• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximize Your Earnings: Understanding Commission on $150 Parties

In summary, if you have a $150 party do you get 20% of that?If you are a fairly new consultant you earn 20% commission on shows. But, if your monthly sales are higher, you earn a bigger percent. They use the months total. Now, if your career sales are 15000.00 your starting commission rate is 22%. Look in your consultant guidelines to see the commission chart.
PamperedJess
If I have a $150 party do I get 20% of that?

If you are a fairly new consultant you earn 20% commission on shows. But, if your monthly sales are higher, you earn a bigger percent. They use the months total. Now, if your career sales are 15000.00 your starting commission rate is 22%. Look in your consultant guidelines to see the commission chart.

Shawnna

Yes, you get commission on any sales you have even just individual orders people give you that aren't part of shows. I believe the % of commission goes up after you submit $750 in a month to 22%. After $1,250 in sales it goes up to 23%. $2,500 it goes up to 24% and $4,000 or over you get 25% commission. After you get $15,000 in career sales your commission rate goes up 2% for each level.

Look on the back of your Super Starter Brochure (where it shows the super starter pkgs that you can earn free if you submit $1250 in sales) and it will show you how much commission you can earn. If you submit $150, YES you will get paid 20% on that but if you submit $2000 for the entire month, your commission rate will be 23% and you will get paid the difference in your next paycheck (as long as it within the same month). Hope that helps and you can understand what I'm trying to get across! :p

Wow ok that sounds great

I wonder if anyone else has encountered a big let down as far as commission goes. I submitted a 964.00 party the other night and I was soooo excited because of such a big order. The host loves PC so she ordered some big items like the dots stemware and dinnerware. After I closed the show and submitted my order I saw that my commissionable sales was only 656.55 and there a 300.00 difference. I understand not getting a commission towards the discounts but when a host orders more items than what she qualifies for discounts on...it made me feel like I was screwed out of some money that I worked for. I called the HO and was told my commission on that show was only going to be 131.00 and you talk about a big let down. I did read when I first got my consultant kit that host orders were not commissionable but it did not bother me when a host only ordered a few things that didn't amount to much but this order ticked me off. The man at the HO told me I could have put the host order on her mom's order and it would have given me a bigger commission as well as the host would have gotten more free product.Anyone want to comment on this? I went from being excited to feeling I was really duped. Am I wrong to feel this way?

Host orders are commissionable, except for the host bonus (60% off) and half-price items. We are paid commission on the host's cost, after other discounts. It can be confusing at first. But at least we don't have to pay for the host benefits ourselves like a lot of DS consultants.

Patty, I'm sorry you had such a discouraging experience. But, look at it as a learning experience. You'll know better next time, not only how putting the bigger ticket items on a separate order helps your commission, but, more importantly, how it helps the host earn more benefits. That's one of the things I love about P3 - you can play around with the orders until you find exactly the best way to benefit the host. Just be sure to check what amount it will take to bump her up to the next level, and how the more FPV and 1/2 price (and bigger discount) will effect her total as compared to just getting those items at the current discount.

Thanks for your replies... I will definitely be reevaluating how I put the orders together.

There is also a spot on P3 that will show you what your commissionable sales are when you are figuring things about. But remember it's about the host, not you so make sure that you are still getting your host the best deal.My stepmom once wanted a set of pans and that was it. She earned $90 free towards it but she could get the set for the same price using a half priced item and then get $90 more free. While it would have made me more commission to let her just get the set of pans I made sure to let her know that she would pay the same price for more just buy using her half price item. It is about the host, not us.

wadesgirl said:
There is also a spot on P3 that will show you what your commissionable sales are when you are figuring things about. But remember it's about the host, not you so make sure that you are still getting your host the best deal.

My stepmom once wanted a set of pans and that was it. She earned $90 free towards it but she could get the set for the same price using a half priced item and then get $90 more free. While it would have made me more commission to let her just get the set of pans I made sure to let her know that she would pay the same price for more just buy using her half price item. It is about the host, not us.

This is so true. I have many repeat hosts who just give me their list of what they want at the close of their show, and then I apply the discounts for them, because "I know you'll figure out the best deal for me". So, yes, make sure that you are also getting the best deal for the host. It may be a little less in commission for you, but in the long run, it's better customer service, and creates customer loyalty! (which actually translates into more commission for you!;))

do i qualify for the feb. consultant gift with a sales of 1225.70 and a shared rewards of 919.29?

1. What is commission and how is it calculated?

Commission is a percentage of the total sales made at a party that is earned by the consultant. For example, if a $150 party has $1000 in sales and the commission rate is 25%, the consultant would earn $250 in commission.

2. Is there a minimum sales requirement to earn commission?

Yes, in order to earn commission, the party must have at least $200 in sales. If the party does not meet this requirement, the consultant will not earn any commission.

3. How is commission paid out?

Commission is paid out through direct deposit on the 15th of each month for parties held in the previous month. For example, commission earned from parties in January will be paid out on February 15th.

4. Can I earn commission on my own purchases made at the party?

No, commission is only earned on sales made to customers at the party. Any purchases made by the consultant do not count towards the total sales amount for commission.

5. Are there any bonuses or incentives for earning high commissions?

Yes, there are various bonuses and incentives for consultants who consistently earn high commissions. This can include free products, discounts, and other rewards. Check with your team leader or the company website for more information on current incentives.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tonimabbott
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
cochef
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD