• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should You Put Your Home Address on Your Business Card?

In summary, most people include their name, consultant number, address, phone number, website, etc. on their business cards, but some people are worried about safety and security reasons, so they may choose not to include these details. Some people choose to print their own cards, while others choose to keep their address private.
ChefSandi
I know that most people include name, consultant number, address, phone number, website, etc....but what I'm wondering is, in this day of identity theft and other crimes, is anyone nervous about putting both their phone number AND address on their business card? I realize that it's more professional to have a mailing address like any other business...I just wonder how safe it is...what are your thoughts? What do you put on YOUR business cards? And why?

Thanks in advance!

If you don't want to put your mailing address on your card you can always rent a PO Box. I have one and it's only like $24 a year to rent. It helps create that seperation of personal life and business life.

I have all of that info on my cards, and have never had a problem. I also have my info on my stamp and very often have customers or hosts use that to get my address to send me orders or money. I wouldn't leave it on my contact info. The PO box isn't a bad idea, especially if it is somewhere that you could check it regularly.

clarificationShana, you said, "I wouldn't leave it on my contact info"...what did you mean?

One of my/my husband's concerns is that he is a medical doctor, and he really doesn't want patients knowing his home address...

Do you all think it would be a bad thing if the address were left off the stamp and the business cards but then if I gave it to my actual customers?

The P.O. Box is a good idea...I am only at the starting point in my business and am kinda trying out to see how it fits our family...so I don't know if I want to commit to a year-long rental, although I know it's not that expensive.

Thank you for your ideas.

I don't have my address on my cardI purchased the "print your own" cards through Town & Country. By the time I had my name, phone numbers, e-mail address and web page. It looked to darn crowded for anything else. On the back I have "business opportunities, fund raisers, bridal shows". I've never had a problem with not having my address on there.

Often, people think you won't drive to where they are at if you (the consultant) are not local, therefore, I think it helps not having it on there.

Just my 2 cents.

sorry about that, I meant I would not leave it off. Especially on my stamp that I use for catalogs and such. With the idea of a PO box.. I have a hard enough time checking my regular mail every day (it is down the block) I think things would sit in a po box too long if I did it that way.

I already had a PO Box before starting with the pampered chef so that's what I put on my cards along with phone number e-mail website and consultant #. I love my PO Box and it is a very small fee for a great cause. I have moved so many times in my life that I get scared to get attached to one address, but I have had my PO Box for 7 years now and it sure makes forwarding a lot easier!

I've done it both ways...My first set of business cards had my address on them, and it made me uncomfortable putting them in grocery stores, doctor's offices, etc. You hate to think that people would take one with the intent to be dishonest (or worse), but those people are out there. I ordered a second set of cards (the color ones) and I just put my city and state, then used my cell phone number vs. home (which is unlisted). It just makes me feel a little safer knowing that my home address, where my child lives, isn't public knowledge for a complete stranger.

Ho ho ho, I'm the cynic today!!!! :eek:

hurt business?Msover,

Do you feel like you see any effects in your business in not printing your address? I'm glad someone else has had some similar thoughts...

Sandi

Reply to ChefSandiI have actually picked up business in the last 6 months, but I don't think it has anything to do with the business cards. I guess my feeling is, why does someone need your home address? Are they planning to show up on your doorstep? If you are placing an order for someone or someone is closing a show and needs to send you something, you can give them your address at this point. I agree that we run a business, but we run a home-based business, and there is a line of privacy that needs to be drawn.

Just my two cents!!!

1. What information should be included on a business card?

The most important information to include on a business card is your name, job title, company name, and contact information such as phone number, email address, and physical address. You can also include your company's website and social media handles if applicable.

2. Should I include my personal cell phone number on my business card?

It is generally recommended to include a professional contact number on your business card, such as your work phone number. However, if you are a freelancer or have a personal business, you may choose to include your personal cell phone number as well.

3. Can I include a QR code on my business card?

Yes, you can include a QR code on your business card. This can be a useful way to direct people to your website or social media pages with just a scan of their phone. However, make sure the QR code is not too big or cluttered, and test it beforehand to ensure it works properly.

4. Is it necessary to include my job title on my business card?

Including your job title on your business card is not mandatory, but it can be helpful for people to understand your role within the company. It can also add credibility to your position and expertise.

5. Can I include a tagline or slogan on my business card?

Yes, you can include a tagline or slogan on your business card as long as it is concise and relevant to your brand or business. This can help people remember your brand and what you do. However, make sure it does not make the card too cluttered or difficult to read.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pc_jessica
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • heather223
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ilovpc
  • AmyO