• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What If... a CS-Only Conference?

In summary, this concept was mentioned in another thread, and I thought it would be fun to play with the idea a little. The idea is for a CS-specific conference where participants would have to have their screen names and avatars printed on their badges, and would have to participate in all the workshops. There would be puns, puns, and more puns, and special workshops for costumes and fruit hats for every occasion.
I checked with my director and we will be staying AT the Hilton! Woohoooo! I will be with my director (don't know her real well), her director (don't know her at all, but it's her sister) and at least one other person I don't know at all. I know we are going Sunday. I will find a way to get there if I have to sneak out of the room :D

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I'll be the one in the purple dress and the red hat.

So ... you're a member of the red hat club? I've heard about that group.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
It's kinda tough to wear a shirt and work the camera at the same time.

Right. Much easier to do topless ....

MomToEli said:
So ... you're a member of the red hat club? I've heard about that group.
Oh, no, you're not going to drag me into that.

chefann said:
What? No pic of you modeling it?
Yeah, like we need a t-shirt to know he's Mr. Weenie.

sarahlegare said:
Hey Ann,
I don't post that often, but did I read somewhere there were different color CS pins?? Which ones do you have? I'm jealous, I'm in Wave 3....so won't be meeting any of you seriously funny ladies~not at conference anyway! But a CS conference would be a blast!!!
Sorry you're stuck with me! LOL (yet another Anne!)

AJPratt said:
Yeah, like we need a t-shirt to know he's Mr. Weenie.
kitty.gif

So, KG, will you be wearing your new shirt to NC?

Probably not that one - but we'll see what we can come up with.

I was in Wabash yesterday, eating in one of those national chains. The Furry Guy and I were speculating as to which one you might have been working with. Then we laughed because we realized that someone we've never even met has become quite the topic of conversation for us. Thanks for the amusing moment.

If you read through all of KG's posts, you can figure out which one he works for.

Like that wouldn't be an exercise in ridiculousness!

I'm not sure that my body can take that much laughter in one sitting. Plus, and more importantly, I'm just too darned lazy.

BTW, I checked out your jewelry on eBay. Nice stuff.

Thanks. I'm just getting started with it, and decided that I'd better sell some to pay for more beads. :)

KG's job takes him to a burger chain that's headquartered in Ohio. Good enough hint for you?

Yup! Thanks! You are a wonderful fount of knowledge.

mmm.... it also happens to be my favorite fast food burder chain.For local fare, there's a place called Bates Burgers that makes a mean slider. They come wrapped in waxed paper that's always clear from the grease by the time you get them home.

I've got a crew in your area doing installations right now. You may have already seen the results of the project.

Can't say that I have - and I had that for lunch Sunday. Although, come to think of it, their menu board was not illuminated when we were there mid-afternoon.
DH is too oblivious to notice any changes - he was at a different location on Saturday.

They're now front-lit with track lights. They are wood framed and use the corporate creamy-yellow color instead of the old maroon.

Nope- haven't seen those yet. They sound classy.

Sounds nice, KG. Ann's hint put me right on track. It's not a place that I generally use the drive-thru, but The Furry Guy and I often eat there on Sundays after church. I'll have to take a close look at their menu sign as I pass by it.

Can I just say I love square burgers?:D And a baked potato smothered in chili - yummy!

Well.... since this is the CS-only conference thread, how about we tie this latest tangent in by having that chain cater our conference? It would be better than some of the food I've eaten at McCormick center!

Baked potatoes and thick milkshake-y things for everyone!

I'm in! KG - can you hook us up?:rolleyes:

raebates said:
Baked potatoes and thick milkshake-y things for everyone!
Have you had the new float? DH got one with orange soda this weekend. He mixed it together, and it tasted like a creamsicle.

mmm..... yummy salads....

They don't pair too well with diabetes. I'm waiting for them to come out with a sugar-free version.

Do they still have the chocolate chip cookies? Those are delicious dipped into the "thick milkshake-y things"!!!!!!

dianevill said:
Do they still have the chocolate chip cookies? Those are delicious dipped into the "thick milkshake-y things"!!!!!!
You know, I haven't seen those on the menu lately, now that you mention it.

dianevill said:

My personal favorite is the french-fries dipped in the "thick milkshake-y things"!

I dip fries in the chili.

But I can see how salty fries would work with the sweet. Yum!

chefann said:

Ummm, this may be (okay it is) cross-posting - but I was just thinking how great this would be for your PMS show Ann!:D

Yeah- I thought of that, too, since it's related to chocolate-covered potato chips.

The PMS Show could be one of the live demo choices.

Too fun! Wouldn't that be great, if they did theme shows at Conference for Kitchen Show Live?

ChefBeckyD said:
Ummm, this may be (okay it is) cross-posting - but I was just thinking how great this would be for your PMS show Ann!:D

I was just thinking the same thing .... or a new theme show ... Death By French Fries ...

ChefBeckyD said:
I'm in! KG - can you hook us up?:rolleyes:
There's a store at 6 S. Clark - not that far away from the HQ hotel, if someone will make the run for us.

I can just hear the kitchen crew freaking out when they get someone in the drive-thru, "I'd like 500 singles, no cheese; 500 singles with cheese; ..."

Um, there's no drive thru on Clark Street. But it'll still knock 'em out if a walk up places an order like that.

Sure would. When I worked fast food (and I was in the kitchen, too) we HATED big orders. They messed up our rhythm.

Makes me think of the Visa check card commercial with the breakfast place.

chefann said:

Someone who used to live with me introduced me to the concept of a hot summer afternoon with a beer and a Hershey bar.

Oh, stop it. The juxtaposition of the sweet chocolate and the bitterness of the beer makes a great combination.

I believe you. One of Dan't former coworkers, who was from Germany, would always bring a 6 pack of beer and a package of chocolate chip cookies when he came to our house for movie night.

About the best thing I got out of that relationship was out of it at all, but I did get the chcoloate bar/beer thing along with some other culinary atrocities that are secretly pretty good.

chefann said:
I believe you. One of Dan't former coworkers, who was from Germany, would always bring a 6 pack of beer and a package of chocolate chip cookies when he came to our house for movie night.

That would made a very interesting PC theme show!!!

It could be beery interesting.

Well, hops to it!

I suddenly got nostalgic for this thread. It got me thinking about how much fun it would be to be surrounded by cheffers. I'm looking so forward to meeting as many of you as possible.

What's the matter Rae.....just can't bear the thought that you aren't the killer of this thread too?:D :D :D :pI'm looking forward too!

Nope. Not that I'm above that kind of thing. I spent an inordinate amount of time thinking about this thread today.

<h2>1. What would be fun/different/a "must-do" if there was a wave of Conference that was specifically for CS members ONLY?</h2><p>Some fun and different things that could be incorporated into a CS-only conference could include interactive workshops on popular CS topics such as coding, design, and social media. There could also be a designated "nerd zone" where attendees can play video and board games. A "must-do" could be a roundtable discussion on the future of technology and how CS members can shape it.</p><h2>2. We'd have to have our screen names on our badges, and preferably with our current avatars printed on them, too.</h2><p>Having screen names and avatars on badges would be a great way for CS members to recognize and connect with each other in person. It would also add a fun and personalized touch to the conference.</p><h2>3. OMG! There would be a lot of abbreviated speak (like the commercial on TV with the 'Tween who says everything in Text-speak).</h2><p>Yes, there would definitely be a lot of abbreviated speak at a CS-only conference. It would be a great opportunity for CS members to geek out and use their tech lingo without worrying about being understood.</p><h2>4. None of the workshops would be quiet - we'd all have to get our two cents in.</h2><p>With a room full of CS members, there's bound to be a lot of lively discussion and participation in workshops. It would be a great opportunity for everyone to share their knowledge and ideas with each other.</p><h2>5. Puns, puns, and more puns!</h2><p>CS members are known for their clever and creative minds, so a CS-only conference would definitely be filled with puns and jokes related to technology and coding. It would be a fun and entertaining way to bond with other CS members.</p><h2>Special workshop: costumes and fruit hats for every occasion</h2><p>This would be a unique and fun workshop where CS members can let their creativity run wild and create costumes and fruit hats for different occasions. It would be a great way to showcase their coding skills and have some fun at the same time.</p>

1. What would be fun/different/a "must-do" if there was a wave of Conference that was specifically for CS members ONLY?

Some fun and different things that could be incorporated into a CS-only conference could include interactive workshops on popular CS topics such as coding, design, and social media. There could also be a designated "nerd zone" where attendees can play video and board games. A "must-do" could be a roundtable discussion on the future of technology and how CS members can shape it.

2. We'd have to have our screen names on our badges, and preferably with our current avatars printed on them, too.

Having screen names and avatars on badges would be a great way for CS members to recognize and connect with each other in person. It would also add a fun and personalized touch to the conference.

3. OMG! There would be a lot of abbreviated speak (like the commercial on TV with the 'Tween who says everything in Text-speak).

Yes, there would definitely be a lot of abbreviated speak at a CS-only conference. It would be a great opportunity for CS members to geek out and use their tech lingo without worrying about being understood.

4. None of the workshops would be quiet - we'd all have to get our two cents in.

With a room full of CS members, there's bound to be a lot of lively discussion and participation in workshops. It would be a great opportunity for everyone to share their knowledge and ideas with each other.

5. Puns, puns, and more puns!

CS members are known for their clever and creative minds, so a CS-only conference would definitely be filled with puns and jokes related to technology and coding. It would be a fun and entertaining way to bond with other CS members.

Special workshop: costumes and fruit hats for every occasion

This would be a unique and fun workshop where CS members can let their creativity run wild and create costumes and fruit hats for different occasions. It would be a great way to showcase their coding skills and have some fun at the same time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Back