• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Today's Adventure: Guest Judging a Culinary Arts Recipe Challenge!

In summary, a guest judge visited a local culinary arts class for a recipe challenge. The students used the judge's retail products in their recipes. There were more recipes than expected and the winning dish was a Chicken Pastry recipe. The judge found it challenging to be honest but not hurt anyone's feelings. Other dishes included pizza, pasta, and a mozza and ham sandwich. The products used were olive oil, balsamic vinegar, 3 chili spice, sea salt, and Italian mixed spice blend. The judge enjoyed their role as a celebrity judge and would love to read the recipes that were used.
rennea
Gold Member
Today I am a guest judge for a recipe challenge for our local culinary arts class :thumbup:

Bit of background...

Last year my biz developed some new retail products to sell in our restaurant. We gave the students some of the products to try and they have used our products in their recipe/cooking challenge:chef: I'm excited to try them, I believe they narrowed it down to four recipes and now I have to judge them.

The teacher told me that the students are really excited that I'm coming in and have lots of questions for me. Hope the food is good. LOL

Sounds like a lot of fun! I would love to be a judge at a cooking contest!

Sounds like fun! Enjoy! I'm afraid I wouldn't be a good judge, I'm too picky of an eater. Wonder where my kids get it from? :rolleyes:

I'm back and it was really fun!!!

There were more recipes entered then I thought there was going to be. They were all really good. I got to watch all the recipes being made, chatted with everyone as they prepared them.

The winning recipe was a Chicken Pastry recipe, very yummy :) When the students send me their recipes typed out I will post it for anybody who would like to try it.

It was harder then I thought to judge them. I was honest as possible but didn't want to hurt anybodies feelings. LOL

BlessedWifeMommy said:
Sounds like fun! Enjoy! I'm afraid I wouldn't be a good judge, I'm too picky of an eater. Wonder where my kids get it from? :rolleyes:

There were some interesting combinations, but nothing that I didn't enjoy.
I don't eat red meat so lucky for me there wasn't any!!

rennea said:
There were some interesting combinations, but nothing that I didn't enjoy.
I don't eat red meat so lucky for me there wasn't any!!

See I would have been the same way with pork, bacon, peanut butter... Okay the list is too long.

I'm glad you had a good time. I would love to read the recipes!

Wow, we're in the presence of a celebrity judge. :)

Next thing you know you'll be judging Food Network stuff!

So besides the Chicken Pastry thing what other recipes were there? And what kind of retail products did you develop that they were using?

raebates said:
Wow, we're in the presence of a celebrity judge. :)

Well eating is one thing that I'm really good at! LOL:blushing:

kcjodih said:
So besides the Chicken Pastry thing what other recipes were there? And what kind of retail products did you develop that they were using?

There was 2 different kinds of pizza, pasta dishes, mozza and ham sandwich that was rolled in egg and fried served with a roasted red pepper dip.
Pizza rolls (reminded me of a PC recipe).

The products that they were using were olive oil, balsamic vinegar, 3 chili spice, sea salt, and Italian mixed spice blend. And different blends of olives.

mmm, that mozza and ham sandwich thingy sounds interesting yet yummy! How was it?

How many judges were there??

Can I have your autograph now that you're famous? :D

1. What is Pampered Chef's mission?

Pampered Chef's mission is to enrich lives by providing quality kitchen tools, tasty recipes, and time-saving techniques for preparing delicious meals.

2. Can you tell me more about the products offered by Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef offers a wide range of high-quality kitchen tools, cookware, bakeware, and kitchen accessories. Our products are designed to make cooking and meal preparation easier and more enjoyable.

3. How can I host a Pampered Chef party?

Hosting a Pampered Chef party is easy and fun! Simply contact a Pampered Chef consultant or visit our website to schedule a party. As a host, you can earn free products and discounts based on the sales at your party.

4. What are the benefits of becoming a Pampered Chef consultant?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you have the opportunity to run your own business, set your own schedule, and earn income through product sales and hosting parties. You also have access to training, support, and special discounts on products.

5. How can I place an order with Pampered Chef?

You can place an order with Pampered Chef by contacting a consultant, hosting a party, or ordering directly from our website. Our products are also available for purchase at select retail locations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sOhSherri
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janel kelly
  • crystalscookingnow
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
  • MissChef