• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What if There Was No Pampered Chef?

In summary, Doris Christopher founded PC in 1980 and sold it to Berkshire Hathaway in 2002. Doris has spoken about how her decision to face her fear and do a home show changed her life for the better. She is still a consultant and is able to maintain her business while living in the states.
Sheila
Gold Member
A little background on PC ...

Doris Christopher is our founder. She started PC in 1980 in the basement of her home with only $3,000! Her husband says he was her CEO ~ her Carry Everything Outer! LOL

The first home show that Doris did, she said she was terrified. She didn't know WHAT she was thinking. As she was driving to the host's house, she seriously considered turning around, going back home, calling her host & canceling! She looked fear in the face & went anyway. And look at the results of her ONE incident of overcoming her fear and what it did for her!

In 2002, she sold the company to Berkshire Hathaway (controlled by millionaire Warren Buffet). Doris did what most entrepreneurs WANT to do. So here's some food for thought ... can you imagine how different Doris' life would be if she had given into that fear and turned her car around that night? :bugeye: There would be no Pampered Chef!!! Imagine the butterfly effect of that ONE decision and imagine what life would be like for thousands of successful consultants across the world!

How would YOUR life be different?

What a great eye opener!

I wouldn't know you and a bunch of other fantastic people!

Every consultant should read her book. I think it is in the library. The story is really amazing.

I have her book and read it to my husband at night at bedtime for about a week. We would both just cry and laugh. It is so good!

Excellent book. My kitchen would be much less full if not for PC, but so would my life.

I wouldn't be logging on here first thing every morning!

My life would be so different!! As the guest at several PARTIES for 12 plus years, all the products that have made my life easier in the kitchen would not be available. As the consultant for the past 8 months, the confidence I have gained would not have happened, the new friends that I have made would not be, the absolutely AWESOME rewards that I have earned would not be mine, the money that I have made would not be sitting in the bank, and the opportunity to proclaim the name of Jesus Christ in all the homes of each of my hosts would never have been possible!!! I LOVE THE PAMPERED CHEF!!!

When I evacuated Tokyo in in March, I left with the 2 toddlers, 2 car seats, 1 suitcase, the dog & her crate. That's it. No PC Tools. Living in the states without my PC tools has been torture! I'm using a 7 pc cookware (if you can even call it that!) set from Wal-Mart that cost $17! I really do miss my PAMPERED Kitchen!The other spouses who evacuated stayed with friends/family. Many didn't have any type of transportation. I figured I'd be here for 4-6 months & was settling in for my stay. PC afforded me the opportunity to pay $3,000 cash for a temporary car to get me through my stay ... and the $1,100 in needed repairs because the guy who sold it to me was deceptive. Hubby took a cut in pay when we left Japan, so PC has really helped to offset the extra expenses of having a home here in the states. I was lucky that I didn't have any renters in my house in TX! The kids & I borrowed stuff to move in & my PC money made it possible for me to buy a few necessities (like summer clothes ~ since it was winter weather when we left Tokyo). Now that hubby & I have made the decision to NOT let the kids live in Japan again with the radiation concerns, my PC money is helping to pay for the stateside expenses (Electricity, water, cable, internet, cell phone, etc). I love that I was able to bring my business with me! Because I haven't had tools here I've only done ONE cooking show since I arrived & I borrowed tools to do that. I have another show this weekend. The rest of my time here I was able to do enough sales to maintain my AD title with catalog shows & outside orders!!! I'm so glad I didn't have to go look for a job & put the munchkins in day care! They are having a rough enough time dealing with separation anxiety from Daddy. I don't think they would have adapted well to being brought stateside & having to start going to daycare for the first time ever.I absolutely LOVE my PC business. I never aspired to be a PC Consultant as a child (who does, right?), but I'm so glad that PC found it's way into my life!I'm anxiously awaiting the military to finalize everything & send me all my PC stuff from Japan! It will be like Christmas when it arrives!!! LOL

I lived life without PC for many years. I had exactly 2 PC products in my kitchen .... an Apple Peeler Slicer Corer (which was mangling apples because I stupidly put it in the dishwasher and didn't know they had replacement parts!) and a measure all. So had it not been there 5 years prior I would still be scraping peanut butter out of measuring cups and it would still take me forever to make an apple pie!I would have tried my hand at direct sales and concluded after my failed experiement with jewelry that it was "not for me." And I would not be friends with my recruiter, she would just be the daughter of a friend of a friend. (I actually was at her wedding reception helping out because her mom needed people who didn't know the bride and groom! We both laugh that I was at her wedding before I knew her!)I would not have many of the wonderful friends I've made right here when my own cluster turned out to be ... less than hospitable.

I would not have learned the many many many life lessons. I would have given up in direct sales after working for the [insert name of MS office spreadsheet program] phone and internet sales company that went chapter 11, having to pay for all my own advertising, and truly arm twisting relatives to get their sales so I would be qualified with them, only to be asked to pay another $350 for the privilege of representing their company for a second year. No, thank you. (But thanks SO much for the education of what bad direct sales would be)...I would not have held my first show - where it took me 3 hours to make a pie, and the whopping $180 in sales, included a guest who didn't buy anything, but hosted my first true show for someone I didn't know, which netted a respectable $800 show and a guest of hers who hosted my $3300 fundraiser, less than a year after starting...I have learned how to graciously deal with the loss of good, from my initial recruiter - who I see occasionally, but miss the leadership and regular comfort of local well-planned meetings, -to her upline national director who left for another company - to too many consultants who start with me, let their business peter out, and then don't rev it back up.But mostly I would've missed what gives me a bright hopeful future of my own making!

I would have missed out on a new way of looking at myself. I found a person I did not know was there. One who has self confidence, (usually), and drive. If it had not been for PC, I do not know if I would have had what I needed to go back to school. Bottom line, I would not be the person I am today if it had not been for PC. That had a lot to do with the influence of others, like all of you and my hosts and guests.

What if There Was No Pampered Chef?

If there was no Pampered Chef, you would not have access to our high-quality kitchen tools, recipes, and cooking tips. You would also miss out on our incredible community of consultants and customers who share a passion for cooking and entertaining.

What would happen to my current Pampered Chef products?

If there was no Pampered Chef, your current products would still be usable and of the same quality. However, you would not be able to purchase any new products or receive support and warranty services from Pampered Chef.

Can I still host or attend Pampered Chef parties?

Without Pampered Chef, the opportunity to host or attend our fun and interactive cooking parties would no longer be available. You would also miss out on the chance to earn free and discounted products through our host rewards program.

Where would I find recipes and cooking tips without Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef offers a wide range of delicious and easy-to-follow recipes and cooking tips on our website and through our consultants. Without Pampered Chef, you would need to find alternative sources for recipe inspiration and cooking advice.

What would happen to the Pampered Chef community?

The Pampered Chef community, which includes our consultants and customers, would no longer exist without Pampered Chef. This community is a valuable resource for sharing ideas, tips, and recipes, and it would be greatly missed without Pampered Chef.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefCKHall
  • EmilyStraw
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
frozenchef
Replies