• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What If... a CS-Only Conference?

In summary, this concept was mentioned in another thread, and I thought it would be fun to play with the idea a little. The idea is for a CS-specific conference where participants would have to have their screen names and avatars printed on their badges, and would have to participate in all the workshops. There would be puns, puns, and more puns, and special workshops for costumes and fruit hats for every occasion.
BethCooks4U said:
We'll be the ones laughing insanely at apparently nothing because something reminded us of a post on CS!

Since we all have a habit of spraying our computers/keyboards with liquid when reading these things... the people that site right in front of us may not be so amused!

katie0128 said:
But if he was there, he'd want to solve our "problems"... I'm not sure anyone is capable of tackling that challenge...
They're not problems, they're "personality quirks."

chefann said:
They're not problems, they're "personality quirks."

"Quirks" sounds like we have something that deviates from the norm... I personally think everyone ELSE has the quirks... I'm just fine the way I am...

Oh, Katie, you are soooooo right. What's wrong with those people?And, yes, I plan to laugh hysterically at seemingly inappropriate times. Consider yourself warned.

katie0128 said:
:confused: Since apparently none of the truely addicted cheffers can make it more than a few hours without checking the site and making a (very often) pointless comment,
I just realized-- this is a dig at several of us! HEY!

That's why we need our own session of conference. So it's just like being on here for 3 days straight!

chefann said:
I just realized-- this is a dig at several of us! HEY!

That's why we need our own session of conference. So it's just like being on here for 3 days straight!

(Took long enough!) But, I really was including myself because now I can't even go 4 hours at work without posting anymore... You guys have ruined me...

... or is it saved me from a CS-less life that would otherwise lead to productive time at work and and home... I can't decide!

So how many are going to be on CS posting during NC????? That will be a sight!

At least we will know what sessions to avoid due to their lack of entertainment value...

And if we all meet, how are we going to have conversations without typing? That should be even funnier!

katie0128 said:
how are we going to have conversations without typing?

I guess that creates a new workshop.... I mean "thread"

How to communicate without your fingers.:rolleyes:

genburk said:

Why do have a feeling that this session title will eventually create a smart-alec remark from T.K.G.?????

Any one volunteering to organize this crazy mess???

Congratulations!You just volunteered.:D :D :D

katie0128 said:
Any one volunteering to organize this crazy mess???

You should never ask a question like that. The answer is always: YOU!! :D

Several years ago, I hosted an event for the Model A Club. It was a major task that took months of planning, hours to set up, and even longer to take down. As I was rushing around after the event, throwing stuff in my pickup and trying to get out of the facility, some bonehead started following me around, telling me everything that was wrong with the event and what I should have done.I was exasperated, and really wanted to explode but very quietly I said, "Well, congratulations. You're running this event next year because I'm done with it."He never spoke to me again - and the event hasn't been held since, either.

Maybe he is still planning it....

ha ha ha

More likely he sold his car and bought an old Chevrolet.

Looks like several of us are in Wave 1. Me, Katie, Ann, TKG, Paulette... We REALLY need to have an "organizational" meeting while we are there. Where and when??? I'll be there. (You guys in Waves 2 & 3 - don't worry! You can be their via CS! Or just trust us!)

I vote for the Pub in the lobby of the Hilton... They have REALLY good cheese fries and potato-leek soup.

(How do you make potato-leek soup? First, you take a leek....)

Sounds Good to me. I believe I am staying at the Hilton, but let me dbl check.

And I'm bringing my laptop and wireless card so I know I will be checking in here at least a few times while I'm in Chicago.

This will be soooooo fun!!!!

Just an FYI- I took my laptop 2 years ago. The Hilton wanted $15 for 1 day of internet access. Yikes!

what the ???????? I will just have to go to the Caribou arround the corner. I hear a caramel cooler calling....

chefann said:
I vote for the Pub in the lobby of the Hilton... They have REALLY good cheese fries and potato-leek soup.

Great! Now - day and time??

genburk said:

Without my hands (and therefore my fingers), I can't talk. I find myself using my hands even when I talk on the phone. If you're thinking that this would absolutely be the thread I should attend, I disagree. I figure the big gestures from the weird little redhead are part of my charm.

raebates said:
Without my hands (and therefore my fingers), I can't talk. I find myself using my hands even when I talk on the phone. If you're thinking that this would absolutely be the thread I should attend, I disagree. I figure the big gestures from the weird little redhead are part of my charm.
I do the same thing! If you want to frustrate me, just tie my hands down!

When I was in Jr. High, my friends challenged me to sit on my hands for the remainder of our lunch period. (I had finished eating by then.) I can clearly remember being comletely unable to express myself. It was incredibly frustrating.

Now that I think about it, maybe I should stop calling those people my friends. They tortured me.

KG, I decided years ago that if someone is voluteering to do something I won't criticize unless I'm willing to take over. Helps me to bite back lots of comments. And, yes, I've also been known to tell someone who seems to be overly critical of my way of doing things that they are more than welcome to take over.

BethCooks4U said:
Great! Now - day and time??
Well, I'm not exactly sure what my cluster's plans are for Sunday and Monday evenings....

We usually do something with the extended cluster (folks under my AD) on Sunday night. A couple of years ago we rented a trolley bus, ordered box lunches from a caterer, filled 2 coolers with adult beverages, and had a wild time!

I have no idea what plans my cluster has, so whatever day/time/location you want is good for me. This is my first conference, so I have NO idea what to expect. I can't even get confirmation if I have a room... supposedly enough rooms have been reserved for those of us that are going (not really sure who is going), but no one will answer my emails or calls... I might be sleeping on the floor in one of your rooms!

Okay. I know our cluster usually does something on Sunday evening too. How about we meet at 10:00pm on Sunday evening. We are all night people so that might work! By then the cluster things would be done.

What do you all think?

I hate to ask.... *cringe* wave 2 - what are the plans for us?

I don't know that we have any specific plans, yet. I've only been the NC once, and that was two years ago. My tiny, little brain just can't recall where convenient places to meet might be located.

Just let me know, and I'll be there, though.

chefann said:

Q: What's the difference between roast beef and pea soup?

A: Anyone can roast beef.

Eewwwww! Grosses me out every time.

Ever told that one and had someone not get it? I've had to explain it more than once. Frankly, I find that funnier than the joke, even though I find the joke disgustingly funny.

BethCooks4U said:
Okay. I know our cluster usually does something on Sunday evening too. How about we meet at 10:00pm on Sunday evening. We are all night people so that might work! By then the cluster things would be done.

What do you all think?
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
That's after my bedtime.... especially since it'll be 11:00 to my aging body....

But for you, I'll make an exception. :)

raebates said:
Eewwwww! Grosses me out every time.Ever told that one and had someone not get it? I've had to explain it more than once. Frankly, I find that funnier than the joke, even though I find the joke disgustingly funny.
Confuscious Say: He who laughs last didn't get the joke.I just look at them like they have carrots coming out of their ears and say nothing.

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious...

chefann said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
That's after my bedtime.... especially since it'll be 11:00 to my aging body....

But for you, I'll make an exception. :)
It's 11 for me too. You are planning to SLEEP at Conference??:confused: What a unique idea!

I am fine with earlier if that is the concensus but let's make a plan before we leave or like in years past nothing will happen and we MUST come back here after conference with great stories of how wonderful we are! 2007 Wave 1 rocks!:D - not 2007 Wave 1 snores. :eek:

Sounds good to me although I do not know what my Dir. Has planned. This will be my first time going with them and I tend to plan further ahead... I will know better as we get closer.

So are Rae and I going to be the only people proudly sporting Post Slut shirts? We at least need one person from Wave 3 so there's one in each wave....

Rae just promoted the slut shirt on her countdown to wave 2 thread. Go Rae !!

I just found out that TWO of those who were going to be in my room will not be coming. We have a 2 bed 2 bath at the Hilton for Sunday, Monday and Tuesday (Wave 1). I don't want to give up the room since I had such a hassle getting Sunday. Anyone need a room?

I just had a thought. No, it didn't hurt, but it did confuse me. New things are always hard.

Anyway, my thought was, if you become an instigator here on CS, does that make you a CSI?

And, yes, I'm trying to increase enthusiams for the "You say Post Slut like it's a bad thing" t-shirts. I'm supposed to get mine today! Can't wait.

And, no, I won't be posting any pictures of me in it. I will, however, be searching for cute PJ pants to go with it.

You need PJ pants with stars all over them.

That's what I'm starting to look for.

Know anyone who sews? You can probably find cute flannel or knits with stars on them at the fabric store.

Good idea. I can sew. I took clothing in 4-H for 9 years. The 10th year I only did foods because judging started on the day of my wedding. I did make my wedding dress, flower girl dress and all of the bridesmaids dresses.

I'll look for some for a while because buying them will be faster and easier than making them. If I can't find something I like, though, I'll just whip up a pair.

that's usually my thought before I sew something, too. And unless you get a great deal on fabric, it's usually cheaper to get something like PJ pants at the Red Dot Boutique or Wally World.

Marna Ross once wore a skirt made from our Tattersall Towels (Spring 2006). It was really cute!

It would take so many towels to make a skirt large enough to cover my sizeable . . . um . . . assets, that it would cost a fortune.

<h2>1. What would be fun/different/a "must-do" if there was a wave of Conference that was specifically for CS members ONLY?</h2><p>Some fun and different things that could be incorporated into a CS-only conference could include interactive workshops on popular CS topics such as coding, design, and social media. There could also be a designated "nerd zone" where attendees can play video and board games. A "must-do" could be a roundtable discussion on the future of technology and how CS members can shape it.</p><h2>2. We'd have to have our screen names on our badges, and preferably with our current avatars printed on them, too.</h2><p>Having screen names and avatars on badges would be a great way for CS members to recognize and connect with each other in person. It would also add a fun and personalized touch to the conference.</p><h2>3. OMG! There would be a lot of abbreviated speak (like the commercial on TV with the 'Tween who says everything in Text-speak).</h2><p>Yes, there would definitely be a lot of abbreviated speak at a CS-only conference. It would be a great opportunity for CS members to geek out and use their tech lingo without worrying about being understood.</p><h2>4. None of the workshops would be quiet - we'd all have to get our two cents in.</h2><p>With a room full of CS members, there's bound to be a lot of lively discussion and participation in workshops. It would be a great opportunity for everyone to share their knowledge and ideas with each other.</p><h2>5. Puns, puns, and more puns!</h2><p>CS members are known for their clever and creative minds, so a CS-only conference would definitely be filled with puns and jokes related to technology and coding. It would be a fun and entertaining way to bond with other CS members.</p><h2>Special workshop: costumes and fruit hats for every occasion</h2><p>This would be a unique and fun workshop where CS members can let their creativity run wild and create costumes and fruit hats for different occasions. It would be a great way to showcase their coding skills and have some fun at the same time.</p>

1. What would be fun/different/a "must-do" if there was a wave of Conference that was specifically for CS members ONLY?

Some fun and different things that could be incorporated into a CS-only conference could include interactive workshops on popular CS topics such as coding, design, and social media. There could also be a designated "nerd zone" where attendees can play video and board games. A "must-do" could be a roundtable discussion on the future of technology and how CS members can shape it.

2. We'd have to have our screen names on our badges, and preferably with our current avatars printed on them, too.

Having screen names and avatars on badges would be a great way for CS members to recognize and connect with each other in person. It would also add a fun and personalized touch to the conference.

3. OMG! There would be a lot of abbreviated speak (like the commercial on TV with the 'Tween who says everything in Text-speak).

Yes, there would definitely be a lot of abbreviated speak at a CS-only conference. It would be a great opportunity for CS members to geek out and use their tech lingo without worrying about being understood.

4. None of the workshops would be quiet - we'd all have to get our two cents in.

With a room full of CS members, there's bound to be a lot of lively discussion and participation in workshops. It would be a great opportunity for everyone to share their knowledge and ideas with each other.

5. Puns, puns, and more puns!

CS members are known for their clever and creative minds, so a CS-only conference would definitely be filled with puns and jokes related to technology and coding. It would be a fun and entertaining way to bond with other CS members.

Special workshop: costumes and fruit hats for every occasion

This would be a unique and fun workshop where CS members can let their creativity run wild and create costumes and fruit hats for different occasions. It would be a great way to showcase their coding skills and have some fun at the same time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Back