• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bunco Show Basics: A Guide for Military Families

In summary, a bunco show is a fun group game where players pay a buy-in fee and have the chance to win free products. The host can set the buy-in amount and divide it up for different categories of winners. Some hosts also incorporate a product demonstration or showcase during the event. Bunco games can be purchased at Walmart for around $6. There are different variations of bunco, but the main idea is to have a good time with friends while potentially earning some free products.
abrahamlaur
What is a bunco show and how do you do it? i've never done anything like a bingo show either, so i have no idea! i'd love for it to be a part of my military family support group thing while our hsubands are deploeyd! thanks

I have no idea, but would love to know. Bunco is so much fun... that would be a fun night out for me and my friends. Hopefully someone will give us an answer soon!

If you search in the files for "bunco" you'll find helpful ideas and stuff.

I did, but all I found were invites. I'm looking for more of a "show outline" and/or advice from someone who has done a Bunco party before.

I have not hosted one, but have attended a Tupperware one and am so anxious to do one... here are the tips I sent my upline for another of her consultants.
Basically each person coming 'buys in' to the game (make sure your set the amount first and put in on your invites)... ours was a $20 buy in, but you could vary this. Let's say 12 people (ideal for bunco) show up at this price. You have a $240 show when those people walk in the door. You then divide that $ up for the different categories of winners (most wins, most buncos, etc.) The people who win those categories at the end of the night get to pick out that much in free product. (This is not the host's free product, but the product that customers would have normally bought to get the host to 240). After you're done playing they pick out their product and people place orders who want to.
The tupperware lady didn't do a schpeal or anything, but I kinda think she needed one... just a short 15 min thing where you do your recruiting/hosting speech and explain how the evening is going to work. I would also make a recipe ahead of time for the guests to munch on. Even just salsa with the salad chopper or a micro cake. You could even couple that with a package detailing the products they would need to make that recipe at home. I would also set up a small display so people could see the product.
This is a cool concept, cause you walk in the door with a guaranteed $$$ in orders!
You can pick up a bunco game for about $6 at Walmart

Wow, I didn't think you could do a PC demo with Bunco.

I am a member of a Bunco group and it is SOOO much fun!

Our group is all about the playing though. You would for sure have to do a demo before or after, but not during the game.

I don't do a demo with mine either. Mine is similar to Laurie's, only it's not orders for the prizes. It's actual prizes on the spot, things that you have picked up throughout the year at special prices (host specials, samples, half-price, etc). The entry fees pay me back for the prizes. This way there is a little competition to get to pick a prize first!!! I have groupings of things like 'seasonings' or 'oils and rubs', that most people wouldn't buy with 'fpv' but will love once they try!! It's also a good way to get people off the fence about our Stoneware, Cookware, etc. let them win a piece then they will want more!!! Mine is also a win/win situation for the players. They pay in $x and get more back in value of the prizes. No one leaves empty-handed!! My prizes are valued at about $1300 for $600 in entries!! Fewer entries, fewer prizes.

Afterwards, I do a mystery host catalog show for anyone who wants to order more to go with their stuff. My first one is scheduled for 8/25. My friend who does Longaberger does this all the time and usually gets about a $1000 catalog show out of it, every time!!! I fell for it when I went to hers, I won a basket and had to order the liner, lid and protector for it!! I still spent $80 when I won a free basket!!

I like Laurie's way with the guaranteed sales too!! The players just have to wait for their stuff to come in. I am more of a 'gimme, gimme now' person!! I just wouldn't be excited about leaving with just a piece of paper.

I will let you know how mine goes.

Last edited:
I guess I do mine a little differently, leaned from a friend who does Premier.
Here is how I do it.
Before they start I give an intro telling them who I am, what they are eating etc. I sometimes put a few small products on tables for them to play with it time permits.
I give something like bamboo tongs for the Bunco prize and a Seasons Best for the "booby" prize.
I let them play. I punch their cards and take their money. I divide the money accordingly and take out what I am out for the prizes (per my friend's suggestion) Let's say $5.
After the last round is when I talk. Tell them who won what, I talk about host specials, guest specials and pass out catalogs and order forms.
I do it differently if I am holding the bunco myself. This is how I do it if there is an actual host involved.

Oh yeah... the party I was at she did do some small door prize bags. I think they were for the "baby bunco" winners and a door prize slip drawing at the end.

I usually do 2 or 3 prizes total.
1 for the lowest score
1 for Bunco (it passes hands for each person that buncos)
1 for drawing slips (I don't deduct for that one)

My mom plays bunco and they roll dice! At the end of the game, prizes are rewared for Most Buncos, Last Big Bunco, Most Snake Eyes, Least Buncos, and a door prize! They pay $10 every month to play which takes care of the prizes! They take turns having it at someones house and two other people provide a meal! She loves it! It is her one night a month away from everything!!

Mine is the same concept as Brittany's mom's...the entries pay for the prizes--mine just happen to be PC prizes, another girl does LB, another does PL, etc...

The only difference is we give prizes for Most Bunco's, most wins, most losses, snake eyes, etc. Then when all of those are done we draw names from the remaining people to get prizes, so no one leaves empty handed and everyone gets prizes worth more than they paid in!!

1. What is "Bunco Show Basics: A Guide for Military Families"?

"Bunco Show Basics" is a guide specifically designed for military families to help them host successful Bunco parties. It includes tips on how to organize the event, set up the game, and provide refreshments for guests.

2. Is this guide only for military families?

While this guide was created with military families in mind, it can be useful for anyone looking to host a Bunco party. The tips and techniques can be applied to any group gathering, not just military families.

3. Does the guide include game instructions?

Yes, "Bunco Show Basics" includes instructions on how to play the game of Bunco. It also offers suggestions for variations of the game to keep things interesting for regular players.

4. Are there any recipes included in the guide?

Yes, the guide includes a section with simple and delicious recipes for snacks and refreshments to serve at your Bunco party. These recipes are perfect for large groups and can be easily prepared ahead of time.

5. Can I purchase this guide in a physical format?

At this time, "Bunco Show Basics" is only available as an e-book. However, you can easily print out the guide or view it on a tablet or e-reader for easy reference while hosting your Bunco party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• krzymomof4
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • krzymomof4
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
dwyerkim
  • DebPC