• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Happens if You Put Exec Cookware in the Dishwasher?

In summary, the conversation discusses the effects of washing cookware in a dishwasher and how it can potentially damage the pan. The participants also share their experiences and tips for properly caring for cookware, such as hand washing and avoiding dishwashers. The idea of selling stoneware as "aged" is also mentioned. It is noted that putting cookware in the dishwasher can void the warranty and may also cause thermal shock, leading to potential breakage.
lisacb77
DH was so sweet to do the dishes today, but ran my 8" saute pan I earned through the dishwasher. Will that do anything to it? I know we are supposed to hand wash. It still seems to do the melt the ice cub trick...

Thanks!

Like I tell people about the Ice Cream Dipper...it's okay if you do it once, but don't do it all the time or you will ruin it!

Dishwashers are too harsh--the water pressure, the harsh detergent. It will eventually ruin your pan. So make sure he knows to hand wash it from now on. :)

lisacb77 said:
DH was so sweet to do the dishes today, but ran my 8" saute pan I earned through the dishwasher. Will that do anything to it? I know we are supposed to hand wash. It still seems to do the melt the ice cub trick...

Thanks!

Glad to see I'm not the only one. LOL My hubby did the same thing. I thought about how sweet he is to do the dishes for me. Then I opened the dishwasher to empty it and about fell over. Bad, hubby, bad. :D

DebbieJ said:
Like I tell people about the Ice Cream Dipper...it's okay if you do it once, but don't do it all the time or you will ruin it!

Dishwashers are too harsh--the water pressure, the harsh detergent. It will eventually ruin your pan. So make sure he knows to hand wash it from now on. :)

Thanks gals. He does know from now on....I told him all the pricey stuff (stoneware, cutlery and cookware) must be hand washed! Poor guy :)

It doesn't hurt your cookware when washed in the dish washer but the soap you use may start to leave a filmly residue that looks chalky. If you use a damp towel the pan will come perfectly clean. You don't really ever have to put it in the dish washer because it cleans up so easily.

When my mom started washing her lids in the dishwasher the rim started to rust and now she's also got a few spots in her biggest pot that looks like it almost had a bubble in it and after she took it out the dish washer it was busted and now that little spot is also rusted.

Doesn't the use and care card say that putting in the dishwasher voids the warrenty?

My hubby just did the same exact thing!! He has never even seen the inside of our dishwasher and the one time he does it he loads my stir fry pan!! I knew to check as soon as he left, so it was only in there for 20 mins, but I was still worried sick!!

one of my hosts DH put her large round stone in the dishwasher! she freaked!
I guess it really doesnt hurt it. It just reverses the seasoning (aging) process.

IDEA ALERT! sell stoneware as "aged." "the worse it looks the better it cooks" it is kinda liked aged wine. Older the better! My large round stone was a good year (you might want to sniff the stone at this point)

sarahmarie said:
one of my hosts DH put her large round stone in the dishwasher! she freaked!
I guess it really doesnt hurt it. It just reverses the seasoning (aging) process.
It also can cause a thermal shock and the next time you use it it just might break.

Putting any of our cookware in the dishwasher does void the Warranty.

1. Can I put Exec cookware in the dishwasher?

No, it is not recommended to put Exec cookware in the dishwasher. It can damage the non-stick coating and decrease the lifespan of the cookware.

2. Will my warranty be void if I put Exec cookware in the dishwasher?

Yes, putting Exec cookware in the dishwasher will void the warranty. The warranty only covers damage that occurs under normal use and care, and putting it in the dishwasher is not considered normal use.

3. What will happen if I accidentally put Exec cookware in the dishwasher?

The non-stick coating may start to peel or chip, and the overall quality and performance of the cookware may be compromised. It is best to hand wash Exec cookware to ensure its longevity.

4. Can I put some pieces of Exec cookware in the dishwasher and hand wash others?

It is not recommended to mix and match the cleaning methods for Exec cookware. It is best to hand wash all pieces to ensure consistent care and maintenance.

5. How should I clean Exec cookware instead?

The best way to clean Exec cookware is to hand wash it with warm, soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge or cloth. Dry it thoroughly before storing it to prevent any water spots or rusting.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • GeorgiaPeach
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Flamingo
Replies
Views
Staci