1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: What I'm doing today!!!

1. rennea

rennea Legacy Member Gold Member

Today I am a guest judge for a recipe challenge for our local culinary arts class :thumbup:

Bit of background...

Last year my biz developed some new retail products to sell in our restaurant. We gave the students some of the products to try and they have used our products in their recipe/cooking challenge:chef: I'm excited to try them, I believe they narrowed it down to four recipes and now I have to judge them.

The teacher told me that the students are really excited that I'm coming in and have lots of questions for me. Hope the food is good. LOL

Apr 9, 2009
  2. DessertDivaFL

DessertDivaFL Veteran Member Gold Member

Sounds like a lot of fun! I would love to be a judge at a cooking contest!

3. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Sounds like fun! Enjoy! I'm afraid I wouldn't be a good judge, I'm too picky of an eater. Wonder where my kids get it from? :rolleyes:

4. rennea

I'm back and it was really fun!!!

There were more recipes entered then I thought there was going to be. They were all really good. I got to watch all the recipes being made, chatted with everyone as they prepared them.

The winning recipe was a Chicken Pastry recipe, very yummy :) When the students send me their recipes typed out I will post it for anybody who would like to try it.

It was harder then I thought to judge them. I was honest as possible but didn't want to hurt anybodies feelings. LOL

Apr 9, 2009
  5. rennea

There were some interesting combinations, but nothing that I didn't enjoy.
    I don't eat red meat so lucky for me there wasn't any!!

Apr 9, 2009
  6. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

See I would have been the same way with pork, bacon, peanut butter... Okay the list is too long.

I'm glad you had a good time. I would love to read the recipes!

7. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

Wow, we're in the presence of a celebrity judge. :)

Apr 9, 2009
  8. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

Next thing you know you'll be judging Food Network stuff!

Apr 9, 2009
  9. kcjodih

kcjodih Legacy Member Gold Member

So besides the Chicken Pastry thing what other recipes were there? And what kind of retail products did you develop that they were using?

Apr 9, 2009
  10. rennea

Well eating is one thing that I'm really good at! LOL:blushing:

Apr 10, 2009
  11. rennea

There was 2 different kinds of pizza, pasta dishes, mozza and ham sandwich that was rolled in egg and fried served with a roasted red pepper dip.
    Pizza rolls (reminded me of a PC recipe).

The products that they were using were olive oil, balsamic vinegar, 3 chili spice, sea salt, and Italian mixed spice blend. And different blends of olives.

Apr 10, 2009
  12. kcjodih

kcjodih Legacy Member Gold Member

mmm, that mozza and ham sandwich thingy sounds interesting yet yummy! How was it?

How many judges were there??

Can I have your autograph now that you're famous? :D

Apr 10, 2009
Have something to add?