• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Spring Snowstorm in Missouri: Is Mother Nature Playing Tricks on Us?"

In summary, people across various states are experiencing unexpected snow and freezing temperatures during the first day of Spring. Some are venting about the inconsistency of weather patterns and the impact on their daily lives, such as heating bills and cabin fever. Others are surprised and frustrated with the unpredictability of the weather, with some even having to change their plans due to the storm. Despite the challenging weather, there are some glimpses of hope for Spring, with patches of grass and signs of snow banks shrinking in some areas.
soonerchef
What in the heck is going on? It's the first day of Spring and here in MO I think we maybe had 4 inches of snow since November...so really nothing. Now there is a Winter Storm Advisory, the first in 4 months and we are expecting 5-10 inches of the white stuff. Doesn't Mother Nature know is freaking Spring?!?!?!

Sorry, just a little vent!

Oh my gosh!! Too funny. I am on my cell right now talking to my friend in Tallahassee and venting that we have freezing rain right now. Snowed this morning. I just said the same thing " this is the first day of spring".

I also live in the stl metro area. i told my husband Id believe the white stuff when we see it. you never know in this area what time will bring.

It is cold here in SE Oklahoma too. They are predicting snow in the morning and 28 for the low tonight. My heating bills are about to kill me financially. It has been raining here all weekend which is fine because we have been under a burn ban for months....couldn't even grill. WAAAAHHH! Gov. Henry just lifted the ban today, but its too stinking cold to be outside. LOL

it's crazyI live in south carolina and two days ago is was 85 outside then all of a sudden it was 30 last night and only 50 today....it's crazy....

For me it wouldn't be that big of a deal but since we had such a mild Jan and Feb all of the plants are coming out/blooming and now we're getting a hard freeze! :mad: :mad: :mad:

pamperedchefpowers said:
I also live in the stl metro area. i told my husband Id believe the white stuff when we see it. you never know in this area what time will bring.

OMG, isn't that the truth. The weather guys have such a hard time getting it right, but with the satelite pics I just saw I don't know how it will miss us, the storm covers all of Kansas!

well, just got a call from the school-kids out early. And yes, the heating bills are killing us as well. We have a large home and gas heat. I really thought what was left in the tank would go towards next winter. So much for that idea.

weatherHere in St. John's, Newfoundland it is a very nice mild day.. Its a little on the overcase side, but thats okay... no more snow falling. It actually has a little feeling of Spring. We still have alot of snow here, but I've been seeing a difference in the snow banks over the last few days. I'm actually seeing little patches of grass! Woo hooo!!!! Come on snow banks.. keep shrinking!!! :p

Cheers;)

I am in NV and yesterday we had lots of snow also. I hate it when we have a wekk of wonderful weather then crummy weather. I have a 4yr old and a 2 yr old that is getting cabin fever very bad.

Same here!!I live in Indiana and the storm is going to come through here too. We are supposed to get freezing rain and then snow. So glad I don't have a job where I have to get out in it!!!:p

Spring?!?What Spring!?! It is 28 and the wind is 25+mph and I am freezing my buns off...Here in New Hampshire they are saying snow for the weekend!!!?
Pam momofdrew

Yeah, it's been raining for 2 days here in SE Kansas, ughh, if I wouldn't have had my cluster meeting to go to yesterday I wouldn't have gotten out at all. Perfect sleeping in weather, lol. :rolleyes: But I had to get up early and go to that 4 letter word (work) this morning, just got home and it is still nasty, and the kids have spring break this week, they are gonna drive me insane, it's already started. :eek:

momofdrew said:
What Spring!?! It is 28 and the wind is 25+mph and I am freezing my buns off...Here in New Hampshire they are saying snow for the weekend!!!?
Pam momofdrew

NOOOOOOOOOOO

It can't snow this weekend up there, we are taking off on our first big road trip to Keene, NH on Saturday and I don't want to be driving through that crap!

Ohio's supposed to get it too!I am in the southwest part of Ohio and the weatherman is calling for 3-5 inches of snow starting sometime after midnight tonight. At work last week I was just telling everybody that we were due one more good snow. My sister's birthday is today and I can remember more of her birthdays with snow than without (she's 36). Nobody believed me last week and they laughed at me. They're not laughing so hard today. :p

chrissyk said:
I am in the southwest part of Ohio and the weatherman is calling for 3-5 inches of snow starting sometime after midnight tonight. At work last week I was just telling everybody that we were due one more good snow. My sister's birthday is today and I can remember more of her birthdays with snow than without (she's 36). Nobody believed me last week and they laughed at me. They're not laughing so hard today. :p

So this is all your fault, huh????!!!!!!! :p <<<<<Not at all a cold weather person unless I can stay home in the warmth.

Nope, blame my sister! That's what little sisters are for isn't it? (I have 3 of them!)

I don't know I don't have any real sisters (just friends that people think are my sisters, lol) so I'm gonna blame you...:p You said it out loud so it's all your fault. How dare you say such a nasty thing.

yep, bad, bad, bad consultant! It's all your fault! Do you know how many shows you could have caused to cancel?;) ;)

Last edited:
Well, it's here! Started snowing around 9pm and they said it wouldn't start until 2am :eek: ! I don't even know if the kids will have school tomorrow and my oldest has a field trip tomorrow, he will be so upset!

I live in Minot, North Dakota (military base) and our spring doesn't come till at least May- June. So the first day of spring being right now doesn't mean much here thats for sure. ;)

1. What exactly is a "spring snowstorm"?

A spring snowstorm is a weather event that brings significant amounts of snowfall during the spring season. This can occur when a cold front moves through an area and clashes with warm and moist air, causing precipitation in the form of snow.

2. Is it common for Missouri to experience snow in the spring?

While it is not unheard of, it is not very common for Missouri to experience snow in the spring. The state typically experiences mild temperatures and rain during this season. However, the unpredictable nature of weather means that it can happen from time to time.

3. How much snow can we expect from a spring snowstorm in Missouri?

The amount of snowfall during a spring snowstorm can vary greatly depending on the specific weather conditions. In some cases, it may only bring a light dusting, while in others it can bring several inches of snow. It's important to stay updated on weather forecasts and prepare accordingly.

4. Will the snow affect my travel plans?

It is possible that a spring snowstorm in Missouri could impact travel plans. Snow-covered roads can make driving conditions dangerous, and flights may be delayed or cancelled. If you have travel plans during a potential snowstorm, it's best to monitor the situation and make necessary adjustments.

5. How can I prepare for a spring snowstorm in Missouri?

To prepare for a spring snowstorm in Missouri, it's important to have necessary supplies on hand such as warm clothing, food, and water. You should also make sure your home and vehicle are equipped for potential power outages or difficult driving conditions. Stay informed about weather updates and follow any instructions or warnings from local authorities.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefjeanine
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • pampered.chris