• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Happens When You Go Inactive?

In summary, an inactive Consultant loses the privileges listed previously under "Active Status;" however, they retain access to Consultant's Corner for twelve months and can place paperwork/supply orders and submit Shows.
monica_sweetconsultant
Silver Member
this really sucks!!! i havent had a show in a while (have a catalog, bridal, and one KC going now) and just recieved an email saying i was inactive :( :mad: :( :( :( what happens now? what did i lose? i am so depressed now!! i could just cry....finally got things to pick up for me and i get dumped with this..i dont know what to do now...is it even worth it to keep going?

Inactive StatusI found this on the website:
Inactive Status
After any two consecutive months of commissionable sales
totaling less than $200, your status becomes “inactive.” An
inactive Consultant loses the privileges listed previously
under “Active Status;” however, they retain access to
Consultant’s Corner for twelve months and can place
paperwork/supply orders and submit Shows.
In addition, inactive Consultants forfeit the following:
• Career sales credited to them. They will revert to $0 in
career sales, which means their commission rate will be
20 percent upon reactivation.
• Personal recruits. They will be assigned to your recruiter
and will not be reassigned to you upon reactivation.

Active Status
To remain active, you must submit at least $200 in
commissionable sales in every consecutive two-month period.
As an active Consultant, you are entitled to:
• Receive information and mailings from the company
• A merchandise discount on orders for personal use.
• Purchase samples and supplies
• Access to Consultant’s Corner on our Web site
• Weekly Bites — weekly e-mail communication from the
company. (If you don’t register an e-mail address with
Home Office, you may request a print version of Weekly
Bites for a $4.00 monthly charge, applied as a commission
adjustment. Contact Field Services to make this request.)

Hope this helps. It's happened to many people so don't feel so down. Just get right back up and do some shows!! Don't worry about it! Try to be positive and concentrate and having at least one show per month. Let your hosts know which dates are good for you, not the other way around. Let them choose from what you have to offer!!
Debbie Mireles

monica_sweetconsultant said:
this really sucks!!! i havent had a show in a while (have a catalog, bridal, and one KC going now) and just recieved an email saying i was inactive :( :mad: :( :( :( what happens now? what did i lose? i am so depressed now!! i could just cry....finally got things to pick up for me and i get dumped with this..i dont know what to do now...is it even worth it to keep going?
Monica,

You can ask for a retro-waiver if you want. I think there's a $25 fee. Call PC for the details and then you can make the request via email if you want to.

In the future or for others who have a month without sales: If you know that you will go inactive before the 2 months is over you can request the waiver and there is no charge. You can only have a total of 3 months waivers in a year.

What you loose by going inactive: any consultants that you have recruited go to your director permanently. You also loose your "lifetime" sales (which means you start over in accumulating sales to get to $15,000 and a 2% raise on all sales) and any points earned to date on the incentive trip.

This isn't the end of the world and many consultants have gone inactive and then came back to be very successful in their businesses! To reactivate just submit $200 in one calendar month within 12 months. If you go beyond the 12 months you would need to sign a new agreement and purchase an new starter kit. PC is very generous to us! They give us lots of time to rebuild!

Good luck! Monica, it sounds like you'll be back on track really soon! Look at your lifetime sales total so far and at your average paycheck and then decide whether the fee is worth it for you to take the waiver (if you are told you need to pay it).

I think I might have just lost my career sales!!! That makes me mad!!!! I got an email from HO saying I have gone Inactive!!!
Here is the real kicker I submitted $300 in sales in Jan. and a show in Feb which they have on hold. Plus 1 this month!!!! I'm sooooo mad!!!!!

I did contact HO I'm hoping they will fix it

Last edited:
...doesn't that $25 allow you to keep or regain your lifetime sales?

i know its not the end of the world but i have tried really hard. things have been rough for me lately (fell in a bad depression) but i had been getting little orders here and there and have a few shows going. its such a shock to open your email and see that sitting there looking at you. it totally makes you feel like a failure especially when you try so hard to make it work. i'm not in this for the money at all so my paychecks havent been that great. i just love to cook and meet people and i like getting the products cheap or free. this is the one thing that has had me excited since my dad died!! i dont know..i'll shake it off and try and get it back but boy it hurts to know you lost everything you worked so hard for!! thanks for the advice and boost...you guys are great

Monica,
I know how you feel. I've been inactive before too (actually, I just hit inactive again.. *rolls eyes*). It isn't that I haven't been trying to keep my business going, because I have. It's just that when my life goes nuts, something has to give, and it has just been my PC business. In the past six months, my parents have been in a terrible car accident leaving my father a paraplegic (a major slam in the face for a self-employed contractor of 28 years), my husband totalled our car, my son's been sick, and we've had a bunch of other personal problems.
It breaks my heart to know that I've gone inactive twice already, in just a year's time, but I try to return to the reasons why I started, and find comfort in the fact that those haven't changed (unlike my status!). If those reasons that you started are still important to you, I encourage you to pick yourself up, and to not look at this as a failure, but as a challenge. As a rebirth of your business. Sometimes starting fresh is just that.. a fresh start. AWiping your slate clean. You can clear your head of any past disappointments or whatnot, and just look to the future with a clean mind and a fresh attitude.

Honestly, I'm relieved that I went inactive. (But, I didn't lose any sales b/c I haven't had any this year, and last year was pitiful anyway.) I started this year absolutely bent on earning the trip to the Bahamas, no matter what happened. I bit off more than I could chew, and 3 months into the year, with no live potential hosts, no bookings on the calendar, and rejection in every avenue I go to find some, I feel so "blah" about the whole thing, wondering if I'm supposed to continue and if so, how. Before I start my business back up, I'll be praying an awful lot about it -- if I'm supposed to do it differently than I have, etc. And I'll get my ducks in a row (paperwork made up, host packets put together, advertising options layed out, menu written, catalogs ordered, business cards completed, etc) and make sure that I am fully renewed in the joys that brought me to joining TPC in the first place. Only the excitement and encouragement of that renewal of joy will give me the motivation that I need to plow through any obstacles that may stand in my way---and maybe even spill over to someone else who wants the same joy and satisfaction with TPC!

Amanda,

your words really hit home (sniffling)!! and your exactly right!! when i told my husband i went inactive i thought he was going to cry. but all day i have been thinking and asking God what to do about it. my husband asked if this is what I wanted. i said yes. BUT my life is so hectic right now too. My husband just accepted his calling to preach, we have 3 children who are very active, we are youth leaders at church, part of a church drama team, sing in a gospel group, and my husband leads the music for church services, and i am in the choir. so looking at that all i can say is where in the world will PC fit in?? this is something i truly love to do and i love the products as well. i just really dont know what to do. we fast once a week and tomorrow is our day so that will be hot and heavy on my list. he said to pray and do what the Lord leads me to do. if i want it back he said we will make it happen. if i dont well i got a pretty good kitchen of stuff!! (plus i know consultants to do shows with ;) . thanks so much for that uplifting!!

Called to preach!!!!It says in Romans 10:14-15, "How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"

What a blessing your family will experience being in God's will and in obedience to our Master! You might miss it but remember that God never gives us more than we can bear. Through time you will learn to accept what he has for you and your family. That might include PC that might not.
We are praying the Lord will send us out as missionaries and I know that being deep in the jungles of Mexico I doubt I will have too many PC shows, but in the end I cannot outgive God. He will extend mercy, grace and help me to be content in any situation. Be cheerful and remember that God is good!! He will satisfy all our needs!! Hunger and thirst after him and stop worrying about it...in the end
We know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.
Romans 8:28
DEBBIE

bbauman07 said:
I think I might have just lost my career sales!!! That makes me mad!!!! I got an email from HO saying I have gone Inactive!!!
Here is the real kicker I submitted $300 in sales in Jan. and a show in Feb which they have on hold. Plus 1 this month!!!! I'm sooooo mad!!!!!

I did contact HO I'm hoping they will fix it

Something is wrong here...if you submitted $300 in January, then a show on hold for Feb. wouldn't make you inactive. You would have submitted at least $200 in two months (Jan/Feb). You didn't say what the Feb. show total was but that total plus March must be at least $200 to stay active.

Once the Feb show is off of hold it will count as Feb sales, you just won't get the commission until probably mid-month. DEFINITELY follow up with HO to see what's going on. That doesn't sound right.

I often tell people that are interesting in PC, but not right now, that the right thing at the wrong time is the wrong thing. There is a perfect timing for everything.

tiffanypc05 said:
doesn't that $25 allow you to keep or regain your lifetime sales?
Yes - everything stays - as long as you ask for the retro waiver in that first month after going inactive. (eg. no sales in Jan or Feb and ask for it in March) - DON'T wait too long though! The deadline might be just a few days into that first month after - I don't know the exact rule on this! CALL HO!!

1. What does it mean to go inactive at Pampered Chef?

Going inactive at Pampered Chef means that you will no longer be actively selling or recruiting for the company. Your account will be put on hold and you will not have access to the online portal or be able to place orders.

2. How long can I be inactive before my account is terminated?

You can be inactive for up to 12 consecutive months before your account is terminated. After 12 months, your account will be automatically terminated and you will no longer have access to your account or any of its contents.

3. Can I reactivate my account after it has been terminated?

Yes, you can reactivate your account within 6 months after it has been terminated. However, you will need to pay a reactivation fee and meet certain requirements to regain access to your account.

4. Will I still receive commissions for sales made during my inactive period?

No, you will not receive commissions for any sales made during your inactive period. In order to earn commissions, you must be an active consultant at the time of the sale.

5. Can I still purchase products as an inactive consultant?

No, you will not be able to purchase products as an inactive consultant. You will need to reactivate your account in order to make purchases through the Pampered Chef website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• daniellemorgan
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefann
  • Adrian
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • DeeDee616