• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Happens to Discontinued Products?

In summary, MIL really wants the Americana tablecloth, but is not sure if she will be able to afford it before it is discontinued. There are other ways to get it if she can't, such as on eBay.
britishchef
My MIL *really* wants the Americana tablecloth. I know I won't be able to afford to buy it before it is discontinued at the end of the month.

What happens to discontinued products?

They usually get put into the surprise boxes you can purchase at conference. Sometimes, if HO screws up a promotion (like not having enough January Sweetheart towels), they use them in place of the promotion. I would highly suggest purchasing the tablecloth now, you won't be able to later unless they bring it back. I might be persuaded to purchase one for you and hold it until you have the money and then ship it to you. PM me if you are interested.

That's a kind offer Kate, but it's OK. I would rather not buy anything without being SURE of having the money, KWIM? So maybe if I wait until after next year's conference people will post here that they got tablecloths they don't want? LOL.

I don't know if you have a Big lots store but last year they had the fall leaf tablecloth, runner and towels. The towels were only like $2.00 for a set! The runner was around $6.00. Several consultants went and purchased them and used them as giveaways. I guess big lots gets PC leftovers. Just keep checking.

You can always post on the Trading Post here when you are ready to buy one! Someone is sure to have one that they son't want anymore. Also...there is eBay. I would buy something from another consultant first, but you can always check there if none of us have it. (Which is HIGHLY unlikely!)When you have the money make a thread in the trading post and you will be the proud owner of a tablecloth soon enough!

Umm...yeahSo, this doesn't have anything to do with discontinued items, but this is where I thought of my question.

It's dumb, so don't laugh...

What does KWIM mean?

Laura, she really has her heart set on this one! Actually I want to get her two because her table is too big for just one. I thought she could sew them together using a red/white/blue ribbon in the middle, and take off the overrun and make place mats with that.Gillian, I will do that, thanks very much!And Michelle, it's "Know What I Mean?". Sorry, there are a lot of abbreviations to learn on the net eh?

That must be one HUGE table!!!!!!!! lol

Good luck getting the tablecloth. I really love the quality and it's just so FUN!

ChefMommyinOC said:
So, this doesn't have anything to do with discontinued items, but this is where I thought of my question.

It's dumb, so don't laugh...

What does KWIM mean?

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that doesn't know what all those abbreviations mean:eek: It took me awhile to figure out that one too, so don't feel bad!

What Happens to Discontinued Products?

When a product is discontinued, it means that it will no longer be available for purchase through Pampered Chef. This could be due to a variety of reasons, such as low demand, production issues, or the introduction of a newer version of the product.

1. Why do Pampered Chef products get discontinued?

Products can be discontinued for a variety of reasons, but the most common is low demand. If a product is not selling well, it may be discontinued to make room for new products that customers are more interested in. Production issues or the introduction of a newer version of the product can also lead to discontinuation.

2. Can I still purchase a discontinued product?

Once a product is discontinued, it is no longer available for purchase through Pampered Chef. However, you may be able to find it through third-party sellers or on resale websites. Keep in mind that the quality and authenticity of these products cannot be guaranteed by Pampered Chef.

3. How can I find out if a product is going to be discontinued?

Pampered Chef will typically announce when a product is going to be discontinued, either through their website or email communications. You can also check the product page on the Pampered Chef website to see if it is listed as "discontinued."

4. What happens if I need a replacement part for a discontinued product?

If your discontinued product is still within the warranty period, Pampered Chef will still honor the warranty and provide a replacement part, if available. If the product is no longer under warranty, you may be able to find replacement parts through third-party sellers or on resale websites.

5. Will Pampered Chef bring back discontinued products?

Pampered Chef may bring back a discontinued product if there is enough demand for it. However, this is not guaranteed and will depend on various factors such as production costs and customer interest. You can share your interest in a discontinued product with Pampered Chef through their website or social media channels.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
paigev71