• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Got Ryan Fired? Unpacking the Finale Mystery

In summary, the conversation revolves around the recent firing of Ryan from CSI Miami and speculations about the future of the show. It is revealed that Ryan was caught on video passing an envelope of cash to a suspect he was friends with, and that the suspect was a bookie who Ryan owed money to. There are also discussions about the over-acting of David Caruso and other cast members, as well as predictions about future plot developments.
GeorgiaPeach
Silver Member
I have to admit that I don't watch on a regular basis but...What in the world did Ryan do to get fired? I caught the very end where they asked for his badge and gun. Anyone know?

DH says Ryan was caught on video passing an envelope full of cash to an interrogation suspect he was friends with.

(I don't watch CSI Miami, but DH does. So, whether this make sense or not, I don't know)

The man that was a suspect in the house arson was a Bookie. Ryan lost $10K to him in a card game. He tried to get Ryan to "make his problems go away" or pay him the money. The video is of him paying the money. I do not know where he got it from b/c he kept insisting he did not have it. When Horacio saw the video he want to Ryan and asked for an explanation and he refused and told him it was his personal business. Horacio told him if he did not tell him he could not help him and it would become everybody's business and he still refused. The IA guy was standing in the hall while the conversation was going on, so, I do not know if he heard them or if Horacio turned him in.

I just keep having a feeling that the show will not come back after this year. There have been so manychanges here lately. I love this show and watch it faithly and hope it does not go off the air. But to me it seems when they start playing with the cast they soon go off the air.

And I personally do not want Callie and Eric together like they were hinting last night is going to happen.

DH and I watch this show (now that my beloved Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip is gone) mainly to make fun of David Caruso's over-acting. It's sort of like back in the day when William Shatner was on Star Trek and had those ridiculous pauses--Caruso is the same with dramatic pauses and turning his head to one side. It's hilarious.

The preview for next week makes it looks like Ryan starts doing some kind of rotten things to "get back" at the CSI department. I'll be interested to see what Horatio says (and which way his head turns) when that happens...

I believe it will be another type of set-up that Ryan is in on

That he isn't doing anything wrong, just wants people to think he is

So that they can catch someone else doing something wrong

I also don't think it will be ending anytime soon, but I do hope CSI: NY would just get off the air, I try and try to watch it but it is weird to me.

just my two cents worth

~

Brandie said:
DH and I watch this show (now that my beloved Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip is gone) mainly to make fun of David Caruso's over-acting. It's sort of like back in the day when William Shatner was on Star Trek and had those ridiculous pauses--Caruso is the same with dramatic pauses and turning his head to one side. It's hilarious.

Oh geesh we laugh at that too! then the medical examiner lady ....what a drama queen!

I think Ryan is going to go to work for that lady reporter that has been following him around and causing trouble.

It does get to be a little "over dramatized" at times but it sure is good. I have never been able to get into CSI:NY either. I think they tried one too many CSI's with that one. I like CIS:LV but for some reason have never gotten in the habit of watching it every week like Miami.

Last edited:
reba515 said:
Oh geesh we laugh at that too! then the medical examiner lady ....what a drama queen!

Hee hee.....I agree! When she pats the dead body on the chest and says, "Oh baby, what have they done to you?" I crack up :D She always talks to the boby and always calls them "Baby".

As for David Caruso...that "standing sideways, ****ing his head, hold the sunglasses-put them on" thing is so annoying. Det. Bobby Gorman from L&O: Criminal Intent does that head **** thing....what's up with that?

Wow....I think that's the first time I've ever typed something that got bleeped!! :eek: Maybe I should have said they "tip their heads to the side"...then I wouldn't have gotten censored!!

Brandie said:

The preview for next week makes it looks like Ryan starts doing some kind of rotten things to "get back" at the CSI department. I'll be interested to see what Horatio says (and which way his head turns) when that happens...

reba515 said:

You forgot the hoarse whisper thing David Caruso does. Cracks me up! The Furry Guy and I don't laugh at the medical examiner. We find her creepy. I mean, the way she talks to the bodies is disturbing.

I also don't like the whole Eric/Callie thing. I hope they aren't starting some hot fling with those two.

The biggest issue we have with CSI: Miami is that it's waaaay overdirected. We don't have a problem with using things like slow motion, stop motion, and all the other neat things they can do these days. We just don't think you have to use all of them in each and every episode.

The original CSI is still my favorite. CSI: NY isn't bad, but it's opposite Lost. I'm too wrapped up in figuring that show out to miss it. And, don't tell me to record one and watch the other. I'm usually sound asleep by the time they start.

raebates said:
The original CSI is still my favorite. CSI: NY isn't bad, but it's opposite Lost. I'm too wrapped up in figuring that show out to miss it. And, don't tell me to record one and watch the other. I'm usually sound asleep by the time they start.

I think the original CSI can't be copied! Isn't the original always the best?

LOST! I missed LOST last week - I was sick, and so was my toddler, and so exhausted, and just went to bed! Totally forgot that it was Wed.! Soooo bummed.:( I have NEVER been so obsessed with a show. The next morning I woke up and realized what I had done.....at 6:30 in the morning I was on Lostpedia.com, trying to find out what happened - but it isn't the same as actually watching it! DH then says "Oh - I wondered why you went to bed, I was going to say something, but then thought you probably knew what you were doing." Obviously, he is NOT a Lostie!

The Furry Guy works second shift. I tape his favorites. Lost is one I must tape for him.

This is a really funny video of all of david caruso's one liners from csi miamihttp://www.break.com/index/david_caruso_one_liners.html

raebates said:
The biggest issue we have with CSI: Miami is that it's waaaay overdirected. We don't have a problem with using things like slow motion, stop motion, and all the other neat things they can do these days. We just don't think you have to use all of them in each and every episode..

Those affects get on my nerves too when they are over done. It took me a few episodes for it to not just drive me crazy.

Am I the only one who thinks Caruso's glass this is "sexy" in a way? It is over done a lot but it does have it's appeal. Of course I really do not think he looks god or anything, so, I do not know why I find it kind of sexy sometimes. I just totally contradicted myself, I think:rolleyes: !

Sorry. Nothing at all about David Caruso strikes me as sexy. Just not my type, I guess.

okay this might seem like a weird thing for me to notice...but if 1 person is wearing an orange shirt so are 4 others , 1 blue shirt 4 others etc.
now I find myself looking for it in every episode....and now you all will too!:D

I agree with Rae and Becky...the best CSI is the original CSI! That's the only one I usually watch. I used to be a huge fan of NYPD Blue. David Caruso "is" John Kelley...and always will be John Kelley in my mind. (and like Rae says - nothing sexy about him...at least to me!) Had to throw my 2 cents in.

reba515 said:
okay this might seem like a weird thing for me to notice...but if 1 person is wearing an orange shirt so are 4 others , 1 blue shirt 4 others etc.
now I find myself looking for it in every episode....and now you all will too!:D

I'll have to tell my DH about this...see if he notices or not! Thanks for the info!

I love the original CSI and I do like NY but Miami is too much for me BUT we still watch it, I guess I love to make fun of Caruso. :) I like the whole casts though on the other two.

reba515 said:

You're totally right. Eva LaRue was on Rachael Ray (please don't throw things at me for watching her--I love her!) and she said that every episode has a color scheme of one or two colors. You're pretty observant!!! I still don't notice it even after I knew about it!

DanielleQ said:
You're totally right. Eva LaRue was on Rachael Ray (please don't throw things at me for watching her--I love her!) and she said that every episode has a color scheme of one or two colors. You're pretty observant!!! I still don't notice it even after I knew about it!

I LOVE Rachel Ray too!!! so, nothing thrown from me.

Last night I watched the episode where she gave Enterprise, AL, High School their senior prom. I cried the whole time!! They are baout 3 hours from me.

reba515 said:

I have noticed it a little but I will really pay attention now!

I saw the Rachael Ray episode. I heard Eva LaRue talk about the whole color theme thing. Still didn't notice it.

That link on the other page for Horatio one-liners is a hoot! DH and I watched it last night. I had noticed the sunglasses thing, but not to the extent that the video shows it--HA!

I will start watching for the color schemes...

DanielleQ said:

oh good so I'm not freak!(well not totally :p ) it really is so!
well won't I have to make sure I tell DH & DD !
They always look at me like "yeah whatever lady" :D

reba515 said:
They always look at me like "yeah whatever lady" :D

I get that look all the time.

1. What exactly did Ryan do to get fired in the finale?

In the finale of The Office, it is revealed that Ryan was fired for committing fraud and embezzlement while working at Dunder Mifflin. He used company funds to finance his own failed business ventures and was ultimately caught by the company's accountants.

2. Did Ryan's relationship with Kelly have any impact on his firing?

While Ryan's relationship with Kelly may have been a distraction and caused some tension in the workplace, it was not a direct factor in his firing. His fraudulent activities were the main reason for his termination.

3. Was Ryan ever rehired after being fired in the finale?

No, Ryan was not rehired by Dunder Mifflin after being fired in the finale. He did make a brief return in Season 9 as a consultant for the company, but he was not officially employed by them again.

4. Did Ryan face any legal consequences for his actions?

Although it was never explicitly stated in the show, it can be assumed that Ryan faced legal consequences for his fraudulent activities. Using company funds for personal gain is a serious offense and could result in fines or even jail time.

5. Was Ryan's firing a surprise to the other characters in the show?

While some of the characters may have suspected that Ryan was up to something shady, his firing came as a surprise to most of them. In fact, Dwight was the one who discovered the fraud and initially thought it was a prank by Jim.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janetupnorth
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
twinchefs
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva