real flavor like vanilla, lemon or whatever... its just yellow...

its flavor is yellow! :yuck:

Hmmm, I think someones had a bit too much sugar, and possibly not enough sleep!

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m36/Catootjefoto/Smileys%20LOL/LOL.gif

JAE said:
Sugar. Sugar is the flavor in a yellow cake.

And JAE would know - she's an expert on sugar!

And again:

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m36/Catootjefoto/Smileys%20LOL/LOL.gif

I'm just cracking myself up!

Re: YellowBecky, you are probably right.... as I am munching yet another piece... Ive noticed that the fact that the cake is yellow and without flavor hasnt stopped me from eating it!

Re: YellowThe worst part is as I sit here examining it and getting yellow crumbs on my laptop, its color reminded me of yellow snow... eeeeewwwwweeeee

Re: YellowThanks for the great laugh, I never really thought about that before.

Re: YellowYou are so funny!:D

Re: YellowThe worst part is the box said "classic" yellow... like there is a different version of new and improved yellow out there... duh.

(Im still eating it by the way... so, go figure)

Re: Yellowyou know what? I dont think white has a flavor either... I wonder if its the same, just different color?

Re: YellowWhite is generally just yellow but made with egg whites, right? I think they put yellow coloring in yellow cake mix, but that the flavor is basically the same as white.

Re: YellowOMGosh....I am sitting here cracking up right now....too funny!

KateD said:
White is generally just yellow but made with egg whites, right? I think they put yellow coloring in yellow cake mix, but that the flavor is basically the same as white.
That's really the only difference between white and yellow. Which makes the yellow a little richer, from the egg yolks.

It's also something that my in-laws don't seem to understand. They'll want to get yellow cake for birthdays, and then get mad that Costco doesn't have yellow, just white. I'll tell them that it's the same thing, and they don't see it. I think it's part of their plan to slowly drive me crazy.

And some brands of cake mix identify the "oil, eggs, water" version of yellow cake as "classic" to differentiate it from the "butter recipe yellow" that has butter in it.

chefann said:
That's really the only difference between white and yellow. Which makes the yellow a little richer, from the egg yolks.

It's also something that my in-laws don't seem to understand. They'll want to get yellow cake for birthdays, and then get mad that Costco doesn't have yellow, just white. I'll tell them that it's the same thing, and they don't see it. I think it's part of their plan to slowly drive me crazy.

And some brands of cake mix identify the "oil, eggs, water" version of yellow cake as "classic" to differentiate it from the "butter recipe yellow" that has butter in it.

Mmmmmm, my favorite cake of all! Who the heck cares what flavor the cake is with their filling???

janezapchef said:
Mmmmmm, my favorite cake of all! Who the heck cares what flavor the cake is with their filling???

MMmmmm! You are so right! I love those mousse fillings, and I love them all!

Which reminds me - we have some Costco Birthday Cake in the freezer. It's white w/ chocolate mousse filling, and chocolate buttercream frosting.

I think I'll get it out for dinner.:D:chef:

ChefBeckyD said:
MMmmmm! You are so right! I love those mousse fillings, and I love them all!

Which reminds me - we have some Costco Birthday Cake in the freezer. It's white w/ chocolate mousse filling, and chocolate buttercream frosting.

I think I'll get it out for dinner.:D:chef:

So jealous!!! Mmmmm, maybe I'll get one for my husband's bday on Sunday. There's only 4 of us, but if it freezes well, that's ok! Cold Costco cake is even better, like fudge almost (the mousse I mean).

janezapchef said:
So jealous!!! Mmmmm, maybe I'll get one for my husband's bday on Sunday. There's only 4 of us, but if it freezes well, that's ok! Cold Costco cake is even better, like fudge almost (the mousse I mean).

It freezes really well! We also had frozen leftover Carrot Cake w/ apricot mousse filling - but we've eaten that already!

Re: YellowI think yellow and white cake tastes very different. I especially dislike the way yellow cake smells when it's baking, but white does not bother me at all. Chocolate is my favorite, with triple chocolate chunk frosting...or icecream cake. Actually, I would like a slice of both - not touching, I don't want the chocolate cake to get soggy.

Re: YellowYou all are so funny! Thanks for the laugh today. :)

1. What is the flavor profile of yellow cake mix?

The flavor of yellow cake mix is typically described as sweet, vanilla, and buttery.

2. Is there a difference in flavor between homemade yellow cake and yellow cake mix?

While homemade yellow cake may have a more distinct flavor due to the use of real ingredients, yellow cake mix is designed to mimic the classic flavor of a homemade cake.

3. Are there any variations in flavor among different brands of yellow cake mix?

Yes, there can be slight variations in flavor among different brands of yellow cake mix. Some may have a stronger vanilla flavor, while others may have a more subtle buttery taste.

4. Can I add my own flavors to yellow cake mix?

Yes, you can add your own flavors to yellow cake mix, such as extracts, spices, or mix-ins like chocolate chips or fruit. This can enhance the flavor and make it unique to your taste.

5. Does yellow cake mix have any artificial flavors?

It depends on the brand, but some yellow cake mixes may contain artificial flavors to enhance the vanilla or buttery taste. However, there are also options available that use natural ingredients for flavoring.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heat123
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
heat123
  • esavvymom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefLoriG
Replies