• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Alcohol Liability at Party Events: Ensuring Safe Transportation for Guests

all of us...need to watch out for each other and take care when drinking. Thanks for bringing this up!
ringocat22
I'm not sure if this is where I should post this, so Admins, if you need to move me, go for it.

I've seen lots of posts regarding the Margaritaville shows, Jimmy Buffett shows, etc. Do you actually serve alcohol at these shows? If so, are we liable if something happens to a guest when they are driving home? I personally believe that people should take personal responsibility, and not drink and drive. However, if alcohol is served at a party, and that is the theme of the party, do consultants make sure that everyone has a ride home? I'm sorry if I sound like a prude, that's not my intention. I do not drink, but I have no problem with anyone who does. However, I do have a serious problem with people who drink and drive, even after only one drink. I'd love to be able to offer a Jimmy Buffett party to a friend of mine who loves his music, and she has lots of friends who go out and party on the weekends. I just wanted to know how other consultants handle this situation, or do you just not worry about it? And, again, if someone were to have an accident on the way home, would we be liable?

Sorry this was so long. Thanks in advance for any advice on this subject. Back to the Golden Globes...Go Russell Crowe!!! :D

Excellent question! I would think that the host would be liable. She purchases and serves the alcohol, you don't. This would be a great question to direct to the home office. Their legal team should have an answer.

I tell my hosts that my policy is no alcohol at the show. I do not drink and am not really comfortable around people who are drinking (talk about sounding like a prude! ;) ).

Anyway, I tell the host that if she wants to serve alcohol, I would prefer her to wait until I have gone home. I have never had any problems with this policy. I find most people are understanding and respectful of my feelings.

Excellent question...I would definitely contact home office about this. Unfortunately it is something we should all think about!
Deb

Legally the person who supplies the alcohol is the person liable, but if you served a drink to a minor you could also get fined. I was told it works just like a restaurant. The restaurant gets the fine, but if there is a minor involved the bartender gets a smaller fine. Have the host do all the mixing and serving and you are free. :D

I guess I am just a prude!!! I dont even offer shows with alchohol in them and if my host was to start offering alcohol in my presence I am afraid I would have to close my show rather quickly. I dont even offer wine and cheese shows!! My real father was an abusive alcoholic growing up and I dont like to go in restaruants that serve alcohol. there are many reasons for my stand on this. as for the gusets drinking, if one of them had an accident i wouldnt be able to forgive myself. even if the host bought, served, etc. i would still be the reason for them being there in the first place. if you do contact home office though let us know. i am curiuos about there stand on it if any.

Host Is Liable!Hello,
I Had A Party Not Too Long Ago Where The Hostess Served Margaritas. She Mixed, She Served, She Is Liable. I Never Offered That On My Recipe List For The Host. I Always Make Sure My Hosts Are Responsible For Drinks On My Host Letter, And So She Will Be Liable For Serving Alcohol. These Are Her Friends So I Assumed She Knew Who Could Give Another Person A Ride Home If They Needed It.
Hope This Helps.
Debbie
P.s. You Are Not A Prude For Not Drinking. I Am A Christian And Do Not Drink Because When I Was Without Christ Drinking Only Made More Problems And Ruined My Life And Has Ruined Many Other Lives. Alcohol Is Dangerous. Thanks Again!

Amen to that. Before I was a Christian drinking was a way to escape problems and of course it led to more problems. Thank the Lord I don't have those problems anymore. I do not offer alcohol parties. I won't even go and buy beer to make our beer bread...I use juice or flavored water. Everyone I know knows that I do not drink and they do not ask for those kinds of parties. Don't worry about it. We all have our personal convictions. It does not hurt anyone to not drink.

I have to agree with everyone I do not offer any shows were people serve alcohol and no one has asked i would probably tell them to wait till i left just like someone said earlier. If someone did get in an accident i would feel horrible.

I called Field Services on this question and was told that the individuals would be responsible for their own actions. It is very possible that each state may differ so you may want to check with a laywer in your state.

Thanks so much for all the input. That's why I love this site so much! Yes, that is what Home Office told me too, that people were responsible for themselves. LOL--they've never met a lawyer! In any case, I agree. Being a Christian, I can't really justify serving alcohol, and would leave asap if it was going to be seved by the host. Luckily I haven't had that problem, and I'll just recommend against it if a host brings it up. I am so glad that I have a job where my Christian convictions are supported by others in my field! I make it a point to mention my faith at all of my shows, because it was only by God's leading that I started this adventure in the first place. I've met so many sisters in Christ since I've started this, and I just love it.

Thanks again for all of your input. You guys are great. :D

I have to agree totally. i have already made my view on it known and at my shows i let people know i am a christian. i tell them i am a singer, youth leader, and part of a drama team all at church. i do this for many reasons but one of the top reasons is so they know that not only do i have 3 small children at home but i have church responsibilties also (did i mention my husband has started preaching :eek: ) so i am very busy and still manage time for PC. it shows how flexible we are. its nice knowing so many people on here are christian and not ashamed of it!! God bless you all!!

One suggestion is to maybe serve "virgin" versions of the drinks and provide the recipes for the "alcoholic" version for them to try at home. Being new to PC, I have no experience with this problem, but if someone had an accident or worse on the way home, I would feel terrible if I knew that I had contributed in part, even if I couldn't be held responsible.

One suggestion is to maybe serve "virgin" versions of the drinks and provide the recipes for the "alcoholic" version for them to try at home. Being new to PC, I have no experience with this problem, but if someone had an accident or worse on the way home, I would feel terrible if I knew that I had contributed in part, even if I couldn't be held responsible.

What Is Our Liability?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you may encounter questions from customers about our liability. Here are the top five most frequently asked questions about our liability and their answers:

1. What is Pampered Chef's liability for defective products?

Pampered Chef takes great pride in the quality and safety of our products. In the rare case that a product is found to be defective, we will replace it at no cost to the customer. Our liability for any defective products is limited to the cost of the product.

2. Are you liable for any injuries caused by Pampered Chef products?

Pampered Chef products are rigorously tested and designed with safety in mind. However, if an injury occurs due to a product defect, we will take full responsibility and cover any medical expenses associated with the injury. Our liability for any injuries caused by our products is limited to the cost of the product and any related medical expenses.

3. What if a product I purchased from Pampered Chef causes damage to my property?

In the unlikely event that a Pampered Chef product causes damage to your property, we will cover the cost of repairs or replacement. Our liability for any damage caused by our products is limited to the cost of the product and any necessary repairs or replacements.

4. What if I have an allergic reaction to a Pampered Chef product?

Pampered Chef uses high-quality ingredients in our products and clearly labels all potential allergens. If you have an allergic reaction to one of our products, we will take full responsibility and cover any related medical expenses. Our liability for any allergic reactions is limited to the cost of the product and any necessary medical expenses.

5. Are you liable for any damages caused by improper use of Pampered Chef products?

Pampered Chef products come with clear instructions for use and safety guidelines. If a customer fails to follow these instructions and causes damage to themselves or their property, our liability is limited. We are not responsible for any damages caused by improper use or misuse of our products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefsteph07
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
raebates
  • RuthV
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Chef Endora
  • babywings76