1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings What is "Front Loading" your Schedule?

1. Krista Burson

Krista Burson Member Gold Member

Ok, I had recruitment training with my ED last weekend, and she mentioned something about "front loading" your schedule. What is this? I have such a terrible time getting bookings. I'm doing a home show next weekend so I'm hoping that turns into some bookings, but really am needing to know what "front loading" is. I've been searching and cannot find anything on it.

Mar 26, 2009
  2. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

booking in close, filling up the beginning of the month first.

Mar 26, 2009
  3. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

Someone in my group uses a visual on her calendar. Every month, she fills in her appointments for family stuff. If you're a private person, just put "family" instead of "dr. appt." :) Then she uses the small sticky notes (they're 1 x 1.5" or so) - they fit perfectly in the squares of the consultant planner, stuck right below the date number. She puts the stickies on the dates she will do shows. BUT - she only puts them on the first 2 weeks of the month. Once those weeks are full (or have a couple of shows each), she puts stickies on the second half of the month.

Mar 26, 2009
  4. stefani2

stefani2 Veteran Member

I have also heard it called 'top heavy'

Mar 26, 2009
  5. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

I have two calendars. One is my large planner that I use for scheduling shows. The other is a small calendar I carry in my purse. The details of doctor appointments, salon visits, lunch dates, etc., are in my purse calendar. On my large planner, I simply put "Appointment" or "Unavailable." This way it doesn't look like I have an empty calendar, but I don't broadcast my personal business.

Plus, if what I have planned is a slug day at home with The Furry Guy, all someone looking at the planner knows is that I'm unavailable. ;)

Mar 26, 2009
  6. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

I love the sticky note method! It turned my business around since I started using it! When they can visibally see which days you want to book it makes it easier for them to pick a date you want them to book.

Mar 26, 2009
  7. heather223

heather223 Veteran Member Gold Member

Me too, but I put them on for the entire month at one time- I am going to try Ann's suggesstion and put them only in the first half of the month. Somehow I always fill the second half of the month first. I am also going to use Rae's suggesstion of putting "Unavailable" or "Appointment" on days I am not free for a show!

Mar 26, 2009
  8. Krista Burson

Krista Burson Member Gold Member

Oh, my gosh, why haven't I been doing this all along? Now, if I can just get the whole "Full Service Checkout" thing down, I should be golden. I need to add a new goal to my signature line.

Quit my 40hr/wk job by Dec 31st.

Mar 26, 2009
  9. chefsteph07

chefsteph07 Legacy Member

Good for you!

Mar 26, 2009
  10. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

I do the same thing. It really does help a lot. Then you just as "What day of the week works best for you?" And the find a date that matches that you have open. I usually do the next three months worth just in case they want to book out.

Mar 26, 2009
  11. jj16

jj16 Member Gold Member

I currently don't have any shows planned but I want to have enough time for host coaching. If I want to plan my first show in 2 weeks the weeks prior to that would I just put things like family or unavailable? Just wondering but great idea. I'm just trying to make it work for my situation.

Thanks

Judy

Mar 26, 2009
  12. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

Play with it, Judy. Do what seems most logical first. Give it a couple of months (unless it drives you insane right away). That will give you a chance to get used to it. After that, evaluate. Tweak it if necessary. Make it your own system.

Mar 26, 2009
Have something to add?