• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What If... a CS-Only Conference?

In summary, this concept was mentioned in another thread, and I thought it would be fun to play with the idea a little. The idea is for a CS-specific conference where participants would have to have their screen names and avatars printed on their badges, and would have to participate in all the workshops. There would be puns, puns, and more puns, and special workshops for costumes and fruit hats for every occasion.
chefann
Gold Member
This concept was mentioned in another thread, and I thought it would be fun to play with the idea a little.

What would be fun/different/a "must-do" if there was a wave of Conference that was specifically for CS members ONLY?

• We'd have to have our screen names on our badges, and preferably with our current avatars printed on them, too.
  • OMG! There would be a lot of abbreviated speak (like the commercial on TV with the 'Tween who says everything in Text-speak).
  • None of the workshops would be quiet - we'd all have to get our two cents in.
  • Puns, puns, and more puns!
  • Special workshop: costumes and fruit hats for every occasion
Your ideas?

Ooh-- I just thought of another.

Instead of calling them "workshops," they'd be "threads."

"Thread" suggestions:

Becoming a Stripper

Is Pink Your Color?

Creative Ways to Overcome the Posting Minimum

Overcoming CS Addiction

Special Event:

Meet Your Favorites: A mixer in order to allow everyone a chance to shake hands with The Kitchen Guy, chefann, Gillian, JillySue, and the rest.

As I posted on the other thread, though, this conference would be absolute chaos. We're a little out of control.

I'd wear nose glasses and change my name to...hmmm...better not say that here.

chefann said:
  • Puns, puns, and more puns!
We could hold it in Joliet, Illinois.

That's where the Punitentiary is.

Instead of a banquet, we'd have a giant coc*tail party! Lots of drinks! Lots of food! Lots of drinks! And dancing! And drinks!

Would there be drinks, Ann?

Barry Karaoke Banquet

Nobody would purchase anything from the vendor- we'd just wait in line to complain about their prices and customer service.

raebates said:
Would there be drinks, Ann?
Did I forget to mention the drinks?

Instead of recognizing promotions and TPC, we'd have people who reached a new star-level cross the stage.

The Stripper Walk could be interesting.

OMG!! You guys are a riot. I want to be the first to sign up!!! LOL!!!

The only "vendor" we would allow is Ann with her buttons and shirts.

LOL! I live right next to Joliet, I'm IN! I just got my stripper star...I better practice my walk!!

Here's another "thread:"
New to CS? Need to LOL? What's an EAD? Secrets of online speak!

Too funny sign me up! I'm there!
And you did say there would be drinks right?

LOL

:D

You'll have to ask Ann about the drinks. I'm not sure if she was clear about that or not.

KG could do a special: "The Man Behind the Apron"

Beth could do: "How to always maintain your sanity on a site full of crazies"

Rae and I could do: "Getting in the Last Word"

Gillian: "How to Keep up your post count while Looking fabulous"

Sure, Anne, but which of us would actually get in the last word? That could be the neverending session.

AJPratt said:
KG could do a special: "The Man Behind the Apron"

Beth could do: "How to always maintain your sanity on a site full of crazies"

Rae and I could do: "Getting in the Last Word"

Gillian: "How to Keep up your post count while Looking fabulous"

Had to tell you Anne, this made me laugh out loud! Just what I needed right now! Thanks!!!!

raebates said:
Sure, Anne, but which of us would actually get in the last word? That could be the neverending session.
Beth would have to act as moderator, of course!

Oh, poor, poor Beth. She'd need a few drinks to get over that one.

So, ChefAnn, will there be drinks?

Do we get umberalls with those drinks?

Umbrellas AND fruit in the drinks!

And a second round for everyone!!! :D

Woo hoo!

So, I'm guessing that the drinking will start early so there will be no afternoon workshops/threads.

Schedule:

7-8:30 Breakfast. Mimosas included
9:00-11:00 General session. Refreshments served on your way into the theater (trail mix and beer)
11:30-12:30 Lunch. Open bar
1:00-4:00 Threads (choose 2)
4:30-6:00 Happy Hour
6:00-??? Banquet/****tail party

raebates said:
The Stripper Walk could be interesting.

My vote for this portion would be to have a pole in the middle of the stage

Other workshops:

How to post at work while still appearing to do work
What to do when your Buddy list count exceeds your past host count
WTF? Abbreviate your way to success
Sleep is for sissies

AJPratt said:
Beth would have to act as moderator, of course!

Amy would be the tattletale when we are misbehaving :) (love you little sister)

Hey maybe we could hire the Maple Leaf waver guy that KG keeps posting!

He could be the featured speaker!

We'd have to start with a moment of silence in honor of all the lurkers... ;)

All workshops would be conducted using online video conferencing. (Just don't spill your drink on your laptop!)

We'd also have to have a kids/family event since we sometimes know more about each other's families than each other! :)

chefann said:
He could be the featured speaker!

I was thinking the official greeter or usher...:rolleyes:

There would, of course, be a photo op with the Maple Leaf waver guy.

Ooh! I like that idea!

chefann said:
Ooh! I like that idea!

Yeah Ann...you're fruit hat would be so fitting for him...

Instead of a tote bag, we'd all get fruit hats!
(But I'm not making them all. It took long enough to make that one.)

Another session idea: How to clean spewed beverage off your computer

That's a good one.

raebates said:
Another session idea: How to clean spewed beverage off your computer
You guys are cracking me up! THANKS!!:D

Can we have KG give a special presentation on how to NOT include OT in your Chef's Lounge thread heading? I'm still a bit confussed on that (j/k)

OMG! And, of course, on the evils of overusing OMG!

What a great idea? Have we picked a date? Drinks are mandatory*.:cool:

*but in moderation and no driving allowed

raebates said:
Special Event:

Meet Your Favorites: A mixer in order to allow everyone a chance to shake hands with The Kitchen Guy, chefann, Gillian, JillySue, and the rest.

When I read this I felt like Ginger (Gilligan's Island) - original theme song: "...and the rest. Here on Gilligan's Island".

So Rae, you let me know when I didn't WOO HOO you and then you forget me? I see...

Sorry, Beth. On the other thread I had you trying valiantly to keep us all in line. My oversight in this one is abhorrent. Please forgive me.

BTW, nice Gilligan's Island reference.

hmmm...

It starts with a tale of a fateful site....

Here on Gillian's Isle!

Oh, excellent. I love your brain, Ann.

<h2>1. What would be fun/different/a "must-do" if there was a wave of Conference that was specifically for CS members ONLY?</h2><p>Some fun and different things that could be incorporated into a CS-only conference could include interactive workshops on popular CS topics such as coding, design, and social media. There could also be a designated "nerd zone" where attendees can play video and board games. A "must-do" could be a roundtable discussion on the future of technology and how CS members can shape it.</p><h2>2. We'd have to have our screen names on our badges, and preferably with our current avatars printed on them, too.</h2><p>Having screen names and avatars on badges would be a great way for CS members to recognize and connect with each other in person. It would also add a fun and personalized touch to the conference.</p><h2>3. OMG! There would be a lot of abbreviated speak (like the commercial on TV with the 'Tween who says everything in Text-speak).</h2><p>Yes, there would definitely be a lot of abbreviated speak at a CS-only conference. It would be a great opportunity for CS members to geek out and use their tech lingo without worrying about being understood.</p><h2>4. None of the workshops would be quiet - we'd all have to get our two cents in.</h2><p>With a room full of CS members, there's bound to be a lot of lively discussion and participation in workshops. It would be a great opportunity for everyone to share their knowledge and ideas with each other.</p><h2>5. Puns, puns, and more puns!</h2><p>CS members are known for their clever and creative minds, so a CS-only conference would definitely be filled with puns and jokes related to technology and coding. It would be a fun and entertaining way to bond with other CS members.</p><h2>Special workshop: costumes and fruit hats for every occasion</h2><p>This would be a unique and fun workshop where CS members can let their creativity run wild and create costumes and fruit hats for different occasions. It would be a great way to showcase their coding skills and have some fun at the same time.</p>

1. What would be fun/different/a "must-do" if there was a wave of Conference that was specifically for CS members ONLY?

Some fun and different things that could be incorporated into a CS-only conference could include interactive workshops on popular CS topics such as coding, design, and social media. There could also be a designated "nerd zone" where attendees can play video and board games. A "must-do" could be a roundtable discussion on the future of technology and how CS members can shape it.

2. We'd have to have our screen names on our badges, and preferably with our current avatars printed on them, too.

Having screen names and avatars on badges would be a great way for CS members to recognize and connect with each other in person. It would also add a fun and personalized touch to the conference.

3. OMG! There would be a lot of abbreviated speak (like the commercial on TV with the 'Tween who says everything in Text-speak).

Yes, there would definitely be a lot of abbreviated speak at a CS-only conference. It would be a great opportunity for CS members to geek out and use their tech lingo without worrying about being understood.

4. None of the workshops would be quiet - we'd all have to get our two cents in.

With a room full of CS members, there's bound to be a lot of lively discussion and participation in workshops. It would be a great opportunity for everyone to share their knowledge and ideas with each other.

5. Puns, puns, and more puns!

CS members are known for their clever and creative minds, so a CS-only conference would definitely be filled with puns and jokes related to technology and coding. It would be a fun and entertaining way to bond with other CS members.

Special workshop: costumes and fruit hats for every occasion

This would be a unique and fun workshop where CS members can let their creativity run wild and create costumes and fruit hats for different occasions. It would be a great way to showcase their coding skills and have some fun at the same time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Back