• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are the Calphalone Pans on Food Network Oven-Safe to 400 degrees F?

In summary, the conversation is about comparing Pampered Chef Executive Cookware and the popular Calphalon pans used on Food Network. The speaker's sister-in-law is interested in getting new pans, specifically the Calphalon ones, but can't afford them. The speaker suggests hosting a show to get the pans at a discounted price. Others in the conversation offer advice and tips on how to sell the cookware and mention the benefits of the Executive line, such as being oven-safe up to 400 degrees F.
Chozengirl
Gold Member
Between Pampered Chef Executive Cookware and the "Famous Calphalone Pans" that are used on Food Network Chanell.
My SIL wants to get new pans.
Her whole thing is...
She wants the Calphalone pans off of Food Network.
She can't afford them because one pan is almost $100 by itself.
I am trying to convince her to host a show and get the pans that we have at half price.
I even tried buying her in Feb to get the half off of the 5&7 peice and then take 60% off of one pan,,, She didn't take me up on it.
Any advice?
How do I compete with that line of product?
HELP:confused:

I gave that to her, and even gave her a ton of info from what my director has sent me.
She just isn't buying it.
That is what I am hoping to achieve.
To Sell Her Into It,,,KWIM?

hmmmm.... I don't know then....I have a woman who is wanting to buy one of the skillets with the helper handle for her husband for their anniversary since he is always watching cooking shows and he wants one so she thought of me....I am going to talk to her tomorrow and tell her if she wants to order now I will give her 10% off so I can get more points towards the new stuff. I haven't really sold any cookware since I started so I figure maybe it will get her hooked. Crossing my fingers now...Good luck to you on getting her talked into it. But if it were me the price of them would do it for me, so I don't know what other advice to give....I am guessing she is just wanting it because it is what "they" use.

Chozengirl said:
I gave that to her, and even gave her a ton of info from what my director has sent me.
She just isn't buying it.
That is what I am hoping to achieve.
To Sell Her Into It,,,KWIM?
Maybe suggest she at least get the "try me" piece which is the Executive Small Saute Pan. PC has kept the price of this at $38 which is the same as the professional line, but obviously with ALL of the upgrades the Executive line brings. It's exactly for that reason...to give guests a great reason to TRY the cookware. If this doesn't wow her, I don't know what will. Maybe do a few demos for her in it once she gets it. Burn a piece of cheese and watch it just slide right out of the pan. Do the ice cube demo to show how much and how quickly it turns the pan COLD. I got all Calphalon cookware when I got married. Soon after I earned the Professional cookware for free as a consultant, I gave away my Calphalon stuff. Until you cook in it, it's really hard to sell people on it if they're dead set with some other line. I even loaned a few of my pieces out to a potential host who was contemplating whether or not to invest in a new set of cookware. She used it a couple times and was sold. She got both sets of Professional, as well as just about every open stock piece there is.

I know you're relatively new, but if you could even borrow the Exec. Family Skillet from someone to loan her, have her use it or cook a skillet cake in it for her.

Good luck! Some people just won't be swayed, so if it never happens, focus your energy on someone else!:D Let us know what happens.

Can they go in the oven?
She asked me this question, and I do believe you can up to 450*.
Is that correct?

I have a calphalon set that I received when I got married 6 years ago and it's peeling and flaking and nasty and I can't wait to get the Executive Cookware because I know whole heartedly that it's the best!

Chozengirl said:
Can they go in the oven?
She asked me this question, and I do believe you can up to 450*.
Is that correct?

From the catalog, p. 18:
"Oven-safe to 400 degrees F for use on the stovetop and in the oven"

What is the difference between a chef's knife and a paring knife?

A chef's knife is a larger and more versatile knife that is typically used for cutting and chopping vegetables, fruits, and meats. It has a longer blade and a curved edge, making it easier to rock back and forth while cutting. A paring knife, on the other hand, is smaller and more precise, designed for peeling and cutting small fruits and vegetables, and can also be used for intricate tasks like deveining shrimp or removing seeds.

What is the difference between a silicone spatula and a wooden spoon?

A silicone spatula is a flexible and heat-resistant kitchen tool that is often used for scraping bowls and pans, as well as mixing ingredients. It is also great for spreading and smoothing batters and frostings. A wooden spoon, on the other hand, is a sturdy and traditional tool used for stirring and mixing ingredients, as well as for sautéing and cooking on the stovetop.

What is the difference between a baking sheet and a baking pan?

A baking sheet is a flat, rimless sheet of metal, typically made of aluminum or stainless steel, that is used for baking cookies, pastries, and other treats. It is also great for roasting vegetables and meats. A baking pan, on the other hand, has a deeper and more defined shape, making it ideal for baking cakes, casseroles, and other dishes that require more depth.

What is the difference between a garlic press and a garlic mincer?

A garlic press is a kitchen tool that is used to crush garlic cloves, extracting the juicy pulp while leaving the skin behind. It is a great option for quickly adding garlic to dishes like pasta and stir-fries. A garlic mincer, on the other hand, is a handheld tool that chops garlic into small pieces, similar to a knife. It is ideal for more precise and controlled mincing, and can also be used for other herbs and spices.

What is the difference between a food processor and a blender?

A food processor is a kitchen appliance that is used for chopping, shredding, grinding, and pureeing ingredients. It has multiple blades and attachments, making it a versatile tool for a variety of tasks. A blender, on the other hand, is a kitchen appliance that is specifically designed for blending and mixing ingredients into smoothies, soups, and sauces. It has a larger and more powerful motor than a food processor, but is not as versatile in terms of the types of ingredients it can handle.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tropicalburstqt2
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Tropicalburstqt2
Replies
Views
stefani2
Replies
Views
doughmama