• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What is the Purpose of Parchment Paper?

In summary, parchment paper is used for different reasons depending on the recipe. It can be used to line stoneware, cake pans, and the bar pan. It is also helpful for bacon in the bar pan.
dancedivine
Hey, guys! I was just wondering what parchment paper is for & whether or not it really is necessary? Won't my baked goods be just as yummy if I bake them directly on my stoneware w/out any parchment paper? Thanks!

I don't ever use it on stoneware but before stoneware I would use it on my metal cookie sheets. They slide right off and make clean up a lot easier. Also, you can roll it into a cone, tape it, and snip off the tip. Then load it up with whatever and use it as a piping bag. I also use it on the conter or table under craft projects for easy clean up.

The Pretzel Wreath recipe calls for it to put the wreaths on to dry. I did use it on the Peppermint Fudge Cookies that called for it on the Large Bar Pan. I like that is requires less cleanup! It also makes a great place for my DGS to put his playdough! LOL!

You can line stoneware with it. If you cut a circle to fit the round stone you can even make a brownie on that stone! If you don't use parchment you will have brownie all over the bottom of the oven but if you use it and spread the brownie to about an inch from the edge it will stay on the stone and make a great base for a brownie pizza, for instance. I sometimes line cake pans or stoneware with it so I can easily lift it out of the pan in one piece for certain recipes.

I also line the bar pan with parchment, put bacon on it and then cover it with more parchment to cook the bacon in the oven (or microwave with the smaller bar pans) without the splatter mess.

I use parchment on stoneware when I am baking cookies too. Because it is so easy to slip one batch off and another batch on. Parchment can be re-used, so I use two sheets of parchment, one stone, and can do multiple batches of cookies very quickly!

If you want to bake a cake in the bar pan for a jelly roll, or pumpkin roll, then you need to use parchment for that too.

definitely for bacon in the bar pan. it's very easy to clean up if you use the paper towels you drained the bacon on to blot up the grease on the parchment paper.

what i don't understand is why its recommended to use parchment paper in the torte pan, esp since it's nonstick and we spray with crisco with flour.

I line my bar pan with parchment when I make the warm carmel nutty brownies, then I can take it out and it's easier to cut and divide.

Just don't do the stupid thing I did and use wax paper instead! My head was gone that day, and I ended up with a smoking stone in the oven during my 3rd batch!!! The house stunk up and I had to air it out and it was VERY cold outside!

What is parchment paper used for?

Parchment paper is a type of kitchen paper that is coated with silicon, making it non-stick and heat-resistant. It is used for lining baking sheets and pans, as well as for cooking and baking foods such as cookies, pastries, and vegetables. It can also be used as a barrier between layers of food to prevent them from sticking together.

Is parchment paper the same as wax paper?

No, parchment paper and wax paper are not the same. While both are used for lining baking sheets and pans, parchment paper is heat-resistant and can withstand high temperatures while wax paper is not and may melt or catch fire when exposed to heat. Parchment paper also has a non-stick coating, while wax paper does not.

Can parchment paper be used in the oven?

Yes, parchment paper is safe to use in the oven. It can withstand temperatures up to 450°F without burning or catching fire. It is important to note that parchment paper should not be exposed to direct heat, such as a broiler, as it may burn.

Do I need to grease parchment paper?

No, you do not need to grease parchment paper. Its non-stick coating eliminates the need for greasing, making it a convenient and mess-free option for baking and cooking. However, if you are using it to line a pan for baking, you may want to lightly grease the sides of the pan to ensure easy removal of your baked goods.

Can parchment paper be reused?

Yes, parchment paper can be reused multiple times. If it is lightly used, simply wipe it down with a damp cloth and let it dry before using it again. If it is heavily soiled, you may need to discard it and use a new sheet. However, be sure to check the specific instructions on the package of your parchment paper for the recommended number of uses.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• clshirk
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
smspamperedchef
  • irishpamperedchef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
dollfangs
Replies