• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Politics What I Like About Obama: A Balanced Perspective on the Presidential Candidate

In summary, The conversation involves starting a "What I like..." thread instead of posting on a "What scares me..." thread. The thread is meant to give the other side a chance to be heard and for fair discussion. The person speaking is a supporter of Obama but has previously voted for McCain and Bush. They appreciate Obama's calmness and thoughtfulness in times of crisis, his articulate speaking abilities, and his choice of a competent VP. They also like his focus on helping the middle class and changing things in Washington. They appreciate his reluctance to engage in negative campaigning and his willingness to talk to enemies. They also admire his ability to find common ground with McCain while also pointing out areas of disagreement. Finally, they appreciate that Obama is running
MissChef said:
I do not agree with you often Beth, I've just accepted that, BUT I agree with everything that I bolded! LOL! (couldn't agree with the first line but hey, I guess I'm on the wrong thread!LOL!) I'm trying hard to keep things light here, because I posted only to say that Your last paragraph was great and I was so impressed with him last night. Yes I voted for him and like him but I was even more impressed about how eloquent he was last night and when people in the crowd started to boo when he called Obama the president elect.. how he hushed the people was impressive. You could tell that he just really wanted peace and that he's tired of all fighting. His age has made him wise and he was very gracious and eloquent and had a no nonsence form of approach!
I also was touched by a few things from Obama too.... I never hated Obama, I just voted for which candidate that supported my beliefs the closest. I like how he said something to the affect that for those of us who did not vote for him, he hears our voices too and he will be our president too and for that I'm grateful. And he was very respectful and gracious to McCain after he had won. I appreciated that too.
No, I'm not tickled that he won, I won't lie, but I am a christian and believe that it is a sin to complain.... so with that said, now I will continue to pray, except now my prayers will be different because now I know who the next president will be and I only hope and pray that he will follow God's principles. And will put God first before anything else.
I just wanted to say, Beth, that it was nice to agree with you this time and I just wanted to share that with you!:angel:;):)

Thanks. I appreciate that.

Hey Beth ... just wondering ... why did it take so long for North Carolina to be officallly "called." Were there any problems with the election that you know about?

We ad some issues with paper ballots not being counted in time for us to publish results.

Di_Can_Cook said:
Hey Beth ... just wondering ... why did it take so long for North Carolina to be officallly "called." Were there any problems with the election that you know about?

We ad some issues with paper ballots not being counted in time for us to publish results.

NC took so long because the vote was so close. Obama led by only just over 10-15,000 so they had to do the provisional ballots before calling it.

<h2>1. What has Obama shown to be his strengths during times of crisis?</h2><p>Obama has shown that he is calm and thoughtful during times of crisis and does not rush to judgement without all the facts.</p><h2>2. Why is Obama's articulateness important for the country?</h2><p>Having a President who is articulate is important because it shows that they are not an embarrassment to the country. It also allows them to effectively communicate with allies and adversaries alike.</p><h2>3. What does Obama's choice of Joe Biden as his VP demonstrate?</h2><p>Obama's choice of Joe Biden as his VP demonstrates that he will surround himself with competent and intelligent people to help with decision making.</p><h2>4. How is Obama looking out for the middle class?</h2><p>Obama is looking out for the middle class by directly addressing their needs and proposing plans to help them, rather than relying on trickle down economics.</p><h2>5. What is Obama's focus when it comes to change in Washington?</h2><p>Obama's focus is on changing things in Washington, especially in regards to the current state of the economy and relationships with allies and adversaries. He wants to get back to where the country was at the end of the Clinton era.</p>

1. What has Obama shown to be his strengths during times of crisis?

Obama has shown that he is calm and thoughtful during times of crisis and does not rush to judgement without all the facts.

2. Why is Obama's articulateness important for the country?

Having a President who is articulate is important because it shows that they are not an embarrassment to the country. It also allows them to effectively communicate with allies and adversaries alike.

3. What does Obama's choice of Joe Biden as his VP demonstrate?

Obama's choice of Joe Biden as his VP demonstrates that he will surround himself with competent and intelligent people to help with decision making.

4. How is Obama looking out for the middle class?

Obama is looking out for the middle class by directly addressing their needs and proposing plans to help them, rather than relying on trickle down economics.

5. What is Obama's focus when it comes to change in Washington?

Obama's focus is on changing things in Washington, especially in regards to the current state of the economy and relationships with allies and adversaries. He wants to get back to where the country was at the end of the Clinton era.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cathyskitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Hathery
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
Replies
Views
sharalam