• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Is "Front Loading" Your Schedule?

not do anything or is there a specific order that I should do things in?I currently don't have any shows planned but I want to have enough time for host coaching. If I want to plan my first show in 2 weeks the weeks prior to that would I just...not do anything or is there a specific order that I should do things in?There is no specific order that you need to do things in, as long as you are planning on hosting your first show in 2 weeks. You could do things like put an "Unavailable" sticky note in your calendar for the first week of the month, and then start filling in your other appointments after that. There is no specific order that you need to do things
Krista Burson
Gold Member
Ok, I had recruitment training with my ED last weekend, and she mentioned something about "front loading" your schedule. What is this? I have such a terrible time getting bookings. I'm doing a home show next weekend so I'm hoping that turns into some bookings, but really am needing to know what "front loading" is. I've been searching and cannot find anything on it.

booking in close, filling up the beginning of the month first.

Someone in my group uses a visual on her calendar. Every month, she fills in her appointments for family stuff. If you're a private person, just put "family" instead of "dr. appt." :) Then she uses the small sticky notes (they're 1 x 1.5" or so) - they fit perfectly in the squares of the consultant planner, stuck right below the date number. She puts the stickies on the dates she will do shows. BUT - she only puts them on the first 2 weeks of the month. Once those weeks are full (or have a couple of shows each), she puts stickies on the second half of the month.

I have also heard it called 'top heavy'

I have two calendars. One is my large planner that I use for scheduling shows. The other is a small calendar I carry in my purse. The details of doctor appointments, salon visits, lunch dates, etc., are in my purse calendar. On my large planner, I simply put "Appointment" or "Unavailable." This way it doesn't look like I have an empty calendar, but I don't broadcast my personal business.Plus, if what I have planned is a slug day at home with The Furry Guy, all someone looking at the planner knows is that I'm unavailable. ;)

chefann said:
Someone in my group uses a visual on her calendar. Every month, she fills in her appointments for family stuff. If you're a private person, just put "family" instead of "dr. appt." :) Then she uses the small sticky notes (they're 1 x 1.5" or so) - they fit perfectly in the squares of the consultant planner, stuck right below the date number. She puts the stickies on the dates she will do shows. BUT - she only puts them on the first 2 weeks of the month. Once those weeks are full (or have a couple of shows each), she puts stickies on the second half of the month.

I love the sticky note method! It turned my business around since I started using it! When they can visibally see which days you want to book it makes it easier for them to pick a date you want them to book.

wadesgirl said:
I love the sticky note method! It turned my business around since I started using it! When they can visibally see which days you want to book it makes it easier for them to pick a date you want them to book.

Me too, but I put them on for the entire month at one time- I am going to try Ann's suggesstion and put them only in the first half of the month. Somehow I always fill the second half of the month first. I am also going to use Rae's suggesstion of putting "Unavailable" or "Appointment" on days I am not free for a show!

Oh, my gosh, why haven't I been doing this all along? Now, if I can just get the whole "Full Service Checkout" thing down, I should be golden. I need to add a new goal to my signature line.

Quit my 40hr/wk job by Dec 31st.

Krista Burson said:
Oh, my gosh, why haven't I been doing this all along? Now, if I can just get the whole "Full Service Checkout" thing down, I should be golden. I need to add a new goal to my signature line.

Quit my 40hr/wk job by Dec 31st.

Good for you!

heather223 said:
Me too, but I put them on for the entire month at one time- I am going to try Ann's suggesstion and put them only in the first half of the month. Somehow I always fill the second half of the month first. I am also going to use Rae's suggesstion of putting "Unavailable" or "Appointment" on days I am not free for a show!

I do the same thing. It really does help a lot. Then you just as "What day of the week works best for you?" And the find a date that matches that you have open. I usually do the next three months worth just in case they want to book out.

I currently don't have any shows planned but I want to have enough time for host coaching. If I want to plan my first show in 2 weeks the weeks prior to that would I just put things like family or unavailable? Just wondering but great idea. I'm just trying to make it work for my situation.

Thanks

Judy

Play with it, Judy. Do what seems most logical first. Give it a couple of months (unless it drives you insane right away). That will give you a chance to get used to it. After that, evaluate. Tweak it if necessary. Make it your own system.

1. What is front loading your schedule?

Front loading your schedule refers to the practice of prioritizing and completing tasks or appointments at the beginning of your day or week. This allows you to have a more organized and efficient schedule, as you can tackle important tasks first and have more time for other activities later on.

2. Why is front loading important?

Front loading is important because it helps you to manage your time more effectively and make the most out of your day. By completing important tasks first, you can avoid feeling overwhelmed or stressed later on and have more time for other tasks or activities.

3. How can I front load my schedule?

To front load your schedule, start by identifying the most important tasks or appointments for the day or week. Then, prioritize and schedule them at the beginning of your day or week. You can also try breaking down larger tasks into smaller, more manageable ones and completing them in the morning.

4. What are the benefits of front loading?

Front loading has several benefits, including increased productivity, improved time management, and reduced stress. By completing important tasks first, you can also avoid procrastination and have more time for self-care or leisure activities.

5. Are there any drawbacks to front loading?

While front loading can be highly beneficial, it may not work for everyone's schedule or productivity style. Some people may find it challenging to tackle important tasks early in the day or may prefer to spread out their tasks evenly throughout the day. It's important to find a scheduling method that works best for you and your individual needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
gailz2
  • jterre
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Chef Bobby
  • Lexif424
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies