• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Is the Difference Between Pampered Chef and Ts?

In summary,The two businesses offer a lot of different benefits and it would be difficult to compare them without knowing more about how the companies are run. The person trying to decide between the two businesses may want to know what the average show sales are for PC. The average show sales for PC may be higher than for TS, but the difference is not as drastic as some of the comments suggest. The two businesses also have different commission rates.
sassypip
Silver Member
I have a potential recruit that is trying to decide between
Pampered Chef and Tastefully Simple. Does anyone know what TS consultants make etc etc? I just mailed her a catalog and a ton of recruiting info,DVD's etc. SHe sounds really excited. I told her what I am averaging a month and she said "WoW". SO I am assuming that we are looking like the better choice, but it would help to know what I am up against. SHe wants to sell PC or TS full time and said she asked a few friends and they said they would do PC parties for her and she has not even signed up yet. Thanks in advance for any info!

A big difference is that TS is consumable...so customers can decide at anytime they can't afford the product. PC is an investment that makes dinner every night...not just one. :)

I wouldn't worry about what TS has to offer. Just present all that PC has to offer. One thing I love is that we have something for every one. All kinds of cooks and non-cooks can find things that will help them enjoy being in the kitchen or helping them get out of it. :D We have consumable products, too. :D

I have bought TS products and won't use them because I want to save them for a special occasion because they cost so much!

I was wondering more the difference in how the businesses are run. She said with TS you have to buy and make up all your own food for every party. To me that would be a draw back right htere. I told her for PC you buy the kit, but then you have the tools for your own kitchen and also your shows. I know their startup cost is higher than ours is as well. Other than that? Trust me I really told her how much I love PC and how I wish I would have started years ago and how excited I am about everything they have done for me already. SHe is calling me tomorrow to talk some more and I want to seal the deal. THe recruiting promotion is also a HUGE plus right now with the $200 Pc $! Thanks for the answers!!

I sell both PC and TS and would have to dissagree with some of the comments made about TS. There's obvious difference between the two and I wouldn't give up on either one (unless I get into directorship, which is not on my goal map right now). I have the best of both worlds.

my3angels said:
I sell both PC and TS and would have to dissagree with some of the comments made about TS. There's obvious difference between the two and I wouldn't give up on either one (unless I get into directorship, which is not on my goal map right now). I have the best of both worlds.

Well said! I have lots of friends in different DS businesses and my friend that is a TS rep wouldn't change life right now for anything. She loves her business even though it is only part time.

I am not trying to say anything bad about TS. THis is what she told me, so maybe she was misinformed. I am just wondering the difference, because I would like to recruit her. Sorry if I said something that was not true. :(

I have a current TS catalog. Their shows have to be $200 in sales to make it a show for the host to get benefits v. our $150.

I don't know what their commission rates are. You may be able to find it on the main TS website. Some companies tout a higher commission rate but they have lower sales. If she's weighing the two companies, have her find out what the average TS show sales are. My bet is that our shows are higher on average, thus our per show commission is higher, just b/c most of their products are in the $6-9 price range. PC is saying $450 is the average, but calculate your cooking show average and let her know both.

Have her find out if she's responsible for any expenses. She already knows she has to supply the food for her shows. Does she have to pay for host benefits, credit card processing fees, purchasing new products (do they get a chance to earn them for free?)?

Thanks Becca, good ideas.

my3angels said:
I sell both PC and TS

Is the Smoky Bacon Grill Sauce good? It's one of the new things I'm ordering.

To the original poster - another difference is that guests pay to have their order shipped directly to them. Good and bad points to this concept, but the impact is higher shipping charges on guest orders.

Becca_in_MD said:
Is the Smoky Bacon Grill Sauce good? It's one of the new things I'm ordering.

Yes, it's really goooood. Try it on grilled chicken wings...my fav.

I sold TS along with PC. The shows were fun to do; the host does some baking and makes the dips. The consultant just throws a couple of things together; not a big expense at all. The samples aren't expensive. The reason I gave it up is because of the additives/preservatives in the food. I'm trying to stick with whole foods so it was hard for me to promote unhealthy food to others....I still use the frozen drink mixes though..YUM!!

I had a friend that sold TS & she quit after a few months b/c of all the expense. Every time someone used a credit card she had to pay for the fee. So that came out of her commissions.
Just something to keep in mind.

babywings76 said:
I wouldn't worry about what TS has to offer. Just present all that PC has to offer. One thing I love is that we have something for every one. All kinds of cooks and non-cooks can find things that will help them enjoy being in the kitchen or helping them get out of it. :D We have consumable products, too. :D

I think Amanda has it right, just concentrate on what PC has to offer. It if is not for her, move on to someone else.

I wouldn't do the research on the other company. I would just focus on PC....that way, you're informing her on what you know, not doing work looking for the other company's policy's (which you may misinform her about and she think you were shady).

Let the recruiters from the other company's fill her in. I would give her the document so that she can do a comparison. Go to files, and type in "research". It's extensive and detailed and may prove helpful to her. Just make sure the info on PC is current.

Good luck....PC is a wonderful opportunity and will be able to stand on it's own. Don't worry about convincing her that we are "better"....just let her see that we are a GREAT company that supports and rewards their consultants. Show her what's in it for her.

cmdtrgd said:
I have bought TS products and won't use them because I want to save them for a special occasion because they cost so much!

OMG..I am so glad that you said that..I thought that I was the only one..I do love TS..but I hate to just use it to use it..because of the price.

HOWEVER..I would not stop buying it..because I LOVE TS.

Thanks everyone!! I appreciate all the feedback. SHe sounds pretty interested in PC. :)

I love Ts too! Haha! I in fact just got an order in my mail from a friend that did a party, but I too always save it for a special occassion. I got the lime cheese ball and the bacon ranch dip and the Sangria mix.

Mmmmm love that Lime Cheese Ball Mix but I must say the Almond Pound Cake is my ultimate fav! Let me know how the Sangria mix is. I have yet to try their drink mixes.

cmdtrgd said:

That sounds like me too!

One thing I've observed by doing booths, fairs, etc. that the TS consultants usually have inventory that they sell outright at their booth. I'm guessing that is optional, but they're always selling products. PC consultants do not have inventory.

She needs to choose her passion & go that route. I loved both PC and PartyLite, but if I had to choose to only attend & buy from one party, it would be PC hands down! That's why I chose to sign with PC vs. PL. I think pretty much all the reputable companies out there have benefits that make it worthwhile to their consultants. If it's Tupperware, PL, TS, PC, a scrapbooking company, etc. ... she needs to have a passion for the product to succeed.I agree with having her do her due diligence! I don't talk bad about any of the other companies. I tell them what PC has to offer and let them do their own research on the other companies. Since I don't work for any of the other companies, there's no way for me to really know all the details of them anyway. ;) It's best to focus on the positive things about PC and admit that you don't know all the details for the other company since you don't work for them. :D

Thanks everyone! Just as a follow up...she is signing up with me on Friday!! :)

Yay, Diane!

I just went to a TS party. I loved the products, loved how the party was so casual and relaxing. It was just was just a tasting with casual conversation and questions answer when needed. i asked the consultant a few quesitons about TS policy etc. And am actually considering switching to them . I love PC and the product I did not like how after 2 months of missing the quota by dollars (over the holiday season) they bumped me back down to 0 and now I have to build again to get to the next level.

What Is the Difference Between Pampered Chef and Ts?

Pampered Chef and Ts are both companies that specialize in kitchen and cooking products. However, there are a few key differences between the two.

1. What is the main focus of Pampered Chef and Ts?

Pampered Chef focuses primarily on selling kitchen tools and gadgets through in-home cooking demonstrations and parties. Ts, on the other hand, also offers kitchen products but is more focused on personal care and wellness products.

2. Are the products offered by Pampered Chef and Ts similar?

While both companies offer kitchen products, their offerings are quite different. Pampered Chef offers a wide range of kitchen tools and gadgets, while Ts focuses on natural and organic personal care and wellness products.

3. How are the products of Pampered Chef and Ts sold?

Pampered Chef products are sold primarily through in-home cooking demonstrations and parties hosted by independent consultants. Ts products are sold through online retail sales and through independent consultants as well.

4. Do Pampered Chef and Ts have different business models?

Yes, Pampered Chef and Ts have different business models. Pampered Chef relies on its network of independent consultants to sell products through in-home demonstrations, while Ts also has an online retail presence and relies on independent consultants for sales support.

5. Which company has a stronger emphasis on sustainability and ethical sourcing?

Both Pampered Chef and Ts have a commitment to sustainability and ethical sourcing. However, Ts has a stronger focus on natural and organic products and partners with suppliers who share their values and standards.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Niki Kate
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • Lexif424
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
PamperedK
  • finley1991